Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Meaningful personal lyrics. Particularly ones that convey pain, anger or anguish like in most of the first 3 albums. The type of lyrics Bellamy does best yet seems to have abandoned.
The idea that thoughts have to be negative to be deep is so hilariously silly. That somehow negativity is more profound than positivity.

The idea that thoughts have to be negative to be deep is so hilariously silly. That somehow negativity is more profound than positivity.

I used the word 'particularly' referring to specifically Muse

Invincible is about the only one that springs to mind that is deep and is happy.

You guys are calling OoS and Abso lyrics teenage angst? Okay :rolleyes:

Look at Absolution if you want to see incredibly deep lyrics that are hopeful in a gloom and doom setting, that's when Matt's writing is at a different level

Invincible and Bliss are probably the only completely happy Muse songs. They should play them every night to pump the crowds.

Bliss is more about aspiring to be someone who is "better" than you but in comparison to other Muse songs of that era, yeah it's slightly more uplifting.

The two happiest Muse songs are covers, and one of them is meh live and the other never gets played

Why do so many people claim that Muse's last few albums are less deep? How do you define the "deepness" of an album?

Something to do with the ratio of lyrics inspired by real-world events to those by fictional characters, countries that don't exist and extinction events that will never happen.

I forgot how deep Panic Station was

You are now aware that Panic Station's lyrics are a continuation of B&H.

Something to do with the ratio of lyrics inspired by real-world events to those by fictional characters, countries that don't exist and extinction events that will never happen.

You are now aware that Panic Station's lyrics are a continuation of B&H.

Well, at least these are the sources of inspiration for Bellamy. We might as well respect that. I personally don't care whether be it fictional characters/ events or not as long as it's performed by Muse - the quality of their music remains to be very high.

FWIW, my favorites by Muse are their saddest and moodiest songs - one of them (a single teardrop is almost there) Hyper Chondriac Music has never even been played live.

Our planet suffered 5 big extinction events (known to date). So is not that rare. But yeah, a lot of teens and post teens can relate more with lyrics in this style:

My big breasted blonde girlfriend left me / life is so cruel / i cannot resist it / (enter generic guitar solo)

And i am talking about music in general, not Muse, Origin and Abso were great, but that doesn't make TR or T2L hollow.

Our planet suffered 5 big extinction events (known to date).

And Muse songs have not referenced events in the vein of those.

My big breasted blonde girlfriend left me / life is so cruel / i cannot resist it / (enter generic guitar solo)

This is basically Dead Inside minus the big breasted part.

And Muse songs have not referenced events in the vein of those.

Confirmed: Album 8 is a heavy and theatrical concept album about the extinction of dinosaurs and the early rise of man. The latter half of the album explores how fossil fuels are killing the planet and how man rely on the remains of extinct creatures in order to advance technologically.

Confirmed: Album 8 is a heavy and theatrical concept album about the extinction of dinosaurs and the early rise of man. The latter half of the album explores how fossil fuels are killing the planet and how man rely on the remains of extinct creatures in order to advance technologically.

Pretty sure that was what a fake "leak" of LP7's title and tracklisting suggested, and Matt tweeted about it dismissing it as fake a while back.