Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

It's hard to find too. I didn't buy it, can't afford it but I guess the exchange rate is working in your favour here.

Hugh made this one too, so it has extra mojo. Are you getting it?

That's a myth. And probably not, though those mystery BKPs could potentially be different from anything else I have

What I would like is a strat version of this, except with a roasted maple neck and matching headstock (although maybe it's not worth covering up)

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/g13?lightbox=image1ugt

It is. I'm referring to the one in the thumbnail picture.

Ohhh. That looks really sharp. Normally I love the custom machine heads, but I don't think they're that necessary to make the DR-1 look cool. Black S5 machine heads already look great. :D

Which guitars, they vary.

You're unlikely to get a lot of answers here i'm afraid, you're probably better off hunting down some good pictures and scaling them with known quantities.

I'm pretty curious to see the MOC shape has changed over the years (it has, hasn't it?)

I'm pretty curious to see the MOC shape has changed over the years (it has, hasn't it?)

Yeah, going through the photos in the mansons gallery is probably the best way to see the differences.

The Delorean looks a lot thicker than the others in some videos, but the aluminium must've only added a few mm to the body.

Yeah, going through the photos in the mansons gallery is probably the best way to see the differences.

The Delorean looks a lot thicker than the others in some videos, but the aluminium must've only added a few mm to the body.

3mm, in theory. Its a different shape to all the subsequent guitars too. Even 007 is a different shape.

The upper left (where the kill switch is) has become a bit smaller, and also the change to fit the X-Y in.

@musecasters and Jaicen would know much more about this than I do.

3mm, in theory. Its a different shape to all the subsequent guitars too. Even 007 is a different shape.

Does it actually add 3mm, or is the core of the body made smaller before it goes on, so there's no difference in overall size?

That's why I said in theory. I actually made a mistake earlier, the sides of the delorean are 0.7mm, so no more than 2mm wider. The original is pretty sloppy in construction I doubt the final size was determined accounting for the thickness of the ali.

The bodies have become more symmetrical over time. There seems to have been a step change around 2007, after which they became more uniform.