I love everyone getting on their high horse.

I've been shoved, kicked...one of my friends was BITTEN...I could go on, all at Muse gigs by people thinking just of themselves and trying to get to something as shitty as a sweaty towel.

It's fine saying that you think it's selfish but I bet if you had that envelope in your hand all bets would've been off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4xbJUMzVNg

the video with the Rogue Agent getting his envelope stolen.

After seeing almost the same in Paris, I would have ran after her fat ass!!!! or would have been prepared...or worst...would have done the same...just to have my tickets!!

Yes it might be selfish...but somehow...i must admit that i understand her...But that's still pissing me off for those who were there...

Just imagine the adrenaline she had :p

Ok now we just to laugh about that, that's not the end of the world :D

I've been shoved, kicked...one of my friends was BITTEN...I could go on, all at Muse gigs by people thinking just of themselves and trying to get to something as shitty as a sweaty towel.

It's fine saying that you think it's selfish but I bet if you had that envelope in your hand all bets would've been off...

Yeah actually...you read my mind...I totally agree with what you said.

But I'm still amazed of one thing, the guy who was camcording that has been very lucky!!!...to be so close to see that :D

Ah ah

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

The muse gig i went to was the worst experience ever, ah well, i am sure its not up to muse to manage that stuff

After seeing almost the same in Paris, I would have ran after her fat ass!!!! or would have been prepared...or worst...would have done the same...just to have my tickets!!

Yes it might be selfish...but somehow...i must admit that i understand her...But that's still pissing me off for those who were there...

Just imagine the adrenaline she had :p

Ok now we just to laugh about that, that's not the end of the world :D

You all civilized people forget how the rest of the world is, I am happy no one ran after her. Someday we will be able to peacefully sit back and enjoy the music. While her, she is probably rewatching twilight for the hundrend's time.

You all civilized people forget how the rest of the world is, I am happy no one ran after her. Someday we will be able to peacefully sit back and enjoy the music. While her, she is probably rewatching twilight for the hundrend's time.

Hey not fair. Let's not assume things. I liked muse before I'd heard of twilight and now I like both. I was excited that muse was in the movie and now it has just been announced that the sequel new moon will have muse in the soundtrack. Maybe it will be a song from the new album since the movie comes out after the album :)

Sad but true :(

It was too elaborate to be simply a marketing ploy. Of course one of the objectives was to entice interest in the album, but record companies or management aren't going to go to these lengths. For one thing Muse don't need it, their name alone is enough and I really don't think record people would know where to start with something like this. No this had all the markings of an eccentric interested in conspiracy theories. I think it was done for its own sake and it was cared about, a lot of work had gone into it.

LOOOOL...omg...this one made me laugh...I didn't even know that Muse was related to twilight...I didn't have any envy to watch this movie, but I will, at least by curiosity ;-)

What!!! The bitch stole the envelope! And then she activated it to piss Muse fans off even more!!?

I was hoping one of those yellow cabs was going to not see her.

If I was Muse I'd be cancelling those tickets.

The video shows someone stealing a fake envelope from a fake agent. The fake agent was not responding to passwords and many people would have done the same as her. This is not the real key and not the person who activated it - which, btw, was the only possible and reasonable outcome!

What I find funny is so many people claiming to be part of the resistance and wanting to be non-conformist but when this person actually does something that represents this position then everyone gets all mad.

It comes down to this. Almost everyone was acting selfishly - they thought they could get something (such as wild theory that behind door number 2 there was something better than USoE+CD) at the expense of the USA agent getting to meet the band. If you had followed the game, UNDERSTOOD the game and actually stopped to think about the question (should USA recognize USoE) in the context of the game you would have got the right answer...

The video shows someone stealing a fake envelope from a fake agent. The fake agent was not responding to passwords and many people would have done the same as her. This is not the real key and not the person who activated it - which, btw, was the only possible and reasonable outcome!

What I find funny is so many people claiming to be part of the resistance and wanting to be non-conformist but when this person actually does something that represents this position then everyone gets all mad.

It comes down to this. Almost everyone was acting selfishly - they thought they could get something (such as wild theory that behind door number 2 there was something better than USoE+CD) at the expense of the USA agent getting to meet the band. If you had followed the game, UNDERSTOOD the game and actually stopped to think about the question (should USA recognize USoE) in the context of the game you would have got the right answer...

I just lost the Game :(:LOL:

Do you people not read? All the agent had to do was unlock the station (read: pick up the key) and upload pictures to get the tickets. They did not have to activate.

There was absolutely nothing to lose by not activating.

PS: Anagram Geek

Do you people not read? All the agent had to do was unlock the station (read: pick up the key) and upload pictures to get the tickets. They did not have to activate.

There was absolutely nothing to lose by not activating.

PS: Anagram Geek

Interesting thought, but disagree. The Stations remained locked until they were primed, by not activating the station would still be locked. The instructions said "ENTER USB UNLOCK CODE BEFORE 20090721:1330 LOCAL STATION TIME" -- the way to unlock was to enter the code. The station would remain locked without the code AND the upload of photoint to Flickr/YouTube.

I think you are basing your idea, probably held by many, on this sentence:

STATION MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED BY ONE AGENT. IN INSTANCES OF MULTIPLE

AGENTS, ONLY ONE AGENT WILL BE RECOGNISED.

I think you are inferring that this means that the station is unlocked when the agent is given the key. It does not say that, use occam's razor:

1. STATION MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED BY ONE AGENT.:

Means there is one key, only one person has a hope in hell of unlocking the station. No one can guess the code.

2. IN INSTANCES OF MULTIPLE AGENTS, ONLY ONE AGENT WILL BE RECOGNISED.

If more than one agent shows up at the drop location only one of them will get one key.

This sentence says nothing about the act of unlocking, that is described later. Also, by unlocking on the USoE microsite the username of the agent and full contact information was known by the architects. Yes, the architects could have gone through Flickr contact mechanisms but that would have added tricky issues related to personally identifiable information, the agents acceptance of the muse.mu site policies, acceptance of terms and conditions of the game.

Anyway, look at the Station now: http://ununitedeurasia.muse.mu/station/colossus

STATION HISTORY

STATION UNLOCKED BY REBECCA ON 2009-07-21 18:47:25 GMT WITH KEY caustics56(avoidance.

I have no doubt that unlocking a station depended 100% on entering the "unlock" code.

cheers

Z-E-

P.S. Yup on the anagram

HUMINT RESOURCE MOBILIZATION HAS DEPENDENCIES ON USB RECOGNITION KEYCODE ACQUISITION FROM DROP LOCATION. KEYCODE UTILISATION WILL INDICATE THAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA RECOGNISES NEW UNITED STATES OF EURASIA.

AGENT MUST PROVIDE A PHOTINT OF AGENT WITH USB PACKAGE AT STATION FUSE. UPLOAD PHOTINT TO DESIGNATED PUBLIC REPOSITORIES FOXTROT AND YANKEE.

FLASH NOTICE TO AGENTS PARTICIPATING IN STATION UNLOCK.

SUCCESSFUL STATION UNLOCK AND PHOTINT WILL RESULT IN PERSONAL DEBRIEF WITH PROJECT EURASIA ARCHITECTS AND 2X ADMITTANCE TO PROJECT EURASIA (MIKE UNIFORM SIERRA ECHO) RALLY OF AGENT'S CHOICE. PROJECT ARCHITECTS WILL CONTACT SUCCESSFUL AGENT. DEBRIEF AT ARCHITECT'S DISCRETION.

FLASH MESSAGE TO ALL USOE AGENTS: ARCHITECTS GRAN AJEDREZ NOTE THAT STATION//COLOSSUS HAS NOT BEEN ACTIVATED.

There's a difference between unlocking and activation. When she picked up the USB key, she unlocked the station. There's a reason Muse said that it had not been activated- she had the key, but didn't input or utilize the code yet.

Everything referencing the concert tickets and band meet says successful station unlock.

I'm stickin' to my guns here. You're welcome to whatever opinion.

There's a difference between unlocking and activation. When she picked up the USB key, she unlocked the station. There's a reason Muse said that it had not been activated- she had the key, but didn't input or utilize the code yet.

Everything referencing the concert tickets and band meet says successful station unlock.

I'm stickin' to my guns here. You're welcome to whatever opinion.

Good for you. And like in history the winners are right, or can make up the history to make that case....

Each station's default setting on the map was "RED" which when you look at the legend = LOCKED. Unlocking with the USB code primed each station, a Station remained locked until a) the code was entered and b) the photoint was verified. A station was not activated until the respective puzzle solved was each round. Never did a station become unlocked because the USB key was given out. I really can't figure out how you have come to this conclusion.

Further, for NY they explicitly called it a USB UNLOCK CODE on the Colossus station page.

Sorry this has taken so long to post – gave myself a self-imposed break from the computer, except for listening to USOE!

ACTIVE HUMINT RESOURCE SELF-DEBRIEF:

Well Eurasia has been United, and what a Project it was! I would like to thank MUSE and everyone who worked so hard on this Project from the bottom of my heart for providing the fans with such a unique, exciting experience – a Treasure Hunt the kind of which we may never partake of again! I lost a lot of sleep from 13 – 22 July, but what did I gain? I was forced to think about and research ideas and issues ranging from “The Threepenny Opera” to Henry Kissinger that spanned literature, music, musical theatre, diplomatic relations between countries, politics, political figures and groups, and the history of the world! My problem solving skills were really put to the test. Most importantly I learnt about “The Grand Chessboard” which Matt really seems to want us to read and I most definitely will. But I think one of the most important aspects of this amazing treasure hunt was that in the process of uniting Eurasia, we as Muse fans were united also; we did not always share the same opinions on various clues or agree on everything – such as whether to activate Station Colossus or not – but wasn’t the tension grand!. I think we were united in the way that in the lead up to the unlocking of each station fans from all over the world were communicating with each other whether the time was civilized for them or not, fans who hadn’t been on the forums for a long time were back, and fans re-connected with each other When Muse Messageboard and Muselive crashed in the lead up to activating/not activating Station Colossus, I was having a ball with fans in the flickr group who don’t seem to post in the forums! So I made many new friends and re-connected with old ones. Bit by bit we rewarded with snippets of USOE and now we have the whole wonderful song and “Collateral Damage” is magnificent yet haunting. This has been a great, fun-filled experience for me which I felt privileged to be a part of and which was a great escape from the realities of life for a while! Thank you Muse and everyone else involved!

• 1 year later...

Archived