This.

I'm for not activating the code at the moment. It's probably more interesting that way anyway.

But then again, I sort of want it to be activated.

I can't believe I'm getting this conflicted over a treasure hunt lol.

It would be great if what he meant by mobilization would be the dates of a proper US tour, but that's just wishful thinking. :)

This would be AMAZING

If USA recognizes USE, there is sure to be some collateral damage... M

Collateral damage - inadvertent casualties and destruction inflicted on civilians in the course of military operations

Given the amount of detail that has gone into this endeavor, I would take notice that "collateral damage" is not properly capitalized, which would lead me to believe that it's not referring to the song title.

I agree that this was posted only to tempt someone into activating the key code. My guess is that "collateral damage" in this context means that the masses are going to miss out on something awesome if the USA recognizes the USE.

Could it be that a "mobilization" could involve a full US tour. I hope so seeing that I live in Flagstaff, AZ and the nearest gig is in Texas, nearly 1000 miles away. Arrrgh.... what to do?

have a day

im sorry, but i hope not because then we (australia) will be left out again! :p

i dont like being left out...

im hoping mobilisation will be something involving everyone all over the world (like they said they needed :mad: )

fingies crosseded!

Do you even know what that means?

It's obvious. The four horsmen of the appocalypse will ride in with crazy and have a seat at a wooden table in the middle of the desert. Then they will start playing horsie with their miniature steeds while planning our demise. The bombs will drop and we will all be consumed by a nuclear fire. See... clear as day.

this is from "the grand chessboard"

"The most immediate task is to make certain that no state or combination of states gains the capacity to expel the United States from Eurasia or even to diminish significantly its decisive arbitration role." (p. 198)

could it be a clue for station//colossus ??

AHHH! Why does the final decision have to rest on us?!?!? I'm so glad I don't live in New York, the pressure would drive me insane! I live in Ohio, and at first I was all worried that someone wouldn't activate, and wishing I could afford to drive there. However, now that I've read your comments I'm starting to worry someone WILL. If we make the wrong decision . . .well, everyone will hate us and I will cry and feel shame the rest of my life.

AHHH! Why does the final decision have to rest on us?!?!? I'm so glad I don't live in New York, the pressure would drive me insane! I live in Ohio, and at first I was all worried that someone wouldn't activate, and wishing I could afford to drive there. However, now that I've read your comments I'm starting to worry someone WILL. If we make the wrong decision . . .well, everyone will hate us and I will cry and feel shame the rest of my life.

There is no decision - I'm telling you read this and the answer is obvious - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/plotsummary - WE CAN'T ACTIVATE - I am not in New York, so I can't make or break anything but EVERYONE needs to read that and pass the word to NOT ACTIVATE

Well I'm most definitely not making or encouraging any attempt to activate!!!!! I'm just highly paranoid at the moment that someone is going to do something stupid, and by that I mean that someone WILL activate, and we will all look like flaming dumbasses.

I'm with you, how stupid will we look if we activate armed with the knowledge that it will spell disaster?

Guys - just a thought...

what if 'recognition of USoE' LITERALLY means recognition??

theres been quite a bit of talk on these boards about this not being the real song, and think i read somewhere that muse said that depending on our outcome of the treasure hunt may affect the album itself.....

what if recognition means this is the song that appears on the final album,

but, not recognising means that an alternative version of USoE appears (and since theres an mp3 floating around allows us to have both versions)??

um just my opinion but i think we will get USOE and collateral damge if we activate....

BUT I think we where ALWAYS going to get it in the MP3 as it is listed as one song on the album

and that Muse are trying to tell us both that it will come with the MP3

(in order to clear up the confusion surronding wiether or not it's two tracks)

and that are activating will cause collateral damge and that we will miss out on something great our 'collateral'

I'm agreeing with a lot of people here in the decision not to activate.

We'll get Collateral Damage anyway, and the download of USoE when the album comes out. If we DON'T activate I think that something much more interesting will happen, and all the clues seem to be pointing that way right now. "The resistance will be mobilized" - maybe they'll start releasing singles? We'll get an alternate USoE?

As far as I can see we've got nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain by not activating. Muse fans are rebels anyhow - let's do something daring! :D :D

Archived