after doing my research for my site I found that the majority of the time he used Promark 5BN's

there were other sources quoting "TXSRDYTD5B's" and loads of other shitty letters which mean nothing...

and after looking into it, iirc, those type of sticks didnt exist! lol

In most pictures you see of him playing theyre straight forward 5bs

however, yeah, im sure if he was given some that he was comfortable with, be them pro-marks, or another brand he'd probably use em.

I see he has a range of vids on youtube under "xeviworld"...actually he seems quite a nice helpful chap :) probably just turns psyco when behind the drums :)

I don't think he is playing anything "wrong" ...he is just improvising...which is the term I use when I can't play something exactly heh heh.

Anyway chaps...getting better on repetitive bass playing (single pedal only.... ahem) but still struggling after a minute or so and can't decide whether heel up or down is better / less painfull / or easy to keep going. Any thoughts as to how to keep practicing there and to nail it. Typical rythm would be like 3 beats then no beat at fairly brisk pace...e.g. Foo fighters "times like these".

As always...yr advice appreciated....

I don't pay attention to heel up/downness. I know from videos and what other people have told me that my foot moves all over the pedal when I'm playing, it's sort of got its own mind and knows what to do to get the notes I want.

I have noticed that the faster you play the further back on the pedal the sweet spot gets so that when I play really fast continuous singles I end up with the heel plate underneath the arch of my foot and the ball playing the very base of the footboard and heel on the floor (which is possible because of the curved Eliminator heel plate ;) ).

• 2 weeks later...
ah guys it is mucho fun. adam, you should definately try it.

suddenly you can hit everything a lot harder.

my limbs just seize up when i play drunk, it's usually at some sort of party and you have the dreaded 'GO FASTER!!!'

your confidence just completly goes after that haha

• 2 weeks later...