Any other bands similar to Muse?

DarkChronic

Glad you liked them. Easily one of my favourite bands of all time.

Theres a good reason they sound British though. They're from England. :confused:

i really like Fell City Girl, first heard them about 6 months ago and since then I've got their EP and I've seen them twice :) one of the few bands I didn't mind requesting my friendship on myspace :p

I would say early feeder, system of a down also sound like muse just heavyer and of course matt is highly influenced by rage against the machine as a guitarist. Look for muse's influences and you will find some. Audioslave maybe, also maybe some manic street preachers sounds remotely like muse.

I would say early feeder, system of a down also sound like muse just heavyer and of course matt is highly influenced by rage against the machine as a guitarist. Look for muse's influences and you will find some. Audioslave maybe, also maybe some manic street preachers sounds remotely like muse.

Eh?

Showbiz Era - Buckley/Radiohead

OOS Era - RAGM/Rachmaninov/Glass

Abso - Pretty much Muse themselves

BHaR - U2/SoaD/Prefab Sprout/Abba/Belgian Dance music/other pop shit.

when you say "my band" what exactly do you mean? your not a member of Fear Of Music are you? or did you just mean your band sounds like muse?

no, just a 'joke' because the band i was in at the time got a fair amount of comparison to muse, though we didn't really sound like muse, doing our own thing, psychedelia/dance/grunge/ratm mixture. :)

we split up and formed a new band which i'm not even going to try and describe.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

There's a welsh band called The Last republic just breaking into the scene. I had a private gig a few weeks back from them and they are actually unbelievably awesome. You cannot help but compare Jonnie Owen's falsetto to Matt Bellamy so it might be worth checking them out guys xD

Music video:

Live performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IepgvIxy5Y

Abi x

There's a welsh band called The Last republic just breaking into the scene. I had a private gig a few weeks back from them and they are actually unbelievably awesome. You cannot help but compare Jonnie Owen's falsetto to Matt Bellamy so it might be worth checking them out guys xD

Music video:

Live performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IepgvIxy5Y

Abi x

Que bella voce!!! (What a beautiful voice.)

I'm not really hearing Muse as there are some very picky things not happening musically speaking that Muse do and these guys don't, but they are a solid rock band.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The band White Lies kinda remind me of Muse. They use a lot of strings and keyboardy stuff, the best comparison I can think of is Resistance, but a lot better :LOL: Also maybe comparable to songs like Map of the Problematique or Take a Bow. They also have a lot of emphasis on strong basslines like Muse (one of their songs 'To Lose My Life' basically has the Starlight bassline. The song is great though!)

If you want to listen to them I recommend their first album 'To Lose My Life...' because it's an amazing debut!

The band White Lies kinda remind me of Muse. They use a lot of strings and keyboardy stuff, the best comparison I can think of is Resistance, but a lot better :LOL: Also maybe comparable to songs like Map of the Problematique or Take a Bow. They also have a lot of emphasis on strong basslines like Muse (one of their songs 'To Lose My Life' basically has the Starlight bassline. The song is great though!)

If you want to listen to them I recommend their first album 'To Lose My Life...' because it's an amazing debut!

:LOL: how about no. :vomit: and I can't hear a single thing of White Lies similar to Muse :noey:

Archived