Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Did you try tuning it to D first? It will always be an E string unless you tune it to D... although I'm not sure which direction that's in :stunned:

Usually in K&T, we would have definitive proof what tuning the string is for, based on how many times it's wrapped around the machine head... but MB is proper clever, as he INTENTIONALLY hid the headstock in that picture to prevent spoilers.

Damn.

Oh yes, floyd and sustainiac for sure :ninja:

I'm more into the DLX than the JH

:LOL: Drop-D string? Maybe that's why I'm not getting that Stockholm Syndrome sound since my E string is a literal E-string?

Who's heading to the guitar show by the way? I will burn my Manson guitars if there is no MB announcement :mad:

Best take some matches then..

Best take some matches then..

If anyone knows #details, it would be Jaicen...but I don't think anyone knows anything besides nothing at the minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

Oh look, a Maton.

Meanwhile, I think we need to do something about that snake that got into our brothel nest. I feel like rule #1 has been violated numerous times...

If anyone knows #details, it would be Jaicen...but I don't think anyone knows anything besides nothing at the minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE

Oh look, a Maton.

Meanwhile, I think we need to do something about that snake that got into our brothel nest. I feel like rule #1 has been violated numerous times...

We know nothing because we tweeted etc.

Also James I think your post violates rule #1?

It's just the last bit of the solo that's a bit tricky. I suggest you do it.

But what tuning would you use? C standard strings?

If you don't want to bother setting up your guitar for that, maybe just play it the same way, but in E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dy56iQd6Jg

What I WOULDN'T do is play it in C, but still tuned to standard (as some people seem to do.) You'd need the low C for it to sound right in that case.

It's tuned two steps down, but in the video above, it's in standard. It would make most sense to play it like that if you don't want to change tuning or put on C standard strings

Having said that, I think it sounds better in standard on acoustic for some reason.

Lolz, I wasn't planning a by request show! In fairness I didn't suggest QOTSA, though I dig the track. Logistically its a nightmare, I don't want to drag around a second guitar really, and I think a polyphonic pitch shift is not going to cut it. That Saud I do gig a Pod, so if I come across a cheap Variax it could work.

I don't think these working men would have heard of QOTSA. What's your usual setlist like?

We don't play many working men's clubs, not many left these days.

Set list includes Foo's, Green Day, and Jimmy Eat World, so it's not out of place.

We don't play many working men's clubs, not many left these days.

Set list includes Foo's, Green Day, and Jimmy Eat World, so it's not out of place.

The working men (or at least their wives) appeared to enjoy your set last time. Many working men will cross their arms and nod their heads while Jaicen is playing 1999-2003 era Muse songs.

One working man might even be fascinated enough to ask about Jaicen's setup. Because that's what we all really are interested in.

The working men (or at least their wives) appeared to enjoy your set last time. Many working men will cross their arms and nod their heads while Jaicen is playing 1999-2003 era Muse songs.

One working man might even be fascinated enough to ask about Jaicen's setup. Because that's what we all really are interested in.

There has been dancing on tables too. #pubgiglife

And said working nan would be disappointed to see Jaicen rocking a Manson E61 into a podlivext. I was gigging the DSL40c, but I switched to the pod when I moved over to in ears. I couldn't hear the amp with it usually being on the floor, and the pod saves time in setup.

There has been dancing on tables too. #pubgiglife

And said working nan would be disappointed to see Jaicen rocking a Manson E61 into a podlivext. I was gigging the DSL40c, but I switched to the pod when I moved over to in ears. I couldn't hear the amp with it usually being on the floor, and the pod saves time in setup.

Working nans dancing on tables. Standard pub gig for Jaicen.

Next year we should have another #details meet up and a proper "by request" session in the sound booths... you can teach me how to play some Hendrix songs on a guitar with real single coils.

...Assuming I actually play a guitar this time. :facepalm: