Which Muse song has your favourite climax?

m0hawk

Best climax?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Best climax?

• Conscience
    • Sing for Absolution
    • Take a Bow
    • Hoodoo
    • Space Dementia
    • Plug in Baby
    • Showbiz
    • Microcuts
    • Megalomania
    • Muscle Museum
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Knights of Cydonia

hmm yeh your not really giving us many options are you?

I'd have to say I really love the climax to Cave, how it builds up throughout the song, then dies down for a short bit before the end where it suddenly unleashes itself and epitomizes epic climax ;)

also, Take A Bow has an awesome ending, or at least when they play it live - the final cadensa (think thats how u spell it) or chord modulation thingo up where matt holds a screaming falsetto, and then it just ends abrubtly with the root note (lol, root :p )

having said all that, I voted for con-science, which although is one of my least favourite Muse songs, (mainly cos its pretty creepy and not the most enjoyable thing to listen to), I believe has an awesome climax helped by the fact it is slowly building up throughout the entire song, like some evil brooding before going all out at the end... from those 4 haunting piano notes when it starts, to the full heavy Muse instrumentated climax, it is rather epic musically!

Showbiz? Seriously, I still don't get what climax there is. The song is the same thing over and over again. The climax is essentially screaming the same tune he's done 20 times over.

I chose Space Dementia. When Matt wails it's just orgasmic. :LOL:

And I'd say Citizen Erased but if outros don't count then fair enough.

As you can only have one choice I have to go with Con-Science... I get chills every time I get to a climax of distorted sounds...

Second on that list would be Hoodoo - a slow start before a 2nd half can only be described as an explosion with the piano, violins and Matt's voice bursting in before dying down again at the very end...

But I think you missed out Futurism - each verse is a build up to the climactic chorus and the outro lyrics... love it :happy:!!!!

Showbiz? Seriously, I still don't get what climax there is. The song is the same thing over and over again. The climax is essentially screaming the same tune he's done 20 times over.

The climax includes the sped-up drums and the heightening bass as well... the scream is quite symbolic actually, it represents his breaking free of the person that has been "controlling his feelings for too long". Matt's ability to tell the story with the music is often overlooked, even by fans.

The climax includes the sped-up drums and the heightening bass as well... the scream is quite symbolic actually, it represents his breaking free of the person that has been "controlling his feelings for too long". Matt's ability to tell the story with the music is often overlooked, even by fans.

:eek: You made me love Showbiz again.

+1 :yesey:

It's nice to see people like to go deeper than "sounds cool"!!

I love Con-Science for the same reason - the way Matt sings those lyrics and the distortions at the end tell a whole story in addition to the words...

+1 :yesey:

It's nice to see people like to go deeper than "sounds cool"!!

I love Con-Science for the same reason - the way Matt sings those lyrics and the distortions at the end tell a whole story in addition to the words...

I just love crescendos. :happy: So it begins all quiet and mournful sounding, and then all this distortion comes in, and at the end you're just like :eek:. And those shrieks

IN FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

IN SOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

:happy: I loove Con-Science right now.

Archived