Any other bands similar to Muse?

DarkChronic

Even being aware that Muse are basically a bashing of many different pre-existing sounds I do think they have something of a style of their own that I don't find very often.

Imo Showbiz- Abso and BHAR - T2L have a very own sound.

There are certainly typical Muse melodies and Matt has a distinctive voice.

It's lovely to see that there are still Muse fans in Banter :happy:

So... all of the albums?

I just wanted to show that these "eras" have a slightly different sound.:$

I don't agree with the people who say Muse have not an own sound.

There are just different types of Muse songs (Matt or Dom said that T2L sound like 3 different bands)

electronic rock/pop: UD, Madness,Follow Me, MotP, TAB

"slightly" symphonic rock: CoD, Supremacy, Survival, USoE

"Muse rock" (couldn't find a better term): Uprising, US, MKU, Assassin, Animals

I caught that after making the post. It's late at night, forgive me.

:stunned:

:)

Don't want to turn this into a "Muse aren't unique anymore" thread though, so back on topic -

there's a band called Civil Twilight that are sort of Musey + Coldplay-ish. I've not heard their debut album but their second album (Holy Weather) is alright.

There's also a French indie band called Stuck In The Sound, but with only a slight hint of similarity.

I did email the band "Me" through their facebook and received an awesome response. I pretty much asked if there was any meaning behind their logo. Like what it stood for. And this is what I got back

ME: - "yeah he's our little man, It means everything and nothing like ME. You are the center of your own universe so in a way you mean everything but on a grander scale you mean nothing. A little man inside of a circle that represents everything.... and nothing, maybe one day he will mean something on a grander scale."

That is such a cool idea and makes me like them even more. I'm still confused about the album artwork, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually

I don't agree with the people who say Muse have not an own sound.

Last three albums do not have a sound of their own, just a collection of various pre-existing genres with the only link being Matt's voice.

So the question these days is more "Who do Muse sound like?" rather than "Who sounds like Muse?"

Stuff I heard from the last album, can barely remember it now, one song was 80's Prince/Bowie, another was awful rock with OTT orchestra, another was bad electronic pop and another was generic mainstream Dubstep. Whereas OOS & Absolution, nothing else quite sounded like that at the time.

Imo Showbiz- Abso and BHAR - T2L have a very own sound.

There are certainly typical Muse melodies and Matt has a distinctive voice.

It's lovely to see that there are still Muse fans in Banter :happy:

Origin and Abso are quite different from Showbiz. Not sure why those should be all clumped together.

Origin and Abso are quite different from Showbiz. Not sure why those should be all clumped together.

Certain songs on Showbiz: Sunburn, Showbiz, maybe Muscle Museum

Last three albums do not have a sound of their own, just a collection of various pre-existing genres with the only link being Matt's voice.

You say the songs from BHAR-T2L does not sound like Muse in any way? I'd say this era just has a set of different influences compared to OoS-Abso.

It's not that bad. This formula works in favor of Muse in a lot of songs. For example UD, USoE, SMBH,even Madness and Panic Station (which has a Muse-y solo). They all take from pre-existing genres /sounds, but still sound Muse-y (to me at least).

Like A Fox is like a mix of Muse and early Radiohead, but for the most part ME sounds more like Muse but with a different style of over-the-topness rather than Radiohead.

ME has more in common with Queen than with Muse imo. (There is certainly a bit of Muse in their sound, but aesthetically it's more Queen.)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys iam new here:D

At the lowlands festival i saw "Nothing but thieves" play and i think they have there own sound but its similar to Muse.

I think this band will become really big in the next few years. Allready after the lowlands festival they had some other gigs that where quikly sold out.

Best to songs for now:

- itch

- Wake up call

• 2 months later...

Archived