Dallas was because One Direction's people hadn't taken their stuff out of the arena until the morning thinking Muse's crew wouldn't start building until later (lol)

Oh was that it?

Ok. I thought it was because of traffic jams and accidents on the Houston-Dallas road. Though yeah, I can imagine that being particularly unhelpful.

I heard that Muse's trucks didn't even arrive until the afternoon, so who knows.

I would absolutely not have minded if the faff actually had a purpose in the sets, and the entire gig was more cohesive or told a story or something.

That's why I thought the Drones intro was just fine.

That would have been a GOOD way to work all those "breaks" into the gig.

But no, what we got was just plain lazy, and the same crap like Interlude, MWAH, IS, Jam, etc that we get at every gig, with the addition of misplaced Preludes, JFKs, etc.

There's no overall story or theme going on, and either little or no visual reason for the playback and downtime, either.

And they could have easily given us something to look at, at least, if it was all necessary.

As is, it felt like what it was: cheap padding to make people think they were getting their money worth out of the gig length.

Any momentum or energy the gigs had was obliterated by all the pausing, and as I've said, the most angering part of it to me, was it felt so much like the band was using the visuals and stage as an excuse to not really make it a concert performance.

It bothers me that no one really notices how little the band is putting into the gigs some of these nights; no energy, not one smile or nod to the audience, and just going through the motions like they're tired of the job.

They probably are tired of their job. Just look at Dom.

Then, like others said, they need to take a break. They made around a million dollars a gig on this tour, and the fact that they didn't appear willing to even pretend they were enjoying themselves, or put one ounce of energy into the performance, was completely unacceptable.

Maybe it sounds bad, but imo the options when you're tired of your job are to quit, or to continue doing it and fake it.

The majority of people fall into the latter category, and will never hope to do something as great as make millions making music, and live the celebrity lifestyle.

In fact, we buy music and go to gigs as an escape for how crappy, or boring, our actual lives are. I mean, that's the point of entertainment.

That whole escapism, and reason for going, is shattered when faced with a band that completely acts like this is just a tedious job for them.

It feels like a quick cash grab, and it's more than a bit depressing.

Seems like it won't be like that. In their most recent interview for Virgin Radio France they've said they already have some plans for the next two albums.

Maybe if they follow through on Matt's "not release the music all at once" idea finally, they'll put more time in between tours, and hopefully get some spark or energy back.

Or eventually lose enough popularity that they play smaller gigs and festivals, where they didn't seem to have the lack of energy (except US festivals; those were particularly mopey this cycle.)

I'd rather enjoy if they kept putting out material; but they really, really appear to need a break from touring that's longer than their normal one.

They started this tour well with the festivals and small gigs, but once they hit arenas, they just appear like they're in a hurry to get it over with every night.

I think them looking a bit disinterested on-stage might be down to their disappointment in what the 360 stage has done to the crowds, on top of fan complaints and the scripted nature of the shows. I doubt they've become disillusioned with touring in general, they seemed to be really enjoying themselves for most of last year.

That said, I'd like them to take a break for purely creative reasons if anything. As much as Drones is decent on the whole, it and T2L both feel a bit lacking in terms of genuine creative inspiration imo. I'd like them to go away, switch off for a bit, naturally build up a decent collection of songs or ideas and come back when they feel they've got something special that they're genuinely fired up for.

To be honest, when I saw them live in Brussels they appeared to really be enjoying themselves, there were lots of little smiles exchanged and stuff (good part of the 360 stage, you could actually see the band interaction really well)

To be honest, when I saw them live in Brussels they appeared to really be enjoying themselves, there were lots of little smiles exchanged and stuff (good part of the 360 stage, you could actually see the band interaction really well)

That's sounds great! :LOL:

source?

It's somewhere in the Charts thread; I think it was specifically for the US tour.

More than anything I was just down about the band's performance in Philly. I travelled a long with through a lot of hardship, and while I knew I wasn't going to like certain aspects of the gig, I wasn't expecting the complete lack of energy and enthusiasm.

It was a huge downer.

It was one rude comment short of being the Weenie Roast.

They do take a few months off at the end of every touring cycle and after, say half a year off, they seem to be hungry to do it all again. Yes their energy isn't the same as 2004 but I don't know that taking 3 years break will make them the best live band in the world again. The problem is more the heightened emphasis put on production every tour, which is taking away from their live performance. I feel like there is almost no spontaneity by them anymore and despite their shows always being highly rehearsed, there used to be glimpses of it before their live show became a 'big conceptual nightmare' as Dom has described it as now.

Half tempted to try and find a ticket to the Belfast gig for the Assassin-factor but I'm not sure if I could live with spending that much in one year on just Muse gigs (and that's before maybe trying for Glasto as well) :$

If that turns out to be my only chance of ever seeing it though...bit of a gamble just praying it pops up in London and I've got a feeling it won't tbh.

(assuming they even follow through with it lol)

I think you'll be more disappointed when you're there and they don't play it than when you're not there and they do play it.

I agree with this tbh.

Saying that, I'm slightly tempted to buy a ticket for the last O2 gig as it'll probably be the best for atmosphere and maybe for setlist (my work schedule means 11th is out anyway, and the 14th is my Dad's birthday). But I'll wait until after that show, and then if I think "Yeah, that was great, sign me up for more!" then I'll come on down. If not, then ho hum.

There's already a few second hand spares below face value for that one anyway.

As much as I would love to see a 04-era Muse again, I really doubt that is possible due to their touring mentality... But 06/07-era Muse? I still have high hopes for that. I still think they'll put out something as good as BHaR before the end... I'm just worried about it being like Drones, good album, incredibly mediocre set (in the US) that doesn't reflect the album or the band all that well.

I think you'll be more disappointed when you're there and they don't play it than when you're not there and they do play it.

As much as they've been pretty bad for following up on requests/'promises' on this tour so far, the fact that they've soundchecked it a couple of times makes me pretty confident that it'll happen.

Edging towards going tbh, could be a nice leel excursion.

Given that I've spent the last month editing a pretty big project concerning Muse, I can say from the clips I've used, they seem to be enjoying themselves still. Matt still bounces around the stage, and I think this is the most of seen Chris move on stage since earlier Muse eras.

It seems to be the songs where there are heavily scripted moments such as in The Handler with those puppet visuals that they seem to lose a bit of interest, but on songs where they have free reign to move around, the same energy that is in most of their shows from past tours is still there in my opinion.

Just my thoughts, take them or leave them.

Given that I've spent the last month editing a pretty big project concerning Muse, I can say from the clips I've used, they seem to be enjoying themselves still. Matt still bounces around the stage, and I think this is the most of seen Chris move on stage since earlier Muse eras.

It seems to be the songs where there are heavily scripted moments such as in The Handler with those puppet visuals that they seem to lose a bit of interest, but on songs where they have free reign to move around, the same energy that is in most of their shows from past tours is still there in my opinion.

Just my thoughts, take them or leave them.

They move cause they been told to do so as is a 360 stage i suppose. I don't recall Matt headbanging at all this tour, and Dom haven't smiled in the whole tour, he looks so bored.