Gday guys, first time poster, long time MUSE lover. Have been stalking the forums for quite some time, and am VERY impressed at all of your detective work with the UNUSoE stuff. It has been a lot of fun, and I wish that I could have helped some more! (being in Australia, and not being able to unite eurasia is tough!)

Before the final phase completes and the person who ends up with the USB key makes their decision, I would like to put in my 2cents by asking: "Does the United States recognition necessarily mean that we are united as one world entity?". Recognition of a massive superpower doesnt necessarily mean that the US will side with Eurasia....

I am on the side of those saying 'DONT ACTIVATE'. If you get the key (a rare find in itself!), you will still get the MUSE tickets and meet the band. See what happens when the little guy disrupts a superpowers plans! March to the beat of your own drum, dont fall in line (as the song suggests!)

I'm sure that as the codeword is revealed, we will all know the answer to Matt's grand puzzle. Good luck all!

TBH one side is gonna be proved totally wrong and it doesn't mean either side has been short sighted or stupid. It just means we've been a victim of the Bellamy Mind Fuck Extrodinaire.

:LOL: well, the foreplay has been amazing

I am not much help with the clues and still completely on the fence about activating. Has anyone actually read The Grand Chessboard?

"If USA recognizes USE, there is sure to be some collateral damage... M"

This was just posted on Twitter. It would appear that Matt just blatantly stated that you're SUPPOSED TO RECOGNIZE the USE.

No that means what we will get for not activating.

It doesn't at all say we should activate it. There's still a choice, it's just trying to make us more tempted to activate.

He's trying to mindfuck us all into activating so we don't get the prize.

We won't get to hear the song Collateral Damage but there will sure be damage that is unintended or incidental to the intended outcome. :LOL:

We will get to hear it, activated or not.

Zane Lowe has already said we will hear it on his show tomorrow night! Matt wants us to think it needs activating, so we are tempted and do it.

Surely not activating will be a more interesting outcome?

Zane Lowe has already said we will hear it on his show tomorrow night! Matt wants us to think it needs activating, so we are tempted and do it.

agreed :happy:

i wanna start the resistance, and we'll get USoE and collteral damage on the album and whatever! :happy:

Perhaps not activating will allow all participants to get advanced copies of The Resistance, because we "started" it? Just a thought...

I thought of something like that.

I also thought 'Resistance mobilising' might be a fancy way of saying 'Album artwork released'

I still go for NOT ACTIVATE for the reason in my sig.

Does anyone know what previous codewords have been? Is it not comething as simple as "Cat"? Because...well, if you take all of the upper-case letters from the Tweets that gave clues for the location, then, well, you get CAT (Charles, And, The) :$

Chances are the Muser will be someone from this message board, so they will hopefully know not to activate it. They stil get the tickets and will get to hear the entire song (including Collateral Damage) on the radion station tomorrow anyway. This is a test! Is there not a forum dedicated to telling people NOT TO ACTIVATE it?

Perhaps not activating will allow all participants to get advanced copies of The Resistance, because we "started" it? Just a thought...

Dang. That'd be effing awesome. For that reason alone, I take a stance and say DO NOT ACTIVATE.

And coming from an American, surely that means something :D

I thought of something like that.

I also thought 'Resistance mobilising' might be a fancy way of saying 'Album artwork released'

I still go for NOT ACTIVATE for the reason in my sig.

What time is Zane's show at? I wonder if i'll still be at work... :(

^This. x 10. Collateral damage is the end of the USoE song, the remaining 2minutes. We are gonna hear the song anyway, so why not see what happens when we change the rules? :p

Also, just because the USA doesnt recognise the USoE, it doesnt mean that it wont be recognised by other means....

eg. the resistance will be mobilised

It just seems awfully... I don't know. To me, if you're asking what may happen if you don't activate, then why wasn't everyone asking what may happen if they didn't get the USB key in Moscow, or input the code then? To me the choice seemed obvious, but I suppose I'm one of the Americans who doesn't know why not activating would be such a great idea.

Just seems like a lot of "ifs."

The grand chessboard, which this song is based on states that for the resistance to exist recognition off the state cannot be present, All the clues in the collosus thread tell us not to activate!

IN SUMMARY (Quoted from 'Niall', muse.mu):

ACTIVATION:

We will get the USoE MP3 that we already have.

One person will get the standard prize for activating.

The only reason to do this seems to be because that's what the UnUSoE site tells us to do.

NON ACTIVATION:

Will result in the mobilization of The Resistance.

Will be inline with Matt's opposition with Brzeziński's idea of the Grand Chessboard and unifaction of Eurasia as a means of American contol of oil supplies. (see also Muse Answers last year.)

Will stop the situation presented in 1984 of superpowers engaged in endless wars as a means of control.

This. Times infinity. Dang. Now I feel foolish for ever considering activation. :$

It just seems awfully... I don't know. To me, if you're asking what may happen if you don't activate, then why wasn't everyone asking what may happen if they didn't get the USB key in Moscow, or input the code then? To me the choice seemed obvious, but I suppose I'm one of the Americans who doesn't know why not activating would be such a great idea.

Just seems like a lot of "ifs."

On the other pick up points it did not mention the mobilising of The Resistance, there was no choice for us to make. Now there is.

Guest deceptive.cadence
The grand chessboard, which this song is based on states that for the resistance to exist recognition off the state cannot be present, All the clues in the collosus thread tell us not to activate!

This.

I'm for not activating the code at the moment. It's probably more interesting that way anyway.

But then again, I sort of want it to be activated.

I can't believe I'm getting this conflicted over a treasure hunt lol.

It would be great if what he meant by mobilization would be the dates of a proper US tour, but that's just wishful thinking. :)

Archived