I might be going. I'm going to get up early in the morning and check out all the forums and decide. I have to call in sick if I'm going!

I'll be going as well. I'd like to have the USB as well, just to have. Plus the two free tickets. ;)

Will there be some sort of early meet-up?

It just seems awfully... I don't know. To me, if you're asking what may happen if you don't activate, then why wasn't everyone asking what may happen if they didn't get the USB key in Moscow, or input the code then? To me the choice seemed obvious, but I suppose I'm one of the Americans who doesn't know why not activating would be such a great idea.

Just seems like a lot of "ifs."

"If USA recognizes USE, there is sure to be some collateral damage... M"

This was just posted on Twitter. It would appear that Matt just blatantly stated that you're SUPPOSED TO RECOGNIZE the USE.

So it seems. But everything else has pointed against it.

Sure we'll get the second half of the track. But why make it so ambiguous in the rest of the statements if there wasnt more to be gained from the mobilisation of human resources?

It just seems awfully... I don't know. To me, if you're asking what may happen if you don't activate, then why wasn't everyone asking what may happen if they didn't get the USB key in Moscow, or input the code then? To me the choice seemed obvious, but I suppose I'm one of the Americans who doesn't know why not activating would be such a great idea.

It's because something cool will happen if we don't activate this one, and all of the clues demand that we don't. Read into this thread a bit more for more info.

Because there was no alternative in the other statements. This one has provided a clear do X or else Y will happen.

We want to know what Y is. We didnt have it as an option as before and it seems to fit in more with Matt's line of thought and the whole context of this game.

Why can't you see that?

I'm part of the "don't activate" group, but I think I might be on to the code word. The site that the key is at, the council on foreign relations, feature's a guy named Charles Kupchan. Kupchan has a book called "The End of the American Era", which is about America stepping down as a superpower to a United Europe and Asia. If that isn't a crazy coincidence, I don't know what is. I just don't understand how to arrive at one code word from all of that. But it has to be something to do with this.

Trust me, I've been reading all day (on my lunch break and such), and after fourteen pages of reading, I'm still on the fence. I understand the desire to see what may happen. I may not necessarily agree, but then again, I'm easily 30+ hours away from NYC, so that doesn't matter (it's not like I'll be the one there tomorrow).

And, if nothing else, I'm part of the humints on the project, sooo... I guess I'll just join the resistance and uprise against... myself, as an American :D

...or that we have a choice. Unlock and get the rest of the track, or don't activate and possibly gain something more...

This whole song revolves around the controversy over one combined state, so this stage of the treasure hunt (critical split choice) must have been well planned and not overlooked. The twitter post does nothing but aid to the scitzophrenia about the whole situation because we all know we're going to eventually hear Collateral Damage on the album despite whatever happens here. So obviously if we want to hear anything else, we should avoid activating... the question is: Is Matt hinting that we should go ahead with activating, or not? All we can see from his post is that activating it will surely allow us to listen to Collateral Damage early. I get the overwhealming impression that his implication is "activate it to hear the next part of the song or you'll get nothing else" because why post anything at all? Almost seems 'desperate'. I'm very confused :'(

=]

Trust me, I've been reading all day (on my lunch break and such), and after fourteen pages of reading, I'm still on the fence. I understand the desire to see what may happen. I may not necessarily agree, but then again, I'm easily 30+ hours away from NYC, so that doesn't matter (it's not like I'll be the one there tomorrow).

And, if nothing else, I'm part of the humints on the project, sooo... I guess I'll just join the resistance and uprise against... myself, as an American :D

TBH one side is gonna be proved totally wrong and it doesn't mean either side has been short sighted or stupid. It just means we've been a victim of the Bellamy Mind Fuck Extrodinaire.

PLus I'm still hopeful that the mobilisation means we're getting to invade America at Bellamys expense for fligts etc.

I may be just a little bit optimistic on that front though...

And if we're already here? Bah. Nope, I think you're right. It can go either way, and while neither of us personally can take matters into our own hands (well, not me, at least), we'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see what happens. To say they put some thought into this is almost insulting- they've concocted a truly brilliant, global... mindfuck extraordinaire. You are very much correct.

Archived