I'm pretty sure he never said Psycho was a working title, he said everything he named was a working title. He didn't name Psycho on his site or on here

Ah good catch. Maybe I was mistaken, I still remember him just being vague about everything. Not that it really matters anyway, we got the info we needed to satiate ourselves at least for the evening ;)

Peter O'Neill, the director of Imagine Belfast, has been contacting fan pages this morning asking for information about Muse's gig on Sunday. Apparently he doesn't know anything about it. He sent me this :

"There is a lot of social media interest in plans for Muse to apparently play in Belfast this Sunday at our festival. Can you confirm?"

Peter O'Neill, the director of Imagine Belfast, has been contacting fan pages this morning asking for information about Muse's gig on Sunday. Apparently he doesn't know anything about it. He sent me this :

"There is a lot of social media interest in plans for Muse to apparently play in Belfast this Sunday at our festival. Can you confirm?"

Hmm...

You should direct him to Tom's + Dominic Anderson's email or something. Make it happen!

Maybe he wants them to perform there....awesome how rumours work :p

You lot, you all as well as myself are idiots. I just reread Matt's tweet and realized he wasn't trying to announce anything... :noey:

He said "there is a place and time i.e. 9 PM, Belfast, Sunday." in response to a Tweet about Psycho taking forever to be written, and come out as a song.

Literally all he is saying is that there is a time and place for things, events, to happen. A common colloquialism. The "i.e. 9 PM, Belfast, Sunday." is 99% likely to be his sarcastic attempt at being funny, especially given the usage of "i.e." showing it as an example, except everyone thought it was an imminent announcement...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I stand by this revelation and will eat my asshole 10 times if I am proven wrong.

You lot, you all as well as myself are idiots. I just reread Matt's tweet and realized he wasn't trying to announce anything... :noey:

He said "there is a place and time i.e. 9 PM, Belfast, Sunday." in response to a Tweet about Psycho taking forever to be written, and come out as a song.

Literally all he is saying is that there is a time and place for things, events, to happen. A common colloquialism. The "i.e. 9 PM, Belfast, Sunday." is 99% likely to be his sarcastic attempt at being funny, especially given the usage of "i.e." showing it as an example, except everyone thought it was an imminent announcement...

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I stand by this revelation and will eat my asshole 10 times if I am proven wrong.

Bottle of champaigne for you?

i.e. doesn't mean "example" you are thinking of e.g.

It is from Latin an abbreviation of id est (“it is”).

I do realise you are not serious btw!!

i.e. doesn't mean "example" you are thinking of e.g.

It is from Latin an abbreviation of id est (“it is”).

Got me there. As far as I know, at least in academic contexts, I see the two used interchangeably. I don't know if Matt knows the nuance between the two, and I see his tweet as being more of an attempt at humor than an attempt to say something will happen at that time. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, just rereading it more objectively, it makes sense.

EDIT: I actually am serious lol. I mean considering how many times the fanbase has interpreted things to be something (i.e. Apple event) and nothing happened, I have low expectations for this "theory"