Manson Guitars & Tanks III: built to last; military grade

james90

How was it?

And I don't mind as long as it's not cancelled completely. They're saying thunderstorms in the evening though.

Show was actually really good.Dig Down works decently live although it is a little slow, made a cool opener though. The energy for the first half of the set was amazing, then a couple of slow songs killed that a bit.

I felt like Muse was just on point. Everyone looked to really be enjoying the tour. Matts vocals were in really great shape too.

Setlist was somewhat generic as per usual this tour, but I still really enjoyed the show overall.

Show was actually really good.Dig Down works decently live although it is a little slow, made a cool opener though. The energy for the first half of the set was amazing, then a couple of slow songs killed that a bit.

I felt like Muse was just on point. Everyone looked to really be enjoying the tour. Matts vocals were in really great shape too.

Setlist was somewhat generic as per usual this tour, but I still really enjoyed the show overall.

Nice. How close to the front were you?

I'm not expecting anything special for saturday (who did you tweet for citizen erased last time?) but hoping there will be some variation on Monday at least.

hey guys, n00b question. my mbc1's tone knob's wiring is all fucked so I have to resolder everything. Is there a wiring schematics I can follow? it's the standard one without any additional mods.

Thanks!

Are you rewiring the tone pot only? Or the whole thing?

I can't find a diagram that uses similar parts to the stock MBC-1 (it has one of the import toggles, which is different from the usual switchcraft type) but I can crack mine open tomorrow and take a few pictures if you want. Might be able to draw something up too.

But if you just need to rewire the tone pot with a new capacitor or something similar, I can explain how to do that.

Cort has a schematic for you

http://www.cortguitars.com/uFiles//product/96/schematics/MBC-1.pdf

Awesome. exactly what I needed. thank you!!

Are you rewiring the tone pot only? Or the whole thing?

I can't find a diagram that uses similar parts to the stock MBC-1 (it has one of the import toggles, which is different from the usual switchcraft type) but I can crack mine open tomorrow and take a few pictures if you want. Might be able to draw something up too.

But if you just need to rewire the tone pot with a new capacitor or something similar, I can explain how to do that.

Hopefully, it's just the tone pot but I might do the volume one as well as it seems it's on its way out (which is really odd, I've not even used the guitar that often!) pictures would definitely help if it's not a big trouble. Much appreciated!

Nice. How close to the front were you?

I'm not expecting anything special for saturday (who did you tweet for citizen erased last time?) but hoping there will be some variation on Monday at least.

We were a couple people back. We didn't even really worry about it until after 30STM was done.

For CE I tweeted pretty much everyone Muse related and I think I just got kind of lucky cause they were actually dropping some rarities during the tour unlike this one.

We were a couple people back. We didn't even really worry about it until after 30STM was done.

For CE I tweeted pretty much everyone Muse related and I think I just got kind of lucky cause they were actually dropping some rarities during the tour unlike this one.

How was PVRIS?

And yeah that's true. If you look closely though, he still has the 7 string with him...

(at the very front)

How was PVRIS?

And yeah that's true. If you look closely though, he still has the 7 string with him...

(at the very front)

Yea, I don't think it means anything really though, just his touring rig. I don't think he'd say you know, I don't think I'll play CE this tour so just leave that guitar here. He probably just grabs the gear and hits the road.

I got real excited when I saw the guitar tech holding the strat side stage getting ready for the next song because he had used it for some cool shit at Webster Hall. I then remember The Globalist and was disappointed.

And the replica MB-1 in the first picture

Yeah. Wonder where that came from..

It seems as if one of the biggest online dealers here (the one I usually buy from) has some of the new Peavey guitars available for preorder. Holding out for the black one with tremolo though...

I'm not terribly interested in the radiohead signature strat. Sorry.

Yea, I don't think it means anything really though, just his touring rig. I don't think he'd say you know, I don't think I'll play CE this tour so just leave that guitar here. He probably just grabs the gear and hits the road.

I got real excited when I saw the guitar tech holding the strat side stage getting ready for the next song because he had used it for some cool shit at Webster Hall. I then remember The Globalist and was disappointed.

Probably true, especially since he doesn't seem to have a backup for it (although it could be in another rack)

Also, speaking of that, did you notice the 5 string bass in the background at webster hall? Assassin might have been possible, considering it was (supposedly) done by request at the LA gig

Probably true, especially since he doesn't seem to have a backup for it (although it could be in another rack)

Also, speaking of that, did you notice the 5 string bass in the background at webster hall? Assassin might have been possible, considering it was (supposedly) done by request at the LA gig

Hard to say, but I would suspect it was there. I highly doubt they are taking much gear in and out on a regular basis.

Hard to say, but I would suspect it was there. I highly doubt they are taking much gear in and out on a regular basis.

Oh, it was. I was actually thinking we were going to get assassin, but no one asked!

Nothing unusual on Saturday. It was good though. I met a number of people that were at the webster hall show too. That's probably the closest I've ever got to one of those confetti filled balloons... still not close enough to actually pop one though.

The End.

I'm not entirely sure what to expect later today...

I'm expecting little to nothing unique for the show I'm going to next Tuesday. Status quo for this tour and the other more recent ones.

I do want one of the white Miami Vice lookin' t-shirts they have for the tour though :LOL:

Looks like a Tom Morello Kill Switch style intro using the neck pickup, and then he switches to bridge to play the song.

Maybe, but at 1:02 it seems like he flicks both the pickup switch and that switch that's in place of the tone control.

I'm guessing the kill button on the top horn and that additional switch are somehow connected, and there must be a reason why the one on the top horn is different from the usual ones like on the Cort. Unless it's because they ran out of those, or because he wanted one with a different look.

I feel like the guys at the works get really amused watching all of the debate on social media.

I agree that the top horn switch and the on/off in place of the tone control have to be connected somehow. I never thought that switch was midi related because these guitars don't have the second wireless pack that the screen equipped guitars have.