There definately trying to test us... or the one who has (possibly got the key). united, U.S.E. is much more powerful, in both a military sense and an economic one and influencial (as not only is europe a part but china and india (possibly the next big powers)). from an american view to deny such power to be recognised could agitate the new U.S.E. into a military offencive and recognising it could be benificial (in a similar way to how being an ally to america is for much smaller countries.

HOWEVER, that is looking at it from a political point of veiw, more specifically the goverment. Goverments rarely represent its people efficiently on a large scale so creating a single united state of eurasia could be the biggest totalitarian goverment ever seen as well as the largest super power. so if america doesn't recognise the U.S.E., a resistance inside the Eurasia would be able to benefit from an allied supper power in a similar way rebels in iraq (i think, could have been afganistan) were aided by the US when the USSR invaded.

so whoever you are who has the key. you need to decided whether you can trust the most powerful organisation EVER to be peace full and democratic. its your decision but i know what i would do... resist

Yeah, +CD is the other two minutes. Not recognizing may be what they want and may also lead to +CD (missile launch!!!!)

EDIT: And what's with the "REPORT AT 1100 ZULU/1200 BST"???? Is that in an hour? I'm always confused about how they write those. Any idea what it's about?

Does anyone knows what that means?

I think everyone seems to agree that the answer is not to unify. That said, the puzzles are fun... anyone any ideas on which Charles we're talking about? Darwin, Babbage, Dickens, the First...?

I think everyone seems to agree that the answer is not to unify. That said, the puzzles are fun... anyone any ideas on which Charles we're talking about? Darwin, Babbage, Dickens, the First...?

Agreed! :)

I believe it's Darwin. Punching in the words "charles square common" in google led to this:

The formation of vegetable mould through the action of worms

Think the word 'mould' could mean something here?

Shame that not everybody uses this forum..that way not everybody will know that most ppl don't want to activate NY... :(

I really dunno what will happen ,,but considering the arguments given by ppl I'd say:

DONT ACTIVATE

I DO think it has something to do with "collateral damage";)

"Charles Henry Parkhurst

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | 2008 | The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Copyright 2008 Columbia University Press. (Hide copyright information) Copyright

Charles Henry Parkhurst 1842-1933, American clergyman and reformer, b. Framingham, Mass., grad. Amherst 1866, and studied theology at Halle and Leipzig. He was pastor of the Congregational Church at Lenox, Mass. (1874-80), and of the Madison Square Presbyterian Church, New York City"

Does this help?

"Charles Henry Parkhurst

The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | 2008 | The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. Copyright 2008 Columbia University Press. (Hide copyright information) Copyright

Charles Henry Parkhurst 1842-1933, American clergyman and reformer, b. Framingham, Mass., grad. Amherst 1866, and studied theology at Halle and Leipzig. He was pastor of the Congregational Church at Lenox, Mass. (1874-80), and of the Madison Square Presbyterian Church, New York City"

Does this help?

It's definently worth keeping in mind...

Guest LateForTheSky

USOE lyric, ?these wars they can't be won? THE RESISTANCE WONT WIN AGAINST USA

but then again it does say our cause has gone insane

Originally Posted by Carbo

Here guys, I posted this in the other thread.

After much deliberate thinking I have to say that we shouldn't recognise.

Please read this guys, I figured it all out finally.

The point of The Grand Chessboard was that USoE should NOT have recognised to begin with. This is like a story guys! Matt's first twitter post was a clue! "To Recognise or to not recognise? That is the question, turn to the grand chessboard for advice". The Grand Chessboard tells us to not do it.

When we worked with Ununited States, it was only Eurasia that worked on it, thats because Eurasia is the only part that works and supports the thing. As for America, in the US, they're opposed to the idea. The first part of United States of Eurasia is a Queen-Esque ballad which speaks of uniting, the beginning of the idea, and if America recognises it, thats all that we'll get. A song about how we united the thing, and everyone's happy.

This will be a hard choice because America desperately wanted a part in this.

But if we don't, The Resistance will move in. America opposes to it, there will be no United States of Eurasia, and that's where the Collateral Damage part will kick in, the anti-Eurasia movement, and which ends with a sound of a rocket launch.

USoE is Part 1. Collateral Damage is USoE Part 2. Ofcourse!

My final vote is, US should NOT recognise Eurasia.

As I understand it - and I've only read the excerpt on googlebooks - (a bit of this thread and a bit of the task -will go back to that but feel a sense of urgency:LOL:) - The Grand Chessboard was written from the American point of view by someone who only cares about America. Therefore if he argued for a disunited Eurasia in order to aid American Supremacy, surely it would be best to do the opposite and activate a United Eurasia. Isn't it morally right to do whatever can be done for a united world, and the end of division and war, whether we be ordinary Americans or ordinary Eurasians.:D

How that impacts on whether we get extra bits of songs or not I have no idea, but I can be patient and wait until 14th September if necessary.

BTW This is exciting!:D

Now, hold on everyone. This treasure hunt promised us a few days ago that the US would have a big part in the unification process. Now, isn't the UN in New York City? And isn't America still a leading world power? I believe we should finish what we started, and activate. As HumInt recruits, we have an obligation to follow the orders given to us. It's what we signed up for. As long as the game continues, so we must we.

NO NO NO,.. Please tell me you are joking. Don't activate it.. We are not supposed to! The pole says over 80% agree. Let your conscience decide....or the fact that you will never be forgiven by your fellow "musers".. MOAHAHAHAHA

Now, hold on everyone. This treasure hunt promised us a few days ago that the US would have a big part in the unification process. Now, isn't the UN in New York City? And isn't America still a leading world power? I believe we should finish what we started, and activate. As HumInt recruits, we have an obligation to follow the orders given to us. It's what we signed up for. As long as the game continues, so we must we.

Yet, the song goes: "Must we do as we're toooold?".

;)

Archived