Muse Rock Medley

LukePT

I can see it something like Dead Star - Micro Cuts outro - Yes Please - Agitated. Kinda like that La Cigale ending

Made a similar post in the tour discussion thread but I think that's v optimistic :chuckle:

I think it'll work in a similar fashion but it's way more likely to consist of stuff less rare than that. Say: Psycho (riff, verse, chorus, outro) > Handler (riff, verse, chorus, solo, outro) > Micro Cuts (outro) > Stockholm (riff, verse, chorus, solo, chorus, outro) > Reapers (outro) maybe.

Not sure how I feel about this, think i'd rather see 1 or 2 songs played in their entirety than a Stars on 45** treatment of some of their past songs.

But 15 minutes is a long time so you could put a lot of riffs, intros, outros and jams in there.

I would say they do older stuff that they have played a lot in the past but might not have time in a set as more and more new material enters.

Think it might include songs such as Bliss, Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Apocalypse Please. But even with 5 songs, that's still 3 minutes per each one...maybe something like Munich Jam will be thrown into the middle.

My hope is that it will be more of an improvised jam as opposed to well-rehearsed sound-the-same in every city set piece.

**Doubt anyone under 50 will understand Stars on 45 reference w/o Google...you don't know how lucky you are to have escaped this sad time in music history.

Not sure how I feel about this, think i'd rather see 1 or 2 songs played in their entirety than a Stars on 45** treatment of some of their past songs.

But 15 minutes is a long time so you could put a lot of riffs, intros, outros and jams in there.

I would say they do older stuff that they have played a lot in the past but might not have time in a set as more and more new material enters.

Think it might include songs such as Bliss, Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Apocalypse Please. But even with 5 songs, that's still 3 minutes per each one...maybe something like Munich Jam will be thrown into the middle.

My hope is that it will be more of an improvised jam as opposed to well-rehearsed sound-the-same in every city set piece.

**Doubt anyone under 50 will understand Stars on 45 reference w/o Google...you don't know how lucky you are to have escaped this sad time in music history.

It's likely going to be limited to songs in a drop D tuning as they can switch between those songs instantly, so Dead Star, Micro Cuts, New Born, Reapers etc.

I hope they throw Assassin in there, even if it's just a couple of bars. The Debase riff is something else.

The could either be awesome or terrible.

In my mind it starts with the new born piano intro then just goes crazy

It'll be both, awesome for 15 mins but it doesn't paint a rosy picture of their future as a rock band. Next Muse album will their take on Hot Space :eek::LOL: