Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

Could just take a drill to my mbc.

I can't really remember if there was much difference in the sound when he played the holey one on the psycho tour since it was near the end of the gig and the barrowlands is the warmest place in the country :LOL:. Don't remember seeing either of his holey ones at the drones tour gigs I went to though, they must've replaced with the non-holey glitter ones by then.

It's funny because people have actually done that.

I can't remember if he used a holey guitar when they came back for the drones tour, but the only new ones he used for the psycho US tour were the matt blacks. All others were from T2L or before.

How bad? I won't get started on the lack of air conditioning at the one I went to, but that's probably how they get away charging $6 for a bottle of generic water.

I definitely heard a different tone, the Holey at the Manchester gig was much brighter and mid focused.

HOWEVER, that could be down to the amp etc, so not conclusive. I do think it's interesting that he only uses the holeys for that song so far, unless i'm mistaken?

They were used a few times for songs in e flat as well.

It's funny because people have actually done that.

I can't remember if he used a holey guitar when they came back for the drones tour, but the only new ones he used for the psycho US tour were the matt blacks. All others were from T2L or before.

How bad? I won't get started on the lack of air conditioning at the one I went to, but that's probably how they get away charging $6 for a bottle of generic water.

They must know nothing about tonewood.

It ended up so hot that I moved away from the front for the encore to get a bit cooler. Then they played Reapers and the temperature didn't matter.

They were used a few times for songs in e flat as well.

They must know nothing about tonewood.

It ended up so hot that I moved away from the front for the encore to get a bit cooler. Then they played Reapers and the temperature didn't matter.

I recall he used one for futurism, but I have no idea what tuning that is in.

Tone holes? And I was in the same place the entire time, so it must have been worse. I wasn't desperate enough to share this bottle of water that was going around in the front row. Apparently a number of people got ill afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was from the bottle of water or the guy that was vomiting during starlight

I recall he used one for futurism, but I have no idea what tuning that is in.

Tone holes? And I was in the same place the entire time, so it must have been worse. I wasn't desperate enough to share this bottle of water that was going around in the front row. Apparently a number of people got ill afterwards, but I'm not sure if that was from the bottle of water or the guy that was vomiting during starlight

I think Futurism is half a step down

I was wrong about TIRO, he used it for Revolt in Dallas, of course they didn't play that song much on the tour.

Also, used the holoflake non-hole guitar for dead inside for sure. I also spotted a 2nd law era matt black during madness.

On a related topic this blog is amazing, I realize they are poached photos and stuff but being able to see them high resolution and date sorted is great.

http://abelgaloismuse.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/photos-muse02-december-2015-american.html

Edited by eh_D

You sure? I thought there was only one (excluding all the smashers)

I'm like 98% sure but this was early in the Drones 360 tour. Pretty sure the older ones got cycled out later on. This one had much more wear and the carves look different to me on the newer bodies. Again, it may have just been my imagination.

p1854850724-4.jpg.

I'm like 98% sure but this was early in the Drones 360 tour. Pretty sure the older ones got cycled out later on. This one had much more wear and the carves look different to me on the newer bodies. Again, it may have just been my imagination.

No idea about the carves, but that one is from at least early 2015. I know his original one from the beginning of the T2L tour was a bit different, and the smashers were pretty much identical to each other. They had a slab body for one thing, and the pinwheel truss rod adjusters didn't show up (on his guitars) until 2015.

I'd be interested to know how you can determine that they're T2L tour era? Is that based on the presence of the Sustainer?

The sustainer doesn't really tell much. From what I can tell, the first few 2015 guitars had sustainers, and then he switched to the sustainiac when there were problems with fernandes

There's still at least one with a fernandes unit which was used recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQP7rPczyw

Unless that throw destroyed it. :facepalm:

I recall his stealth ones usually had sustainers, but I'm guessing those have all been destroyed.

No idea about the carves, but that one is from at least early 2015. I know his original one from the beginning of the T2L tour was a bit different, and the smashers were pretty much identical to each other. They had a slab body for one thing, and the pinwheel truss rod adjusters didn't show up (on his guitars) until 2015.

The sustainer doesn't really tell much. From what I can tell, the first few 2015 guitars had sustainers, and then he switched to the sustainiac when there were problems with fernandes

There's still at least one with a fernandes unit which was used recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQP7rPczyw

Unless that throw destroyed it. :facepalm:

I recall his stealth ones usually had sustainers, but I'm guessing those have all been destroyed.

Yeah, they had the Fernandes in until early this year I think. Certainly the first batch of guitars for the Drones tour had them, however you can tell the one in the pic above is a relatively recent guitar, as it has the new Gotoh bridge on whereas the T2L's all had the old style Tunomatics. The tuners look like this was one from early 2015, James said.

Yeah, they had the Fernandes in until early this year I think. Certainly the first batch of guitars for the Drones tour had them, however you can tell the one in the pic above is a relatively recent guitar, as it has the new Gotoh bridge on whereas the T2L's all had the old style Tunomatics. The tuners look like this was one from early 2015, James said.

The holoflake guitars got upgraded to 510 bridges after delivery so it's not a dead giveaway to me. This was just based on what I saw and my gut instinct after seeing all the ones had had used for the previous hour at that show. It was noticeably different. Again, just my opinion and it may be all in my head. The number of photos of guitars with black bridges and silver knobs and all the Tim Stark posts of repairs tends to make me think the tech was pretty busy keeping the stable in order.

The trussrod adjustment at the heel is a giveaway in the pic for sure, sorry if I was being disrespectful, it wasn't intentional. I'm just gear obsessed and miss the days of a single set of touring guitars to keep mental inventory of :matt:

The holoflake guitars got upgraded to 510 bridges after delivery so it's not a dead giveaway to me. This was just based on what I saw and my gut instinct after seeing all the ones had had used for the previous hour at that show. It was noticeably different. Again, just my opinion and it may be all in my head. The number of photos of guitars with black bridges and silver knobs and all the Tim Stark posts of repairs tends to make me think the tech was pretty busy keeping the stable in order.

I didn't even notice that.

1799993_396668303874199_3711072485279820606_o.jpg

Unless he's got another set of holoflakes with the 510 bridges :stunned:

The trussrod adjustment at the heel is a giveaway in the pic for sure, sorry if I was being disrespectful, it wasn't intentional. I'm just gear obsessed and miss the days of a single set of touring guitars to keep mental inventory of :matt:

Yes of course, and I gave up after the fourth or fifth trasher guitar on T2L tour. Then things got even more complicated on this tour with A/B/X/Y/Z/whatever rigs.

The only way to really identify a certain guitar now is if it's a previous one that there aren't several copies of, but I don't think those are coming back.

No disrespect at all, we're all here to talk about the gear!!

yeah that

I got my Manson MA-2B today and I love it. It was definitely worth the money

That looks great, glad you like it I tried one recently and I really didn't get on with it for some reason.

Also anyone have any details for the 2017 calendar yet??

There's a pre-owned custom superstrat with a nice fat c neck there too. Mystery BKP's, loads of output and sounds incredible. Massive want.

I still haven't seen this. Did you buy it out from under me, or was it sherpa_man?

Edit: As if I don't check the website(s) enough. It's been listed since.

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/pre-owned-manson-s-style-hsh-electric-guitar-8856

Edited by james90