Reapers BPM

johnathon

I get 97 when tapping manually. Also, you didnt need a whole thread for this :rolleyes: Or who knows, maybe we´ll discuss this eternally.

#Reapers BPM Part II: Beat it

Edit: It changes to 60/120 for the outro.

Edited by Mittle

I get 97 when tapping manually. Also, you didnt need a whole thread for this :rolleyes: Or who knows, maybe we´ll discuss this eternally.

#Reapers BPM Part II: Beat it

Edit: It changes to 60/120 for the outro.

Sorry, I didn't know where to ask :eek:

Thanks for checking. But when I line up a 97BPM click track to the first Hi-hat hit that opens the song, it starts to drift ahead of the beat when it gets to the AC/DC style bridge section. Although it doesn't actually seem like the song changes tempo at that point, so I dunno why it doesn't line up

That was just me manually tapping. It is probably 96. Perhaps its 96,7 or something just to fool with us :LOL: I can try 96 in logic.:happy:

Funnily enough, Logic's tempo detection gave me 96.7. But that also doesn't line up, it starts falling in front of the beat about halfway through the first tapping part.

The closest I've gotten in 96.9, but that loses sync about 1/4 of the way through the first chorus

Lol this just made me mad. 97 works for a while and then it doesen´t. I give up #exam:$

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating :stunned:

Has anyone else got any ideas? I'm thinking of maybe splitting it up into different sections (tapping, verse, bridge etc.) with tiny BPM differences to account for drifting, but that really isn't ideal and would be a pain to manage in Logic. If anyone has any insight that'd be real useful!

I think you will need to set it up for different sections, or just play in time according to what you hear ;)

Well I don't really need a click track. But I still need to get the timing correctly setup in logic for Whammy automation.

Assuming the tempo is consistent up to the outro (which I'm pretty sure it is), the only other explanation is that maybe they picked a really weird tempo between 96 and 97 that has 4+ significant figures. But that makes no sense, why would they do something like that?

Edited by johnathon

Maybe they (shhh) didn't play to a click when they recorded it (shhh)....

Possibly, but I also can't sync up to the tempo of live recordings. And if they aren't playing live with a predetermined tempo then how is Matt syncing up his Whammy automation?

Possibly, but I also can't sync up to the tempo of live recordings. And if they aren't playing live with a predetermined tempo then how is Matt syncing up his Whammy automation?

Granted I haven't paid attention to the live videos but maybe he's using....his foot?

Bands such as Rush change tempos all the time in their tracks, I swear Muse are turning into the British version of them. They've done a couple of multi part songs, feature loads of falsetto and now have an album that is terribly mixed/mastered.

whammy control could be done offstage by a tech

May explain why its out of time occasionally live (weenie roast for example)

Matt was DEFINITELY using a whammy pedal during the Big Weekend.

Bands such as Rush change tempos all the time in their tracks, I swear Muse are turning into the British version of them. They've done a couple of multi part songs, feature loads of falsetto and now have an album that is terribly mixed/mastered.

Matt was DEFINITELY using a whammy pedal during the Big Weekend.

He was during the second part of the solo.

Not during the second tapping section, or the first part of the solo. The whammy flourishes were happening and he wasnt near his board.

There is a small tempo change between sections.

Starts in 97. Slows to 96 when the "killed by" riff kicks in. Back to 97 for the next tapping section. Then it's all 96 from the second riff onwards.

The outro I haven't figured out perfectly yet. Roughly 60.