Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Yeah you have a point about punch but imo the chanting is just tacky.

I'll give you that one, but I like that the little snippet gives different vibes than the live track. It feels less meandering at least from how "tight" the production sounded from that clip. I'd like to have two versions more or less of the song to listen to so I'm all for it sounding totally different from what we got live, I wouldn't be upset or anything really. My only hope is that they made that outro sound like as massive as Stockholm Syndrome's.

Same, I can deal with either in the pre-chorus but I imagine the chorus would sound pretty weak without the distorted vocals.

I get the feeling that we'll be hearing multiple Matt falsettos overlaid, maybe with a chest voice Matt too. I'd rather have something along these lines than just distortion hiding the fact he can't make those notes sound perfect/really strong live

I get the feeling that we'll be hearing multiple Matt falsettos overlaid, maybe with a chest voice Matt too. I'd rather have something along these lines than just distortion hiding the fact he can't make those notes sound perfect/really strong live

That'd be pretty cool imo

Listening to the remastered version, here is my take:

Home

It's becoming a killing field.

There's a cross hair locked on my heart

And there's no recourse, and there's no one behind the wheel.

Hellfire

You're wiping me out

Killed by!

Drones!

Killed by!

Drones!

Killed by!

Fueled with lies and deceit

Our bodies on the shore

We've got to see our hell and

Now I am radicalized

War

Watch us move up a gear (?)

I don't think I can handle the truth.

And it's just to cold

And we are expendable

Incidentally, electronically erased

Killed by!

Drones

Killed by!

Drones

Killed by

Fueled with lies and deceit

Our bodies on the shore

Become Reapers and Horsemen

Now I am radicalized

(You can run but you're never gonna hide)

Evil, lies and deceit

Our bodies on the shore

We've got to see our hell and

Now I am radicalized

Killed by mind control

Bodies on the shore

You've got Reapers and Horsemen

Everybody's criminalized

So a few changes, after a few listens I don't think he says"fueled with" it seems like a smaller world he says fast, sounds like evil. However I do believe he says Fueled with in the beginning, you can clearly tell the difference

Also I do no longer think it is "see our heaven" in the remastered on maximum volume he cuts off what could be heaven and says a small L noise

To be completely honest I do not even think he says Our bodies on the shore, but the song isnt perfectly mastered yet.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents, what do you guys think

So a few changes, after a few listens I don't think he says"fueled with" it seems like a smaller world he says fast, sounds like evil. However I do believe he says Fueled with in the beginning, you can clearly tell the difference

Also I do no longer think it is "see our heaven" in the remastered on maximum volume he cuts off what could be heaven and says a small L noise

To be completely honest I do not even think he says Our bodies on the shore, but the song isnt perfectly mastered yet.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents, what do you guys think

I said a few pages back that hearing a different version of the song (also posted a few pages back) made me realize that Matt sounds like he's saying "Our blood is on the shore" rather than bodies. It makes more sense too IMO, give it a listen

The studio version of this song is going to be massive. The song is already pretty good live but the main fault is the vocals are a bit weak/hard to understand, especially during the chorus. The studio version will most certainly have great vocals meaning this song could really come together well, much like SS and its studio vs. live performances.

My only worries about the studio version is that the instrumentals will end up weaker and more spaced out, like Animals and US ended up.

Can't polish feces, at the end of the day fecal matter remains fecal. US is Muse's worst song IMO so no production changes would help it out besides rewriting it.

Can't polish feces, at the end of the day fecal matter remains fecal. US is Muse's worst song IMO so no production changes would help it out besides rewriting it.

Unnatural Selection, Muse's worst song? Well, I suppose people are entitled to their own opinions, even though their opinions are quite clearly rubbish.

Nah but seriously, what is your beef with the song? Surely you must have headbanged at least once during that final riff?? :eek:

Unnatural Selection, Muse's worst song? Well, I suppose people are entitled to their own opinions, even though their opinions are quite clearly rubbish.

Nah but seriously, what is your beef with the song? Surely you must have headbanged at least once during that final riff?? :eek:

The verses are way too wordy + muddied up with mumbled lyrics, the riff is recycled New Born, the breakdown is super weak and uninteresting, the production + guitar tone on the song sucks, and the track sounds worse live than in studio. The only bit I think was written well is the outro and the chorus, and I can see why Matt used a similar melody for that small part in The Globalist :rolleyes: ever since my first listen I've never been able to reconcile my disappointment with this song, specially since its full version is longer than CE and offers less than a quarter of the excitement via good songwriting. Of course all my opinions but I think of this song when I think of Muse "running out of ideas" like Linkin Park

The verses are way too wordy + muddied up with mumbled lyrics, the riff is recycled New Born, the breakdown is super weak and uninteresting, the production + guitar tone on the song sucks, and the track sounds worse live than in studio. The only bit I think was written well is the outro and the chorus, and I can see why Matt used a similar melody for that small part in The Globalist :rolleyes:

The vocals on the verses are my second favourite thing about the song, behind the breakdown which is one of the best things they've done in the last 9 years imo. The outro is the only part of the song that I find particularly boring as well (apart from the main riff), I usually switch off at that point.

Also, have you seen it live? It's a fucking beast. Easily one of the best songs I've seen them play, and I've seen some pretty decent ones.

I know it's your opinion, man, but...fuck.