Best crowd!??

rolbi04

Well, what the OP asked are two different things for me; the "best" crowd isn't one where it's violent and I spend more time making sure I don't get a busted nose than watching the band.

Japan sounds like my kinda gig.

This. Also, when being "crazy" involves lots of high pitched screaming during the whole show or unfair and ruthless behaviour like jumping the queue or violently pushing your way into the front row...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the UK before. I always found people there to be quite relaxed and fair, and also wild but not ruthless during shows.

On the other hand, in my experience crowds can differ from show to show even within one country. For example there are huge differences between crowds in Hamburg and in Cologne (for any band)! One of the best (maybe THE best) Muse crowds I've ever seen was Berlin 2013, but I've seen embarassingly boring crowds for Muse in Germany too...

I've seen muse in Berlin 2013, and to tell you the truth It wasnt as good as I expected, german people seems to be a bit too calm and self-controlled, this crowd didnt seem to want lose control and go wild.Nevertheless the setlist was good :p

Has anyone been to Finland/Denmark or Czech rep ? Any opinions about crowd here :D?

Well we know which one it isn't anyway!

The best is probably Italy, Japan, or a South American one

I thought that too about South American ones, but their random ass annoying "hey hey hey hey" chants during songs is so stupid that I couldn't bear to be in such a crowd.

London and Italian crowds looks great.

I've seen muse in Berlin 2013, and to tell you the truth It wasnt as good as I expected, german people seems to be a bit too calm and self-controlled, this crowd didnt seem to want lose control and go wild.Nevertheless the setlist was good :p

Has anyone been to Finland/Denmark or Czech rep ? Any opinions about crowd here :D?

:confused::confused::confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQdZewp1OM

Regarding you question about Czech, the crowd in Prague 2012 wasn't as good as the one in Berlin (but not bad, either), as far as I remember. ;) People used their energy more for annoying screaming than for moving...

• 2 weeks later...

Talking in general (not Muse) and by my personal experience: Germany's usually got pretty energetic crowds. Most of my gigs are here in Berlin and if the music's energetic the crowd usually goes pretty crazy. The London Muse crowd was also really awesome and they certainly know the "House Of The Rising Sun" lyrics a lot better than German crowds :LOL:.

Were we at the same gig? Gonna have to definitely go with Moni here. That was an epic crowd! And I believe part of that is due to the venue: the standing/pit area is relatively small and Muse popping their B-Stage in the middle of it made it even smaller, which resulted in everyone who was up for jumping around being concentrated there. So once the first fairly jumpable song came on (SMBH) nearly the whole pit was jumping :D. Seats looked rather lively as well and a couple of songs had mosh pits. So yea, pretty awesome.

Edited by fam201

Muse aren't as popular in my country as in the rest of Europe so if there's anyone who knows lyrics to all the songs and sings along and moves a bit it's mainly people from abroad who stand in front rows. In 2012 i was in 2nd row, surrounded by people from Germany, Israel, Poland etc... The rest is there for Madness, PiB and Starlight :D We'll see in June if anything's changed.

As for Germany, I've been to 4 Muse gigs there, always barrier, and the crowd was pretty chilled tbh. I think the best ones are in the UK - Manchester 2013 was ace. Danish crowd was pretty wild as well - Matt's comment "this is the first time I've seen a moshpit during Madness" speaks for itself :D

"Best crowd" is a loose term. But overall the most well-rounded crowd is probably the Japanese. One of the only crowds I've seen that are dead silent through songs like Exogenesis & Hoodoo.

But as far as most energetic crowd, probably one of those South American crowds.

I've been to nine Muse gigs in the UK and they've all had brilliant crowds, apart from maybe V Festival 2008.

For those saying Germany crowds aren't that lively, having watched a lot of Rock Am Ring videos, I'm a little confused by those comments. Some of the videos of Muse there have had great crowds especially.

• 1 month later...

I agree with one of the above comments after my experience in Belgium. I was there on the 12th March and my friend and I really got into the music and were jumping around like loons during the more energetic numbers (we were at the back of standing/GA, as I'm a 5ft 3in shorty and didn't fancy the intensity of the barrier), then I watched a video of the concert on YouTube a few days later and everyone was standing still, even during songs like Hysteria and Psycho. Ok, so it could be argued that parts of the setlist left a lot to be desired, but I was thinking how I hope we didn't stand out *too* much :LOL:! I did hear that one side of the stage got into it much more than the other, so maybe it was filmed from the more sedate side.

Hoping the London crowd next month is good.

Edited by loveisour_resistance