Good news or bad news (again)

Good news is I bought a new bass leg :D

Bad news is it didnt fit :(

Good news is i managed to make a hybrid of the two so yes it does work and hoorah my bass drum is now fixed. :D

So i had a jam...:D

and discovered... :erm:

that now my 18" A custom has a hairline crack in it :(:noey:

Thats lasted me for ages tho - about 2 years....time to replace

So the K Custom 22" Ride fund now has to go onto the 18" A Custom Crash fund. :(

Music123 looks the best price....anyone got any promo codes? :D

Good news or bad news (again)

Good news is I bought a new bass leg :D

Bad news is it didnt fit :(

Good news is i managed to make a hybrid of the two so yes it does work and hoorah my bass drum is now fixed. :D

So i had a jam...:D

and discovered... :erm:

that now my 18" A custom has a hairline crack in it :(:noey:

Thats lasted me for ages tho - about 2 years....time to replace

So the K Custom 22" Ride fund now has to go onto the 18" A Custom Crash fund. :(

Music123 looks the best price....anyone got any promo codes? :D

I'd get a new Crash, but keep the old one, and just keep hitting it over and over and over.

My drummer in The Drift has a REALLY wrecked Paiste crash which he's just battered the heck out of, and it's kind of gone through its bad sounding phase, and now sounds sort of like a second China Trash, if anything.

yeah thats what im gonna do

ive kept all my old cymbals - never know when they might come in handy

who knows...i could end up melting them all down or sell them to an iron monger! :LOL:

They should do that :indiff:

The cost of bronze has gone up which means that the cost of cymbals have gone up.

No cymbal company offers to "take back your cracked cymbal" which they could then melt down and offer a concession on your new cymbal or at least lower the prices of their goods.

I mean...if metal is getting scarse, what are we meant to do with all these dead sheets of metal!??!! :confused:

Some cymbal companies definately take old ones back, but I dont think theres a 'public collection' type thing, which could be handy. I know Sabian were taking in old cymbals at their stall at download this year, but obviously most the people taking advantage of that were endorsees anyway, or otherwise rich enough to be irrelevant!

Some cymbal companies definately take old ones back, but I dont think theres a 'public collection' type thing, which could be handy. I know Sabian were taking in old cymbals at their stall at download this year, but obviously most the people taking advantage of that were endorsees anyway, or otherwise rich enough to be irrelevant!

REALLY! :eek:

They should SOOO do a collection! :LOL:

yeah, mines the S-shape one, its by rhythm tech. i think doms is the pete englehart one. he has used the S-shaped one too:happy: but only a few times from what ive seen.

Here, i managed to get some snaps of my crasher on my kit and off my kit (next to a cool cd i bought once! to get scale!):p

F:\DCIM\100OLYMP\P7100190.JPG

Very sorry to bring up the Crasher debate again, but to elaborate on this quote: Doms crasher might not be 11" or 15" because it isn't a Rhythmtech Crasher, at least not the ones that are available to the public - its a totally different design. Im not too sure of the history of this instrument, but there were some copyright issues and stuff from the Engelhart design (which I think was the original) and the RTech one and a few others too. Interestingly when I picked up my 15" Rtech crasher at the drum shop, it had a tag on it with the price and 'Engelhart model' written underneath, so I think RTech now have the patent on making Pete Engelhart crashers, but there are other more traditional ones out there - like the ones Dom seems to use.

This is my first post here and I joined because I am a huge Muse fan and an even bigger Dom fan. Anyways, i really love his set-up and I have 2 crashes a ride hi hats and am currently using a 14" aax crash as a splash... Anyways, I am going to cut down the aax to an 11" or 12". I was wondering what splash I should get to get a sound like his. Also, what do you guys think of the oriental classic china? I know he uses the china trash but I can't stand it

^Haha. :p

Well, I'm waiting for my cymbal stand so I can finally have more than one crash to play, heh.

I planning to record Knights of Cydonia, Assassin (GOB), Space Dementia, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Stockholm Syndrome once it comes in. :)

I already had a vid of SS but it's gone since my old youtube account was deleted. :rolleyes: I had a whole mess of muse guitar covers too. :(

edit: oh yeah and Glorious too...

And does anyone know how to play Eternally Missed? I'm having a little trouble with the cross-sticking part.

Nice job! :p

Besides the syncing going all crazy, I caught a few mistakes, but nothing too bad. :happy:

I've gotta say though--you've got an awkward technique. :p When you hit the snare, you don't let the stick rebound and you rest the stick on the head. I'm not sure what that does to the sound but it's not that big of a deal, I think.

Nice set btw. Didn't you say you had a Tama Superstar? :)

Oh yeah, on a different subject, my new favorite song to play is Ruled By Secrecy. I played through it for the first few times today and I friggin' love it! Haha. The ghost notes and the triplets (or whatever they are) on the ride are fun.