Haha, just found the exact page where T2L was leaked. A fun read. :LOL:
It wasn't leaked though :chuckle: though I remember signing up and listening to them pretty soon after it came out. I put it equal to Absolution in my initial hype, forgot I did that until I saw my post, dear lord.

Christ reading those T2L reactions was depressing, didn't realise how much it was praised when released. Only one or two voices saying what most of us think of it by now. Are we destined to repeat this cycle again?
Of course, it's just hype. Once that wears off we are able to form coherent opinions, unless they didn't give a shit to begin with. I wish I could approach new Muse albums without giving a shit but I'm too far in now :(

Why do people rank Showbiz so low? Just because the production isn't great?

Yeah it's got a couple of stinkers on it, like all Muse albums do. But Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave, Showbiz, Uno and Hate This and I'll Love You are 6 belters! Only OOS and Absolution better it for me. I have Showbiz slightly ahead of BHAR on my ranked album list.

It wasn't leaked though :chuckle: though I remember signing up and listening to them pretty soon after it came out. I put it equal to Absolution in my initial hype, forgot I did that until I saw my post, dear lord.

Yeah, leaked wasn't a good word :p

But it is funny to see how much the perception of the album changed even in a matter of a month. I'm sure a lot of people ranked it up there with OoS and Abso back then. I think I did, now I think it's their worst :LOL:

My predicted ranking is probably:

Abso

OoS

BHAR = Drones

TR

Showbiz

T2L

Can't wait to see this thread when LP8 is about to come out so we can all laugh at our opinions

I don't know, sounds more like classic rock to me (especially the two chords played after each repetition of it). The chorus is also classic rock and the tapping reminds me of van halen. Perhaps there's a fine line.

It's not far from being a complete ripoff of Bombtrack :LOL:

Yeah it's got a couple of stinkers on it, like all Muse albums do.

Can't remember any on OOS or Abso. Even BH&R only had Soldier's Poem letting it down. However I do agree with your overall point on Showbiz, ranked far too low in my opinion.

Yeah it's got a couple of stinkers on it, like all Muse albums do. But Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave, Showbiz, Uno and Hate This and I'll Love You are 6 belters! Only OOS and Absolution better it for me. I have Showbiz slightly ahead of BHAR on my ranked album list.

Nah, it's the lyrical immaturity and unoriginal sound. It's just much less interesting than the albums which followed it.

Ranking it low doesn't mean it isn't good; I don't know where you get that idea. It's my fifth favourite, only beating The 2nd Law, but I love it. I'm not enthusiastic about the second half of the album, but the first half is a treasure. I rank it low because four of the other albums are more favourable, not because it's bad.

Intro tapping: Eruption

Reapers verse: distinct Muse sound

Main riff: almost as if AC/DC covered Bombtrack

Chorus: straight up 80s rock

Solo: Tom Morello vs. Angus Young duel

Outro: literally just Freedom

Reminds me more of the Hot For Teacher intro tbh.

I was thinking about this last night actually. I used to put Showbiz on par with TR but, thinking about it, the high points of Showbiz are a bit better than the high points of TR and there are more of them. Both albums probably have the same amount of shit songs for me (Overdue/Guiding Light, Escape/USOE, Fillip/Resistance).

Intro tapping: Eruption

Reapers verse: distinct Muse sound

Main riff: almost as if AC/DC covered Bombtrack

Chorus: straight up 80s rock

Solo: Tom Morello vs. Angus Young duel

Outro: literally just Freedom

There's also a bit in there that closely resembles Spinal Tap - Heavy Duty, specifically the Boccherini minuet :LOL:

It's weird that Drones is here in two weeks. It doesn't feel like it's any closer, if you know what I mean.

It was two weeks one day ago that Mercy was leaked. The time since then is how long we have to wait for the album, if it isn't leaked by then. I don't think I'll listen to the leak, though.

Hopefully I'll be able to be a little more level-headed this time. When T2L first came out, I think the fact that it came after TR and it's pretty mediocre tour made me think it was way better than it actually was. I remember saying it was my 2nd favourite album after OOS :facepalm:

So far, I think I've been able to rate the Drones tracks pretty accurately though. As things stand, I'm expecting it to be a bit better than TR and maybe on the same level as Showbiz.

Ranking it low doesn't mean it isn't good; I don't know where you get that idea. It's my fifth favourite, only beating The 2nd Law, but I love it. I'm not enthusiastic about the second half of the album, but the first half is a treasure. I rank it low because four of the other albums are more favourable, not because it's bad.

I agree, Showbiz is my fifth favourite but it is still really good. To be honest I've enjoyed all 6 albums, T2L is my least favourite but I still happily and willingly listen to it. Everything from Drones I've enjoyed so far. I just love Muse too much!

Hopefully I'll be able to be a little more level-headed this time. When T2L first came out, I think the fact that it came after TR and it's pretty mediocre tour made me think it was way better than it actually was. I remember saying it was my 2nd favourite album after OOS :facepalm:

So far, I think I've been able to rate the Drones tracks pretty accurately though. As things stand, I'm expecting it to be a bit better than TR and maybe on the same level as Showbiz.

I remember reading Fabri posting that if Madness was the worst song on the album, then he'd prefer it to T2L law :chuckle:

Showbiz is exactly the same for me, except joint with Abso. I think it's an amazing album. Never understood the dislike for it, but apparently it's the "youthfulness" feel... Or something like that I've heard