random survey: how fast are your guy's single stroke rolls?

I've only been playing for about 3 years without learning any rudiments, so my single stroke roll is pretty slow (my left hand technique sucks).

Mine is around 174 BPM (16ths). Any faster than that it gets kinda inconsistent. It's OK around 190, I guess.

random survey: how fast are your guy's single stroke rolls?

I've only been playing for about 3 years without learning any rudiments, so my single stroke roll is pretty slow (my left hand technique sucks).

Mine is around 174 BPM (16ths). Any faster than that it gets kinda inconsistent. It's OK around 190, I guess.

yeah ive been playing for about 3/4 years now too, my singles are ok, my right hand technique sucks! (im a lefty) and it feels like i get to this point where my weaker hand like tenses up cos im trying to move it fast! but then i try to losen up with it and it just goes all floppy and i cant move it fast at all! cos theres no power, worst case is, the stick flies outta my hand cos it's all floppy!:LOL: just gotta keep practicing!

i've been practicing doubles recentley too, and theyre overtaking my singles!:eek:

those my friend are some very sweet looking hats you got! dont you just love it when you get the knock at the door from the postman!? i bet you legged it to the door! haha!

I had JUST got in from work - parked the car - was walking towards the door - and saw a van coming! So it was perfect timing!

oh you gotta watch this! its funny, shows ADAM's gotta be the best muse cover drummer out there! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmLcwWXBM3o&mode=related&search=

Haha. He's deleted a load of comments.

I like the stick spinny thing - I think that's quite cool - but its all wrong :noey::LOL:

yeh it does

it was okay i guess, ive seen worse, but his technique is horrible and that snare sounded wroong..

Snare is BAAAD! :stunned:

surely this one shows hes the best muse drummer on yt?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUYa2FthOw

:cool: athankyaw

:eek: those hats look awesome adam--be sure to post a vid soon!

I think KOC will be next ;)

Might try and persuade chris (the man) if I can borrow his drum mics for a week or so! ;)

haha, i remember saying something to that kid about working on playing it right, not his image, then he got all pissy, deleted my comment, rated my assassin cover low then got mad at me for having my own (and better) cover of assassin.

Haha! I remember seeing comments on his....I think yours was one of them! haha

Not there anymore :LOL:

yup, more into the hair products than the music!

should be in lost prophets or somethin!

yeh he flaps like a maddun, and looks like he's having a rather large poo throughout, judging from his face!

:LOL:

I think KOC will be next

Might try and persuade chris (the man) if I can borrow his drum mics for a week or so!

yeh, you got a mixer too or are you gonna try and pawn that off me? hehe.. will need some XLR inputs (or i guess you could borrow my mic pres and use those... they give you only 2 channels, but they output line 1/4" jacks).

i dont use the actual mics and stuff, so you're free to borrow them, youll need some xlr cables and a mixer, its best if you have a multitracking one to edit the individual mic feeds after the job too. but ya

edit: come online adam, smelly.

i have something to send you

is that ribbon crasher debate still raging? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLx0qc_gKc&mode=related&search= this should sort it.

yeh, you got a mixer too or are you gonna try and pawn that off me? hehe.. will need some XLR inputs (or i guess you could borrow my mic pres and use those... they give you only 2 channels, but they output line 1/4" jacks).

i dont use the actual mics and stuff, so you're free to borrow them, youll need some xlr cables and a mixer, its best if you have a multitracking one to edit the individual mic feeds after the job too. but ya

edit: come online adam, smelly.

i have something to send you

is that ribbon crasher debate still raging? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLx0qc_gKc&mode=related&search= this should sort it.

I have me an 8 track desk (6 XLR and 2 stereo jacks)

will need xlrs tho plzthnxbye :D

*comes online*

Hey ADAM how much were your hats?? all the cymbals on http://www.music123.com are really cheap! theres one of your A Custom crashes on there for $169! i converted it and it came to 82 quid! 82 quid for an A Custom! now whats the hitch?? hmmm!:unsure:

actually i got my double bass pedal on there for 200 quid (Iron Cobra) which i thinks pretty good! especially cos some companies charge more for lefty peds!

isnt that always the case tho! haha

it always happens.

you buy something for the cheapest price you find - a week later you see it cheaper somewhere else....meh...

shipping on music123 is $54.75...then add the customs charges...

i'll probs use them for my next purchase tho.... ;)

You want to work for an american company like me then..all of the down sides are made up by fact you get stuff ordered over there and delivered to them and then have them deliver it within the shipment they send over to the UK every week.

US Dollar prices and no shipping fees !! ;)

My hart dynamics 13" edrum snare is on its way as we speak. :)

You want to work for an american company like me then..all of the down sides are made up by fact you get stuff ordered over there and delivered to them and then have them deliver it within the shipment they send over to the UK every week.

hah, lucky git :LOL:

you know how im your best friend.....:D

you know how im your best friend.....:D

But of course, I was always looking for a friend who...

.....let's me have a bash anytime on their "real" (acoustic) kit

......bigs me up on my drumming skills (you have a broad imagination I take it!)

.......gets me vip tickets to top gigs

....all the usual stuff ! :rolleyes:

I need to be careful to some extent but you never know - we might be able to sort something - especially if there is great buy 2 get 1 free deal :D

But of course, I was always looking for a friend who...

.....let's me have a bash anytime on their "real" (acoustic) kit

well tis quite possible at some time i will sample every drum in adams kit and make a NI battery "ADAMZORz" kit for awesomeness.... does that count? :LOL:

Hey Adam, you play really well and I love your drum covers. I'd love to see more :).

Your band is great too... but... the vocalist isn't very good, sorry. You sound very very good instrumentally but the vocals aren't good. Sorry. And sorry if he's in this board.

But yeah, keep playing together! Good luck.

Youre both comparing him to Matthew Bellamy. The man who has female vocal chords. :LOL:

I cannot think of anyone who has a voice like his - so in a way Bellamy is a 'deformed freak'.

Plus he writes songs that suit his voice. I bet Bellamy couldnt sing any Nine Inch Nails or something!

Matt (our matt) is hitting the notes - but in not necessarily the same octave or style as Bellamy - (You try singing it. :p)

Fair do's he may not have the strongest voice in the world but Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance), Billie Joe Armstrong (Greenday), Brandon Flowers (The Killers) all have voices that CANNOT hit notes and aren't particularly powerful yet look at where they are. Theyre some of the biggest bands around at the moment.

I appreciate your comments, and I do take critisism onboard - but I think you can cut him a bit of slack! ;)

You're comparing a teenage guy who's just starting out to a one-of-a-kind freaky man with a girls voice who's been in the business for years. :LOL:

You go and listen to some early Muse - its shocking! :yesey:

:eek: awwwwwesome! did you use an effect on the snare?? sounds like a real 'baaaaah'!

Yeahhh :cool:

Got some reverb on it! :D

Hey Adam, you play really well and I love your drum covers. I'd love to see more :).

Thanks a lot! :D

http://www.musedrums.rocks.it

I guess I can't blame him--I know someone that can sing most Muse songs pretty well (microcuts, anyone?) but she's a girl, haha.

...maybe you're better off having a female vocalist? :LOL:

You guys still rock of course. :p

haha yeah - i know quite a few girls who can do the songs justice! :LOL:

cheers :happy: