This. If they release revolt as the next single I will never mention muse again in front of anyone :LOL:, it'd be way too embarasing

I don't if I'd want to play this for people I was trying to get into Muse, but if anything, it really shows that Muse can't be stuck into one "genre" I mean for fucks sake, this album has Dead Inside, Mercy, Reapers, The Handler, Aftermath, and Drones.....talk about all over the place....and yet it is still cohesive, hahaha.

I put The Globalist on repeat and after a while i discovered an hour had passed. Getting better and better after every listen.

My only complain is i would like a longer guitar part

Edited by Finn.

this is honestly what I feared when I heard they were doing a concept album again.

I know I read him saying that the concept happened during the writing process, and even said he reordered songs and rewrote some lyrics.

I assumed that's why the styles and song ordering are still a little "wtf?"

And didn't someone in the band flat out say Revolt was going to be the single but they decided to release in order because of the story?!? I really feel like it was Revolt...

As for B-sides/extra songs. I do sort of wonder, because if Matt was serious about CEII there maybe not being on the album... would they have just gone with a really short album?

As for B-sides/extra songs. I do sort of wonder, because if Matt was serious about CEII there maybe not being on the album... would they have just gone with a really short album?

I doubt they'll put B-sides anymore, why? B-sides are aimed to sell more singles, and today sells of singles are meaningless, or are downloaded.

They waste a song they could use or reuse for another album.

Not that i personally don't like them.

Really didn't need the whistling at the start of The Globalist. The bit where the singing comes in is great, though, and it transitioned nicely. The heavy section is insane, so why in the fuck did they cut it so short? Love the choir, too. The piano ballad ending for Citizen Erased worked because by the time they get to it the bulk of the song feels like it's reached its natural conclusion. This is so forced.

Really didn't need the whistling at the start of The Globalist. The bit where the singing comes in is great, though, and it transitioned nicely. The heavy section is insane, so why in the fuck did they cut it so short? Love the choir, too. The piano ballad ending for Citizen Erased worked because by the time they get to it the bulk of the song feels like it's reached its natural conclusion. This is so forced.

You got to have the calm let down after the chaos that ensued in the middle bit. The timings should have been flipped. 4 minutes for the heavy bit and 2 minutes for the piano ballad ending.

I doubt they'll put B-sides anymore, why? B-sides are aimed to sell more singles, and today sells of singles are meaningless, or are downloaded.

They waste a song they could use or reuse for another album.

Not that i personally don't like them.

They could always pull that bullshit where you have to buy another copy of the single song to get the "album only" b-sides. Or put out a double price "Deluxe Edition" with extra songs months after the original release. Gods I hate that shit.

I respect them for not doing something like that, so far.

Have they ever used older songs on their new albums? Other than the obvious, writing a song around an old riff. I really never thought about that.

The heavy section is insane, so why in the fuck did they cut it so short? .

This, i hope they'll release an extended version like they did with Assassin.

The Globalist Omega Bosses. Cannot be more epic :LOL:

I know I read him saying that the concept happened during the writing process, and even said he reordered songs and rewrote some lyrics.

I assumed that's why the styles and song ordering are still a little "wtf?"

And didn't someone in the band flat out say Revolt was going to be the single but they decided to release in order because of the story?!? I really feel like it was Revolt...

But I feel like by forcing the concept into what they'd already written it A) doesn't quite mesh all the time, and B) makes them less likely to ditch a song if it's naff.

I thought that was Mercy.