Which Muse song has your favourite climax?

m0hawk

Best climax?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Best climax?

• Conscience
    • Sing for Absolution
    • Take a Bow
    • Hoodoo
    • Space Dementia
    • Plug in Baby
    • Showbiz
    • Microcuts
    • Megalomania
    • Muscle Museum
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Knights of Cydonia

sorry guys, i'm kinda new here.

Just out of interest, has Matt ever played the outro to Space Dementia on the guitar right after playing the rest of the song on the piano? I know about Koc + Space Dementia outro at Reading, but have they ever played the song in its original form?

sorry guys, i'm kinda new here.

Just out of interest, has Matt ever played the outro to Space Dementia on the guitar right after playing the rest of the song on the piano? I know about Koc + Space Dementia outro at Reading, but have they ever played the song in its original form?

When you say "original" form do you include him zipping his trousers up and down live as well for the outro?? :p

+1 :yesey:

It's nice to see people like to go deeper than "sounds cool"!!

I love Con-Science for the same reason - the way Matt sings those lyrics and the distortions at the end tell a whole story in addition to the words...

Absolutely agree! Music is more than "just" some cool riffs with words on the surface! Especially with MUSE, every song is a perfect symbiosis of music, lyrics, instruments, voice(s), sounds... And always FAR from being just superficial! That's what makes MUSE so special!

I think I'm thinking of one but don't know which one it is

But I really like the buildup in Shine Acoustic, with the rapid strumming and then the epic drum fill. With the "Once you promised a life" line. It works in Shine but to a lesser extent.

I'm really thinking as the "best" climax, as coming from soft to loud, in a quick period of time, and perhaps lasting a while. I really can't pick from your list though sorry :(, I'm sure when I'm not listening to any songs and I can more easily compare them without getting mixed up it'll be easier :p

The climax includes the sped-up drums and the heightening bass as well... the scream is quite symbolic actually, it represents his breaking free of the person that has been "controlling his feelings for too long". Matt's ability to tell the story with the music is often overlooked, even by fans.

It can't be that good a climax if it's meaning is overlooked. I can only use my ears.

:erm:

It can't be that good a climax if it's meaning is overlooked. I can only use my ears.

:erm:

If you don't like the music at that part itself, then of course you aren't going to be touched on any emotional level. You just keep asking why people like that climax so much.

Archived