getting my ears pierced nearly killed me with pain:LOL:

I love Muse but I aint getting a tattoo of them!

uhu and when you're older.. you maybe dont even like them anymore and when youre getting reeeeeeeally old your skin is getting weird and all you see is some flubberbubber muse tattoo thingy on wherever you want ^-^

uhu and when you're older.. you maybe dont even like them anymore and when youre getting reeeeeeeally old your skin is getting weird and all you see is some flubberbubber muse tattoo thingy on wherever you want ^-^

Simple answers to these issues:

1. Don't ever get a band's name tattoo, go for a symbol or lyrics

2. Don't get the tat in a place likely to go saggy in middle age :rolleyes:

3. Don't get a tattoo until you're old, set in your ways and not likely to change band loves like you do knickers, I don't like any of the bands I liked when I was 13 :LOL:

Cheers everyone for your comments *feels the Boardie love* :happy:

And thanks to Liron cos her awesome Citizen Erased tattoo was part of the inspiration.

Something I've also considered for a while now is astrology symbols (I thought about the Leo sign as thats my Horoscope but thought I'm not stereotypically Leo) so the New Born video made me want to combine the two so I quickly drew this up..

tattoodesignthing.jpg

:erm:

Hmm yeah needs more thought :LOL: But I do love the Mercury symbol but some people may mistake me for a satanist or something

Cool I'll need all the help I can get :D Hmm.. don't? Not sure actually.. I want tattoos in various places wrist, arm, back of shoulder, base of back, back of neck, ankles..

No! Not a tramp stamp. The other ones are good places. Now that I think of it, I'm having trouble figuring out where to get lyrics. Ha! If it's a very short line, the wrist could be cool. Okay, hold on, I take the tramp stamp remark back. Lyrics or any writing does look pretty cool on the lower back.

A tattoo of muse.. kinda cool, but i dont even want earrings *needle phobia*

I hate needles, too, and I still got some tattoos. lol You can't even see the needle.

I think with any other band that could happen but with Muse, nope.

Simple answers to these issues:

1. Don't ever get a band's name tattoo, go for a symbol or lyrics

2. Don't get the tat in a place likely to go saggy in middle age :rolleyes:

3. Don't get a tattoo until you're old, set in your ways and not likely to change band loves like you do knickers, I don't like any of the bands I liked when I was 13 :LOL:

1. I still want their logo somewhere. I could write a whole book on why but I'll spare you all. Hehehe.

2. :yesey:

3. :yesey: I'm at that point!

No! Not a tramp stamp. The other ones are good places. Now that I think of it, I'm having trouble figuring out where to get lyrics. Ha! If it's a very short line, the wrist could be cool. Okay, hold on, I take the tramp stamp remark back. Lyrics or any writing does look pretty cool on the lower back.

tramp stamp? :LOL:

Something I've also considered for a while now is astrology symbols (I thought about the Leo sign as thats my Horoscope but thought I'm not stereotypically Leo) so the New Born video made me want to combine the two so I quickly drew this up..

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c262/dreamerer/tattoodesignthing.jpg

:erm:

Hmm yeah needs more thought :LOL: But I do love the Mercury symbol but some people may mistake me for a satanist or something

Woooo another Leo! :happy: I was planning on getting the Leo sign tattooed too!! Well, it was meant to be my last tattoo but then I had to get the CE one..

So next one will be Leo :p

Anyway... it looks very pretty imo but I'd use a different quote personally.. I don't want to write my personal views on the quote you chose but well, I wouldn't want it tattooed on me I know ;)

Woooo another Leo! :happy: I was planning on getting the Leo sign tattooed too!! Well, it was meant to be my last tattoo but then I had to get the CE one..

So next one will be Leo :p

Anyway... it looks very pretty imo but I'd use a different quote personally.. I don't want to write my personal views on the quote you chose but well, I wouldn't want it tattooed on me I know ;)

We have the same birthday remember :p

Yeah I know what you mean Destroy the Spineless could seem very dodgy to some people, but its one of my favourite lines surprisingly :$ To be honest I would choose something from my favourite songs which would be either Showbiz or Spiral Static. I can't really afford a tattoo at the moment so don't worry it will be planned months in advance! :LOL:

We have the same birthday remember :p

Yeah I know what you mean Destroy the Spineless could seem very dodgy to some people, but its one of my favourite lines surprisingly :$ To be honest I would choose something from my favourite songs which would be either Showbiz or Spiral Static. I can't really afford a tattoo at the moment so don't worry it will be planned months in advance! :LOL:

My memory is worse than a gold fish's.. seriously :LOL: I'm sure I told you before but you got a great bday date :p

:LOL: well, my friend kinda destroyed 'Destroy the spineless' for me :LOL:

Spiral Static is one of my faves too.

I think it's important though to find a quote which really really means something to you. Citizen Erased used to be my favorite song but now I'm not too sure.. either way though the sentence I chose was for other reasons first of all, I was debating between several different sentences. But then this one holds a special place in my heart :(

I have four tattoos (so far), the last one I got was 'bliss' on my lower back. Not just for the song, which I love by the way, more to do with the fact that its one of my favourite words. The whole concept of 'complete contentment' or 'perfect happiness' really appeals to me and that song kinda says that to me. Weird, I know, but each to his own!

Eh 'tramp stamp'? Not impressed!

meh, get temporary tattoo :p

i have thought of getting a pwoper muse tattoo in the future,i like the supermassive black hole logo with the hearts, either on the back of my neck or right shoulder.

i'll make it small like 3x3cm (about inch square). and make it crosshathing so it doesn't stand out too much. it shouldn't offend anyone :happy:

Lirion- congrats, nice tattoo! :D Another convert, ha ha!

I waited 'til just before my 35th birthday to get the Muse tat on my arm so I'm pretty sure I won't change my mind on that, lol! :p I was 23 before I got any tattoos at all and as I've said before, I spend a lot of time planning them before I make the ultimate commitment :eek:

Cherished Dreams- you're right about being careful where you get your first (or one of the first), many people are still strangely bigoted. At my age I really don't care, lol. It does matter for job interviews and hence, certain jobs etc. Wrists are hard to keep covered over the longer term, I have a small one on the inside of my left wrist which is mostly covered by a watch & bracelet but as I'd expected, someone noticed it one day. By that stage I was 33 and too old too care and it didn't affect employment or suchlike. Same goes for ankles, neck and associated parts. My best recommendation for first tattoo locations is anywhere that can be covered by a swimsuit or bikini initially (but not breasts, that is often regretted very soon after: mine are still clear btw, lol), or wearing shorts/skirt & t-shirt and so on.

Good look all those who wish to join the tattooed tribe! If you're wondering why I seem to think I'm qualified to ramble about it, maybe I'm not...I only have 12 years experience of getting tattooed and roughly 70 hours of high quality tattoo art over me so I'll let you decide ;)

Tattoo love, D xx

Cherished Dreams- you're right about being careful where you get your first (or one of the first), many people are still strangely bigoted. At my age I really don't care, lol. It does matter for job interviews and hence, certain jobs etc. Wrists are hard to keep covered over the longer term, I have a small one on the inside of my left wrist which is mostly covered by a watch & bracelet but as I'd expected, someone noticed it one day. By that stage I was 33 and too old too care and it didn't affect employment or suchlike. Same goes for ankles, neck and associated parts. My best recommendation for first tattoo locations is anywhere that can be covered by a swimsuit or bikini initially (but not breasts, that is often regretted very soon after: mine are still clear btw, lol), or wearing shorts/skirt & t-shirt and so on.

No rude areas :LOL: Nah I know what you mean its a tough choice but I'd rather wait for one on my wrist because of a) exposure and b) I know its quite a sensitive spot so.. I'd rather get one somewhere else first

Good plan, you can generally judge sensitivity by scratching or pinching different areas to see which hurt more, then take in to account whether the area is close to a bone as this will cause vibration when getting tattooed- ribs REALLY hurt and I've had a 5 1/2 hour long session on my arm that was easier than 1 1/2 on my ribs! :eek:

Archived