Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Well someone really needs to buy my amp..

The two of you should work out a deal of some kind. Both of you would benefit... Bs would receive his new guitar (and an amp that actually works) and you would receive some of Bs' finest ‎฿ to spend on... supplies

I wish! It's probably grown back into a tree by now! :chuckle:

Well... unlike your last one, I guess there's enough wood left for that to actually happen.

Amazingly, there's actually even less than last time, I think! :LOL:

And hey, leave my amp alone, it works just fine and sounds lovely, haha! :p

How is that even possible? Remember your last one wasn't actually big enough for all of the electronics.

Maybe you can get your third one like the MA-X. Bigger body, so you can fit all features from your first two guitars into it. Including the world's most expensive bridge™

Actually, wait a minute. Didn't this steal that title?

https://floydrose.com/products/frtix

And I must apologize Bs. I know you and your amp have been through so much together. Maybe not as much as that ukulele you bought in Japan (R.I.P.) but still...

njprMZH.jpg

How is that even possible? Remember your last one wasn't actually big enough for all of the electronics.

Haha, that's pretty much what I said, but this one has forearm and body contours and then the XY screen takes up extra space because it needs its own cavity, so there's actually less space for all the wiring and everything than there was last time, haha! Had to move the sustainer switches up to by the volume controls because there just wasn't room by the XY anymore for some reason. Then there's all the batteries that need space and so on too.

Haha, that's pretty much what I said, but this one has forearm and body contours and then the XY screen takes up extra space because it needs its own cavity, so there's actually less space for all the wiring and everything than there was last time, haha! Had to move the sustainer switches up to by the volume controls because there just wasn't room by the XY anymore for some reason. Then there's all the batteries that need space and so on too.

Good effort Bs. Have you considered push/pulls for the sustainiac?

I'll just pretend that didn't happen. :phu:

Also, looks like there's a second chrome MIDI whammy guitar

I recall the first one had an ebony fretboard, or at least it looks like that in the pictures, and it doesn't have the open coil MIDI sensor.

...You know, because it's not actually a bridge humbucker, and he only uses the sustainiac neck pickup for the actual sound.

Rather than having twelve pole pieces, it has two sets of six sensors that LOOK like pole pieces, which will send to each of those two whammies (which were pictured just recently)

One whammy will be set an octave up, and the other an octave down. So when he plays a chord (such as a perfect E5) the bottom facing sensors will tell the whammy to immediately make the sound an octave lower, and the top facing sensors will do the same, except an octave up.

So basically, it gives him the ability to make his guitar sound like it's being played an octave up and an octave down at the same time, making it sound like both whammies are bypassed.

Sorry, I know you all wanted to keep guessing what it was, but there was just so much misinformation going around.

Good effort Bs. Have you considered push/pulls for the sustainiac?

Not really. I didn't even know the switch placements would be a problem until recently, and all the knobs have got some push/pull function already I think. It shouldn't be a problem though, just means they'll be in a different place to usual. I don't have the other switches from the last guitar though, so they'll just take the place of those, I guess. No idea when it'll be done though.

Not really. I didn't even know the switch placements would be a problem until recently, and all the knobs have got some push/pull function already I think. It shouldn't be a problem though, just means they'll be in a different place to usual. I don't have the other switches from the last guitar though, so they'll just take the place of those, I guess. No idea when it'll be done though.

Did they tell you the switch placements would be an issue? And what are the functions of the push/pulls? (it's fine if you want to keep it a secret as long as you PM me the answers...)

And everything is on hold until Jaicen sells his amp... if anyone would that know, it's me.

Well, they didn't realise until they started testing the placements of stuff in the cavities so they asked me about it a month or so ago to see what I wanted to do. That and figuring out what to do with all the batteries because there's so little space to fit them all in, haha! Erm, let me see, push/pulls. Magnetic volume knob controls piezo bypass, I think, then Acoustic volume knob is the piezo tone switch, though I have to admit I don't use that very often. On the magnetic tone knob I've gone for a bridge pickup coil tap, though I don't know what that will be like on the MBK-3. I found it a useful option from time to time on the MB-1.

Did you buy any of the Baccus' yet?

Also, we need to rename the thread to add several organs to the sale.

Does it play megalomania live at royal albert hall 2008?

And no(t yet)

That black MB with the floyd rose is serious GAS material. In fact they all are

It doesn't seem to have the "MIDI whammy" device... I guess it's only for MB himself.

Doesn't mean I haven't already requested one.