Haha I know how dom plays it :D and I did record it with the ghost notes....naturally...

HOWEVER it didnt sound right. :\

It sounded messy because the volume of the drums is much louder than the rest of the track

So i had 2 options.....stick the ghost notes in to be playing it properly (but have it sounding messy and get loads of "sounds rubbish" "youre hitting the snare too many times" comments - as most people dont know he hits it twice)

....or just do the one hit (and get the few "theres meant to be ghost notes" comments)

So i went with the latter.

:p

Fair enough. You should get some decent microphones and a firewire multi-track mixer :) That'll allow you to adjust everything afterwards.

Fair enough. You should get some decent microphones and a firewire multi-track mixer :) That'll allow you to adjust everything afterwards.

haha yeah but i've already got a stage mixer (not firewire tho) and can borrow some drum mics...so id rather save my money for some new drum stuff ;):LOL:

the mics sound pretty good by themselves, the only thing was he had to go with the totally clean signal as he doesnt have the firewire mixer and the ability to compress/EQ/gate each mic...

that and he had to put them in rather dodgy places to be able to record (lack of stands and space or something) :p

Haha I know how dom plays it :D and I did record it with the ghost notes....naturally...

HOWEVER it didnt sound right. :\

It sounded messy because the volume of the drums is much louder than the rest of the track

So i had 2 options.....stick the ghost notes in to be playing it properly (but have it sounding messy and get loads of "sounds rubbish" "youre hitting the snare too many times" comments - as most people dont know he hits it twice)

....or just do the one hit (and get the few "theres meant to be ghost notes" comments)

So i went with the latter.

:p

haha, alright. :)

I've got the firewire mixer but I don't have any drum mics. :( we have a few vocal mics i could try miking my set up with, but my dad is pretty reluctant. :LOL: i get to use one, though.

btw, adam, some guy keeps posting links to your drum covers on my youtube vids. :LOL: he's showing me up with your vids or something, haha.

Good news or bad news?

Good news is that thomann FINALLY sent me a new cymbal pad that broke after like 10 days....in JANUARY!!!......FINALLY! :rolleyes:

Bad news is that I've just tied up my bass drum leg too tight...and now it doesnt tighten at all :(

Instead the leg just pushes back into itself whenever its set up - thus making it wonky.

I'm gonna have to have new 'Premier' legs put on (cuz pearl ones are way expensive and take forever to arrive) - which means having holes drilled into my poor bass drum....

:'(

Good news or bad news?

Good news is that thomann FINALLY sent me a new cymbal pad that broke after like 10 days....in JANUARY!!!......FINALLY! :rolleyes:

Bad news is that I've just tied up my bass drum leg too tight...and now it doesnt tighten at all :(

Instead the leg just pushes back into itself whenever its set up - thus making it wonky.

I'm gonna have to have new 'Premier' legs put on (cuz pearl ones are way expensive and take forever to arrive) - which means having holes drilled into my poor bass drum....

:'(

*sob*

.....sort out your snare! :p

I had my SPDS stolen the other day - oh the anguish.

:eek:

I think I'd shoot myself. :stunned:

Well today I tried to convert my set from a regular two up one down set to a one up two down set... without buying a new tom holder to attach to my ride cymbal stand, haha. It was bugging me how my toms would NEVER stay put when I would try to set it up the standard way. (Stupid budget kits...)

So, what I did was I yanked one of the tom mounts out of my bass drum, got some cable ties and duct tape and tied it to my ride stand. :LOL: Pretty "ghetto", but whatever, it works. :LOL:

before:

drums2eg5.jpg

after:

newsetupbx6.jpg

I need to reposition my cymbals a bit...

and my cheap tom holder:

ghettotomholderyo5.jpg

I'm really liking it so far. :D

haha cool! :cool::LOL:

Your tom arm goes REALLY FAR into your drum! :eek:

You also have a double bass bass drum beater patch for a single iron cobra! haha did you used to play double?

Nice music room setup too! :D

I assume its in a garage of some sort because there's a car behind the door! :LOL:

Im also toying with the idea of changing my config.....but 13 years with 2 up 1 down....might seem wierd....

also, like alyssa, I dont have any holders haha! and i dont wanna wate my gaffa tape! tis expensive! hahaha :LOL:

haha cool! :cool::LOL:

Your tom arm goes REALLY FAR into your drum! :eek:

You also have a double bass bass drum beater patch for a single iron cobra! haha did you used to play double?

Nice music room setup too! :D

I assume its in a garage of some sort because there's a car behind the door! :LOL:

Im also toying with the idea of changing my config.....but 13 years with 2 up 1 down....might seem wierd....

also, like alyssa, I dont have any holders haha! and i dont wanna wate my gaffa tape! tis expensive! hahaha :LOL:

haha, I'm using the tom arms the other way around--the part that is supposed to go into my bass drum is going into my tom. :LOL: The other side was too short. :p And I used to have a crappy double pedal, yeah, heh.

The music room is nice--it used to be our third car garage. :) Sadly, we have to tear out a bit of the ceiling soon cuz there's a water leak in there! haha.

You should try it--tis fun to play. :) I'll lend you some tape... :LOL:

haha, I'm using the tom arms the other way around--the part that is supposed to go into my bass drum is going into my tom. :LOL: The other side was too short. :p And I used to have a crappy double pedal, yeah, heh.

The music room is nice--it used to be our third car garage. :) Sadly, we have to tear out a bit of the ceiling soon cuz there's a water leak in there! haha.

You should try it--tis fun to play. :) I'll lend you some tape... :LOL:

THIRD garage! :stunned:

Bl00min' hell! :LOL:

Ahhhh i see! ;) and yeah single ftw! :D

STOLEN! :eek:

how?

:(

Some arsehole smashed up my 4x4 whilst it was in a locked up private garage. They took the SPDS flightcase with the sampler, headphones, triggers etc inside. They also took my iron cobra and box and a large flightcase with my mixing desk, kd-7 and drum dial in it.

oh and also my stick bag.

Some arsehole smashed up my 4x4 whilst it was in a locked up private garage. They took the SPDS flightcase with the sampler, headphones, triggers etc inside. They also took my iron cobra and box and a large flightcase with my mixing desk, kd-7 and drum dial in it.

jeeze! :(

dya recon they knew they were in there then?

that is terrible! bet you are majorly sick...absolute twats who do that :mad:

jeeze! :(

dya recon they knew they were in there then?

Well I was renting this car parking space on a small lot in a posh complex of flats in the city centre. It seemed to be fairly secure, with keycode access, electric shutter gates etc... Id just moved into a flat myself about 15mins walk away and hadn't got storage anywhere yet, so I occassionally left my gear in the car overnight in this car park after gigs and stuff. Seems though that there have been several incidents of late at this place, either people from the flats doing it, or more likely someone has the code or has just been let in by someone else. Fairly sure then it was just opportunist as the stuff was pretty much on display. Certainly the last time I do that, no matter how safe the place seems!!

There was CCTV covering the car at the time, but its proving impossible to find anyone who is 'qualified' to download and look at the footage!!

There was CCTV covering the car at the time, but its proving impossible to find anyone who is 'qualified' to download and look at the footage!!

obviously theyre having a hard time finding someone with at least one eye. ;/

that kind of thing seriously sucks.

you covered on insurance at all?

God tell me about it!

We went on holiday to France and we stopped overnight at Dover Travelodge...

When we got up in the morning our car had been keyed all the way down the side.

We went to ask if it had been caught on camera...and they said that they werent allowed to look at it until a manager and policeman were present.

So what the hell is the point in all the CCTV cameras we have if you cant watch them when something goes wrong! :noey:

I know Adam, its ridiculous. + the police couldn't do it personally because of the 7 hour time span when the crime could've taken place, being too long. I can understand not having the manpower for trawling through several days of footage; but just overnight footage??!

To answer the_man, hopefully insurance should cover just about everything, minus paying excess etc, but as usual its a lengthy, slow process - getting some quotes now.

Could have been worse of course: they chose to leave about 5 grands worth of premier genister, my laptop, loads a cymbals/percussion and a treeworks mark tree!!!