I think this is the biggest problem of this album and this band lately. I couldn't help thinking this listening to the whole second part of the album. Up to JFK it is great. Then it just goes everywhere and gets nowhere. Whatever. I am just disappointed because the first part of the album showed that they are still capable of making great MUSE music. And then it's like the second part of the album they took the Queen-shaped mushrooms or LSD and went ape-shit again. Enough already. Can't they just focus?

I guess they were trying to make a cohesive album without it being to repetitive... but i don't find it cohesive at all after JFK...

I guess they were trying to make a cohesive album without it being to repetitive... but i don't find it cohesive at all after JFK...

The Defector - Revolt connection is...non-existent? That's the great disjunction point of the album, like it suddenly stops being heavy and becomes poppy

The Defector - Revolt connection is...non-existent? That's the great disjunction point of the album, like it suddenly stops being heavy and becomes poppy

Yeah, I don't mind The Defector, it's just not my style, but my god Revolt? it's so cringeworthy

I have to agree with this, it's a very sudden change in tone.

Edit: Also, I think Revolt is too much upbeat taking into account its lyrics. In my mind, it sounds more like Uprising, this is too poppy (but I still like it :LOL:)

Edited by topo_musero

Agreed. That's the biggest problem with it for me at the moment.

Revolt is absolutely disgusting. I seriously cannot stand it. I usually love everything muse does, but Revolt makes me want to stick ice picks in my ears.

Well I guess at least it's making you feel SOMETHING! Bitter than totally meh....

Not saying it will, but I'm sure there'll be a few that reigned absolute shit on a couple of tracks because it seemed so different for Muse, who then come back to it with fresh opinions....Already happened a lot tonight :D

i hated explorers because it was a "lullaby" thats theme was running out of room on earth. just bad.

the globalist doesn't suffer from the same failure, i see it as a great song. I don't find revolt revolting either, the verse lyrics are ace. it does suffer a bit from the stage musical feel, I do recommend turning the bass & loudness up, it does sound better that way. aftermath , defector, and drones are great. im impressed, but not surprised at the whole album, its what i expected. i still don't like mercy!

I feel the album is split into 3 thirds...

1st third: Good, enjoyable songs, not overly special but I definitely won't be skipping these

2nd third: OMG AMAZING TRIO OF SONGS, BEST PART OF THE ALBUM

3rd third: Kind of disappointing, didn't live up to expectations although aftermath is nice