2016.04.15 - O2 Arena, London, England

alibros

I can completely understand your decision, as it is so much more expensive over here. I hope you enjoy the show in June. I visited a friend in Brussels, as the initial UK dates were all sold out and I was desperate for a GA ticket. Only paid 64 euros, which I didn't think was too bad. The extra standing tickets released in London were 80 pounds and my friend and I didn't feel we could justify that.

Unfortunately, my wallet has still taken a hit, with the seated ticket I bought (the cheapest available, right at the top of the arena). It will be a different experience, but I've heard many people say that if you are able to go more than once, it's best to experience both standing and seated, to take in the full atmosphere of the show. The seated ticket cost roughly the same as the standing one in Brussels.

I'm really looking forward to it. I know the 15th was one of the extra dates added, but I'm feeling optimistic, as it's the last night in London.

Edited by loveisour_resistance

Just a brief question. Does anyone know of any restaurant within the O2 that takes bookings?

We're going to be travelling a fair distance (we're going by train to Stratford and catching the Jubilee line) and would ideally like to sit down and eat something before the gig, as we probably won't be getting back until the small hours of the morning. We won't be able to make it before mid-afternoon, so I'm worried everywhere will be heaving by then. I've already tried the Pizza Express website, but there's no online booking option. I think this is the case with a lot of the restaurants, unfortunately.

Any advice would be much appreciated! It's a shame about the likely markups, but as far as I'm aware, there isn't anywhere much nearby outside the arena.

Just a brief question. Does anyone know of any restaurant within the O2 that takes bookings?

We're going to be travelling a fair distance (we're going by train to Stratford and catching the Jubilee line) and would ideally like to sit down and eat something before the gig, as we probably won't be getting back until the small hours of the morning. We won't be able to make it before mid-afternoon, so I'm worried everywhere will be heaving by then. I've already tried the Pizza Express website, but there's no online booking option. I think this is the case with a lot of the restaurants, unfortunately.

Any advice would be much appreciated! It's a shame about the likely markups, but as far as I'm aware, there isn't anywhere much nearby outside the arena.

Easiest might be to try in the Stratford/Olympic Park complex, there's lots of restaurants there that wont be busy, then head to the arena.

Las Iguanas has an online booking and there's one outside the O2 from what I remember

Mid-afternoon on a Friday likely won't be that busy, even on a gig day. The restaurants usually start to get busy about 6pm onwards. There's lots of choice as well, so if you stay away from the more popular options like Nandos you probably won't have to wait that long for a table.

Just a brief question. Does anyone know of any restaurant within the O2 that takes booking?

You could always try the Pilot Inn? Less than 10 min walk from front of O2 - decent food and beer!

When you say mid-afternoon, what sort of time (roughly) do you think that would be? My friend and I ate at Nandos before the gig on the 12th - we walked straight in the door, no queue, a little before 5pm. Queues start building up between 5.30/6 cause of people arriving after work, etc. Any time before that should be fine though!

We've found a train that arrives around 3:00, so our plan is to check out the merchandise first and then we've managed to nab a table at Zizzi's for 4:00.

Thanks for your responses, guys. Seems we can relax a bit, as my partner has the afternoon off work, so we will hopefully avoid the dreaded '5:00 rush'. Will look up the bus times in case the tube is busy.

Really excited about Friday! Been watching Hullabaloo, Absolution Tour, HAARP and Live at Rome Olympic Stadium in anticipation. I must say, I liked the 'Don't Erase Citizen' banner!

Quite exciting going into this having already gotten pretty much everything I could've hoped for and not knowing what to expect :happy:

Defector, Showbiz or RBS would tip me over the edge of sanity but that's probably too far, even after last night :LOL: Butterflies and Map would suit me real good, something more average wouldn't disappoint me though.

I'd be happy with Revolt, am I right in saying it's the only regular rotation that hasn't been played in London yet?

Would really love Defector though.

Yeah, but Revolt's actually been pretty rare since they've come back to Europe tbf. Only played once since the break (between Belgium and Germany) tmk, and about 5 or 6 times total on the European leg. It's probs due to pop up tonight though.

Well I'm getting well high .. Can't wait to see the guys tonight .. What a stressful 2 weeks .. Lost all are mates tickets during moving flats .. See tickets have been no help .. So I've paid over 300 quid to sort us all out .. I'm positive that it will be well worth it .. Huge fan so I was not missing this night .. I'm sure you guys are getting ready for the show but if u see this message .. If we can get back stage then that would be amazing so mark, Chris and Dominic if you see this message and you want some company's after the gig me and my mates will be well up for that x kelly cuthill

Yeah, but Revolt's actually been pretty rare since they've come back to Europe tbf. Only played once since the break (between Belgium and Germany) tmk, and about 5 or 6 times total on the European leg. It's probs due to pop up tonight though.

Fair enough, well I won't be disappointed if it doesn't get played, can't be too greedy! After last night I very much see tonight as a "bonus" night, so I don't really mind what gets played (famous last words maybe). Revolt would be my realistic pick though.

so mark, Chris and Dominic if you see this message and you want some company's after the gig me and my mates will be well up for that x kelly cuthill

I hope Mark plays his guitar very well tonight.

(They don't read the boards and please search before posting new threads)

Another great show. As it was the last London show, and thus the last time I'll see Muse until God knows when, I made sure to make the most of it, even for Supermassive and Starlight. Really enjoyed it.

Thought we were about to get Defector at the end of JFK, could swear they started the intro but then abruptly went into Stockholm. :LOL: Oh well.

The Globalist sounded the best of the five nights tonight I thought, particularly beefy.

Cue post-tour depression.

Another great show. As it was the last London show, and thus the last time I'll see Muse until God knows when, I made sure to make the most of it, even for Supermassive and Starlight. Really enjoyed it.

Thought we were about to get Defector at the end of JFK, could swear they started the intro but then abruptly went into Stockholm. :LOL: Oh well.

The Globalist sounded the best of the five nights tonight I thought, particularly beefy.

Cue post-tour depression.

Give it a few days. I'm always on a high for several days after I've seen them. I saw them on Monday. I think it's great you were able to see all the O2 shows.

Enjoyed this so much. First time I have been to a gig on my own. The sound quality was far superior to Manchester Arena - I could hear every note. So glad I got to hear PiB and SS as well as TaB again. CE would have been epic but not worried as the guys can't possibly put everybody's favourites in one gig - unless they wanted to do a festival with just them in it! Actually that's a good idea lol.

I was in upper seated and checked with the guys behind me if they'd mind if I stood up. They said that was fine - a lovely group of people from Paris. So stand I did, and was so glad the guys behind and the two guys next to me stood and sang as well. It made such a huge difference to my enjoyment of the show, although we did hear a few squeaky 'can you seat down please' s I tried to block them out. I will never worry about going to a Muse gig on my own again.

Plus the O2 have taken a pic of the whole audience to show on their FB site at 8 pm tonight - can't wait.

Give it a few days. I'm always on a high for several days after I've seen them. I saw them on Monday. I think it's great you were able to see all the O2 shows.

Yeah, I'm glad I did. It was never actually the plan, initially I was only going to the first date on the 3rd and I wasn't going to look at any other setlists and just be happy with what I got, but of course I did look and saw the likes of Apocalypse Please and Citizen Erased on other nights and I knew I had to go for the others, and that paid off particularly on Thursday night with AP and Assassin. If there's one thing I've learned about seeing Muse live, it's that you have to take every opportunity you can, you never know what's gonna happen.

Sorry for the long reply, but as you said, on a high. :D

Plus the O2 have taken a pic of the whole audience to show on their FB site at 8 pm tonight - can't wait.

I came in while they were doing this and it took me a while to realise what they were doing, so I probably look confused in the picture. :LOL: Interested to see it tonight.

Loved the Mexican wave shortly after, it's been ages since I've seen one at a gig.