How do I edit the subtitle that appears under the nickname ?

Seifer

Guest xoxoxo
LOL. I actually thought you were trolling, until I saw the FAQ thingie.

Haha, nah, I have never trolled. I actually have no idea how to:$

I only know because I had the same problem:happy:

• 1 month later...

There are no levels, the user titles are custom.

But, you can only change it on the 1st day of every month. So on the 1st July go to User CP > Edit details and you'll see the box come up to type in what you want it to say.

i remember a few forums that had a rep type thing too. Like if someone made a good post or w/e, you could give them good rep, and bad rep for the opposite. The only problem is, if you said anything remotely controversial or that would spark debate, instead of debating, you'd just get neg rep'd to fuck. So there was always a group who had like a bajillion +rep, and then if you didn't, you were either called a noob, or flamed to fuck.

good times.

i remember a few forums that had a rep type thing too. Like if someone made a good post or w/e, you could give them good rep, and bad rep for the opposite. The only problem is, if you said anything remotely controversial or that would spark debate, instead of debating, you'd just get neg rep'd to fuck. So there was always a group who had like a bajillion +rep, and then if you didn't, you were either called a noob, or flamed to fuck.

good times.

yeah we have the option of the rep system here, never seen any real plusses in having it, if anything i think people would enjoy having a very low reputation

On the 2001 board you could rate users and you'd have stars under your username. 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.

I had 5 stars :awesome:

But yeah, it was shite. Just encouraged divisions and encouraged people to be cocks.

On the 2001 board you could rate users and you'd have stars under your username. 5 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.

I had 5 stars :awesome:

But yeah, it was shite. Just encouraged divisions and encouraged people to be cocks.

Oh yeah now I remember. Your explanation was obviously a lot better than theirs. :D

I used to be the admin of a board that showed the post count under your username. Interestingly, as the admin I could edit anyone's count... I discovered it after a couple of days and made my post total go from 47 to 10047.... and people tried to figure out where I had made all those posts. I also had the option of deleting anyone's postcount whenever I pleased....

fun times.... :awesome:

Yeah, we don't need something like that....

... the people here do a good enough job of that as it is :rolleyes:

:p

i remember a forum where the rep was like cash..... was it the weebls stuff one??

i can't remember. I think the things you could buy was like, custom undertitles etc? but it was stupid, cos they brought in an annual subscription of like £5, which gave you access to everything the rep money did. Like Caff said though, it created a MASSIVE divide in the people who paid the subscription, and those who didn't. Inevitably leading to me leaving.

Like Muselive...

Reps work well on boards where people give advice and there's serious discussions like TSR or something, Muse board doesn't need it.

Although we do need a MorganN account to go unused on the forum leaders section...

Archived