[JFK] + Defector

The Globalist

Aftermath

Dead Inside

Drill Sergeant + Psycho

Mercy

Revolt

Drones

Drones just feels so so pointless tacked on the end. Should have just extended the piano outro 30 seconds on The Globalist and not bothered with Drones.

Alright, after 9 years real Muse are finally back. Thank god!

But what on earth happened to Revolt and Drones... these two are so out of place. First one sounds like a random one hit wonder pop band and the second one sounds like the stuff we are playing on Christmas Eve :LOL:

Anyway, that's still 8 decent tracks and I'm happy.

Am I the only one who laughed out loud a few times during the title track? Some of the "drones" are drawn out and fit in and some are just abrupt quick "drones" that stick out like a sore thumb and sound hilarious.

Kind of how the Gregorian chant thing works. It swells and resolves in waves and abrupt chords at moments.

After a couple more listens, not suprisingly. My opinion has almost completly changed

on the new tracks.

Dead Inside 10-Great opener to the album, perfect dark love song, always loved it

Psycho 8-Great track, just goes on for too long and sometimes drags

Mercy 7-Good idea for a song, but final product sounds unfinshed and poor quality.

Reapers 8-Great song, but some of the levels and tones of the guitars seem off.

The Handler 9-Amazing dark track, but the solo sometimes feels like a drag

JFK-Defector 7-Probably the best transition on the album. But drags, and vocals aren't great

Revolt 9-I absolutly love this, not even sorry. Great powerfull pop track. Love it

Aftermath 8-Absolutely love the beginning, but some parts sound like a wedding song

The Globalist 9-Love everything except the whistling, the ending section is a bit too long

Drones 5-I like the idea of it, but it could've done with being alot shorter, drags on a bit.

Mercy video, tour news, THE NEXT ALBUM!!!

I don't know if I want to listen to the album before or after I inevitably find out I can't see Muse this tour... :noey:

I also had an extra shit day at the shit job, and am still trying to get the smell of fish shit and putrefying algae out of my carpets from yesterday. I'd hate for this to be what the album always reminds me of. :twitchy:

Kind of how the Gregorian chant thing works. It swells and resolves in waves and abrupt chords at moments.

Yeah I know that but when its the word Drones that we've already heard 50 times over the course of the album it makes it hilarious. Almost ruins the serious message the song has.

So, after the ed. MY melodrama, the dust has settled. I had a break, listened to some other stuff, but over the last hour I listened to the album all the way through while playing War Thunder and actually really enjoyed it, even Revolt and Drones. The last section of Globalist still sounds too much like USoE for my liking but its ok. The first two sections are really good anyway. Listening to it just as another song, rather than a Muse song, Revolt's verses are pure hair metal 80's Bon Jovi style nonsense feat. Brian May but the chorus is pure 60's. Turns out the key to me enjoying this album is not pay tooo much attention! To be honest, The Globalist and Drones actually made me feel a little bit of the feels. I don't entirely know how, but they did.