I do hope there's more special gigs at some point in the future. I hate to put my hopes on something that wouldn't happen until the next album cycle, though, before this one even starts!

If nothing else, hopefully there will be some worthwhile videos of the arena gigs announced so far, so we can tell what visibility will be like.

Chris' favourite song on the album is The Handler

Nice to hear that The Handler is a favourite of the whole band. I refuse to let myself hype it up too much but everything we've heard about it so far sounds promising. If it can rival or even better Reapers, I'll be more than happy.

The interview clocked The Globalist at 9 minutes :$

Not really surprised tbh, I always felt like '10 minutes' was probably Matt rounding up. I think I predicted it to be 9 minutes something. It's not like there's much of a difference anyway, it'll still be their longest song by a fair distance (not including Exo as one song).

'Muse will release their seventh album epic prog-rock space opera songs about how technology is destroying your mind' quote of the week.

Edit: Australia once every 3 years isn't enough :(

Edited by musekiddo

New interview coming soon, Chris' favourite song on the album is The Handler, touring the states after summer and european arenas early next year.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/42772/Muse-will-definitely-return-Australia-but-first-they-have-to-tour-everywhere-else

not able to see it somehow, at work they block stuff

so the us tour is after the short arena tour? so after feb 2016?

it's a shame big day out is shit now, they used to always do that and some side shows then come back for proper tours later in the year

Yeah, they might be here a bit earlier next time because they are doing festivals first, but I still don't see them being here before about September next year. And they like our summer apparently

not able to see it somehow, at work they block stuff

so the us tour is after the short arena tour? so after feb 2016?

Chris said the US gigs were after the festivals and before "early next year" so either weaved in between the ones already announced, or Nov/Dec.

And I'm pretty sure we only get Muse every 3 years, as well... Oz is not alone.

The interview clocked The Globalist at 9 minutes :$

Yeah, without that extra minute it's going to suck.

Edit: Australia once every 3 years isn't enough :(

They should go back to interspersing their headlining tours with festival appearances.

it's a shame big day out is shit now, they used to always do that and some side shows then come back for proper tours later in the year

*dead.

So what songs will Matt throw awkwardly placed "fucks" into? Or will he get it out of his system with Psycho?

I'm fully expecting "There's a crosshair, locked on my fucking heart!" halfway through the tour lol.

think he's still doing "fucking-trol us" in Uprising lmao

They did play like 7 concerts in California last tour but I could only afford one since so many of those were Staples Center. Or I could've afforded Sacramento but fuck that.

I thought about flying out to CA and doing all those gigs, but I didn't have enough people to get tickets when they went on sale, and a lot of them sold out immediately.

Would have been a fun trip.

Much better than driving 10+ hours out to Chicago or Detroit. And probably safer.

And I do get the impression Matt probably swears a ton in general.