:eek: awwwwwesome! did you use an effect on the snare?? sounds like a real 'baaaaah'!

multiband compressor, pumped 100-300hz and the highs (above 4khz) also about 1 second of reverb... added more highs and a bit more at 800hz, got rid of some horrible ringing around 300-400hz and then bought it up to the right volume with w ultramaximiser

you could say i used an effect on the snare.

mixed the whole thing.

Hey Adam, you play really well and I love your drum covers. I'd love to see more :).

Your band is great too... but... the vocalist isn't very good, sorry. You sound very very good instrumentally but the vocals aren't good. Sorry. And sorry if he's in this board.

But yeah, keep playing together! Good luck.

jeez, you're comparing him to matt bellamy, come on... possibly on of the hardest vocalists to emulate EVER... cut him some slack, hes a teenager whos just got out of school fgs.... we could cover snow patrol if we wanted, but tbh.... yeh.. boring.

matt bellamy has an unusual range, and we all love the music. its very hard for matt (our singer/synth) with all the vocals we throw at him, but i really respect him for even trying.... this is mr unusually short vocal chords we're talking about :LOL:

come on, cut him some slack at least. :)

With or without the K's?

this vid was without unfortunately haha :LOL:

Haha yeah, as muse covers go he wasn't far off! Most of the other covers I've heard have appalling singing....

Are you missing a bass player or is it just these shitty speakers?

Cheers very much!

I think its a bit of both - bass level could have been raised in the final mix - but I can hear bass on my headphones lol :D

Cheers very much!

I think its a bit of both - bass level could have been raised in the final mix - but I can hear bass on my headphones lol :D

Haha, wasn't much of a compliment but actually the whole thing was pretty good!

Reason I asked about the bass is that some of the chord changes didn't happen and I realised that it's the bass note that changes rather than the upper harmonies... I'll listen again though now I'm at home :).

^Nice!

Well, I've just been jipped.

I mentioned that I bought a 17" Sabian AAX dark crash on eBay from this chump (http://myworld.ebay.com/jbunting1) about a month ago, and all of a sudden I lost contact with the guy and he got a whole load of negative feedback. :mad:

Fucking loser.

If he doesn't respond to my dispute in 24 hours I'm making a claim against his ass.

• 2 weeks later...

What? No posts in a week?! :LOL:

Well, sorry for double posting, but I just got a refund from Paypal after that incident above. :happy: I'm looking for another cheap cymbal now on ebay, and hopefully I won't get scammed again!

I think I should lay off the Muse drumming for a bit--I'm adopting Dom's style. I play fills Dom uses all the time without knowing it every time I jam. :eek: I need my own style.

Haha I know how dom plays it :D and I did record it with the ghost notes....naturally...

HOWEVER it didnt sound right. :\

It sounded messy because the volume of the drums is much louder than the rest of the track

So i had 2 options.....stick the ghost notes in to be playing it properly (but have it sounding messy and get loads of "sounds rubbish" "youre hitting the snare too many times" comments - as most people dont know he hits it twice)

....or just do the one hit (and get the few "theres meant to be ghost notes" comments)

So i went with the latter.

:p