Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

so going back to this -> http://www.cortguitars.com/uFiles//product/96/schematics/MBC-1.pdf

a bit confused about what's happened as mine doesn't quite match the schematics. see the picture below.

James, it would be great if you could send some photos!

[ATTACH]20039[/ATTACH]

It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on in that picture. It looks like both pickups are still connected to the switch at least.

As for mine, it really doesn't look any different from this, so it's a bit hard to make out what's going on exactly. I can send some at different angles if you want though

1081113.jpg

It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on in that picture. It looks like both pickups are still connected to the switch at least.

As for mine, it really doesn't look any different from this, so it's a bit hard to make out what's going on exactly. I can send some at different angles if you want though

1081113.jpg

thanks! so based on that

what I'm sure of is:

1. the blue wire needs to be soldered to the toggle

2. white and bare (wrapped in green coating) to be connected to the middle pin and the base of tone knob in that order.

What I'm unsure of is where RED+BARE should go

in the schematics it shows the RED + BARE coming from the humbucker to the toggle where as it looks like yours goes to the tone knob (which makes more sense). are both RED and BARE both connected to the base of the knob?

thanks! so based on that

what I'm sure of is:

1. the blue wire needs to be soldered to the toggle

2. white and bare (wrapped in green coating) to be connected to the middle pin and the base of tone knob in that order.

What I'm unsure of is where RED+BARE should go

in the schematics it shows the RED + BARE coming from the humbucker to the toggle where as it looks like yours goes to the tone knob (which makes more sense). are both RED and BARE both connected to the base of the knob?

Yeah. Based on the diagram, the blue wire is the hot connection from the bridge pickup. So that would go to the remaining pin on the selector.

the red+bare are just the ground connection from the bridge pickup, so you can connect that to any grounded point in the guitar. The diagram has it connected to the body of the pickup selector, but you can connect it to the back of the volume or tone pot instead (since all of these are grounded, it doesn't matter which one you connect to)

Yeah. Based on the diagram, the blue wire is the hot connection from the bridge pickup. So that would go to the remaining pin on the selector.

the red+bare are just the ground connection from the bridge pickup, so you can connect that to any grounded point in the guitar. The diagram has it connected to the body of the pickup selector, but you can connect it to the back of the volume or tone pot instead (since all of these are grounded, it doesn't matter which one you connect to)

thanks! soldered and all good again!

Well that was completely wrong. I think it's carbon.

I was opposite side of the stage, but it looked either like the light red color Manson sells stock, or it may have been carbon. Couldn't get a good sense, but it definitely wasn't glitter, which is obvious from the videos.

red carbon to match Chris' bass!

Maybe something a bit like this, but more MB

They should do another one of those contests at some point. Dibs on using the rust relic in my picture this time.

edit:

Link is only showing the full album. I meant this guitar.

10349157_303724346501929_5641603639550095954_n.jpg?oh=42a7b784b92e1334654c3e7cbd8c3be8&oe=5A324240

@musecasters did point out that it's probably not red carbon though, as it does lack binding.

Edited by james90

I swear I saw somewhere a great pic of Matt with the new guitar during the concert, maybe MUSE instagram stories? Sadly they were gone the next day and I forgot to take a screenshot :(

It definitely didn't look carbon, more like the normal red on the MAs, very cool guitar nonetheless!

Yes :ninja:

That one has been around for a few years. I guess it's not terribly different from the MA-25T:

19956637_621062794768081_1133725151021889305_o.jpg?oh=3d94267f76a03b96e4c71eb63d20d07c&oe=59FF6CAC

I guess it's Gloss Red :) nothing really cool :D

It appears that way. Still trying to find some decent pictures of it though.

That mean you're selling that one? :ninja:

:LOL:

To buy an MA-25T? That'll probably end up happening. But not just yet.

You should buy these. They were once in my possession.

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/pre-owned-manson-ma-classic-custom-surf-green-10376

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/pre-owned-manson-custom-dc-10165

I recommend buying the second one in particular. :ninja:

To buy an MA-25T? That'll probably end up happening. But not just yet.

I'm hoping to buy a 25th. Depends how much I have left over after I pay for my wedding :rolleyes:

Is that just a holosparkle MA you had custom made in the past? I follow most of K&T, so more Manson shots, please :ninja::LOL: