TAMA starclassic maples dont come in packs only the birtch does, a shop may make a pack but TAMA does not supply them as such for a kit like dom, (you cant get the same colour as him, TAMA no do the old blue sparkle kit but not the chrome or black HW,) would set you back about £1800 with no stands or cymbals,

Ludwig Black Beautys 14 x 61/2 go for around £450 but they come on ebay alot. Look at the Ludwig 400's they sound much better IMO and go for about £320

Of your on a budget look ar the Ludwig 300 @ about £99 its about the same as the 400 but made in china with a few lower grade parts, Or there is the Pearl Chad smith @ £150 that sounds just like a 400,

Dom is now using a Starclassic Maple in 14x 61/2

A ribon crasher attaches to any cowbell holder or a cymbal stand top (with no cymbal on) it has an eye bold like you see on a cowbell

TAMA starclassic maples dont come in packs only the birtch does, a shop may make a pack but TAMA does not supply them as such for a kit like dom, (you cant get the same colour as him, TAMA no do the old blue sparkle kit but not the chrome or black HW,) would set you back about £1800 with no stands or cymbals,

Ludwig Black Beautys 14 x 61/2 go for around £450 but they come on ebay alot. Look at the Ludwig 400's they sound much better IMO and go for about £320

Of your on a budget look ar the Ludwig 300 @ about £99 its about the same as the 400 but made in china with a few lower grade parts, Or there is the Pearl Chad smith @ £150 that sounds just like a 400,

Dom is now using a Starclassic Maple in 14x 61/2

A ribon crasher attaches to any cowbell holder or a cymbal stand top (with no cymbal on) it has an eye bold like you see on a cowbell

Rhythm Crasher*, although I think I've heard it called a ribbon crasher before.

Stores buy in starclassic maples individually and sell them as kits.

E.G.: They order a bass and couple toms and sell them as 'a kit.'

You can custom order anything on the starclassic birch and maple lines but in some cases it may take upto 6 months for when the store phones them up for you and when you actually recieve it

Custom order includes:

tom sizes 8x7" through to 24x18",

undrilled birch bass drum,

20 or so finishes in laquer or 3 choices in wrap,

sound focus rings,

gold AND black hoops (though if you want black, the drum store will say it's not available...but it is)

and klots more look on tama.com

i know lots about starclassic kits becuase i'm getting one soon (yay!) and my drum teacher is endorsed by them so i'm constantly been given all this information

P.S. If you're thinking of buying a tama kit wait until 2005: something new and special is coming out!! (i can't say much more as it's classified info) :p

Stores buy in starclassic maples individually and sell them as kits.

E.G.: They order a bass and couple toms and sell them as 'a kit.'

You can custom order anything on the starclassic birch and maple lines but in some cases it may take upto 6 months for when the store phones them up for you and when you actually recieve it

Custom order includes:

tom sizes 8x7" through to 24x18",

undrilled birch bass drum,

20 or so finishes in laquer or 3 choices in wrap,

sound focus rings,

gold AND black hoops (though if you want black, the drum store will say it's not available...but it is)

and klots more look on tama.com

i know lots about starclassic kits becuase i'm getting one soon (yay!) and my drum teacher is endorsed by them so i'm constantly been given all this information

P.S. If you're thinking of buying a tama kit wait until 2005: something new and special is coming out!! (i can't say much more as it's classified info) :p

2 things,

1. Who is your drum tutor?

2. Well why the hell do you know if it's classified? Are they putting the Exotix out for general release or something?

i was gonna order mine next week, is it something i'm really gonna want or are you just over hyping ?

1. Who is your drum tutor?

2. Well why the hell do you know if it's classified? Are they putting the Exotix out for general release or something?

1. http://www.andyedwardsmusic.com for more info

2. not exotix, a completely new line

i was gonna order mine next week, is it something i'm really gonna want or are you just over hyping ?

just wait until after the NAMM winter show.

by all means order a starclassic they're amazing, but from what i've been told, this new line is orgasmic.

Alot of stuff was leaked at NAMM, I talked to some guys their and got the low down. its nuthing really special, nuthing that other companys dont offer already at better quality and prices,

Its actualy called a ribbon crasher, a company "Rythem tech" calls their a rythem crasher and this name has stuck, kind of like how we all call personaly tape players "walkmans" but really only Sony ones are.

Man Andy Edwards teaches you, I had lessons from him about 6 years ago he was a good drummer but a lame teacher i hated the guy, so i moved to the guy who gave him lessons :p much nicer guy and better player and teacher

was talking to shop people today, its just going to be lots of little things, the only reason you might want to wait is because theres probably going to be new colours and the prices may possibly go down.

but then again they might also go up . .

Gonna be getting a new kit, same sizes as doms kit, but plus one top tom cause its cheaper that way...strange...

Cost me about a grand for the kit and cymbals and hardware etc, getting it in rockstar custom, not starclassic though, cause i cant afford the starclassic yet, cant wait gonna be cool.

my gf jusy got me a cowbell for christmas and i was wondering, what do you think will be the easiest way of attatching it? i want to attatch it to my 12" mounted tom stand that is fixed into my bass drum but im not to sure about how to go about it. im thinking clamp onto a cowbell holder but cos they use different attatchments as opposed to cymbals i have nop idea what im doing.

i was thinking about getting a stagg splash after christmas, they any good?

cheers

andrew