You can't deny that removing the context would make it infinitely more difficult to discern the meaning. Like saying "a British prime minister" seems similar to Matt saying "there is a time and place", whereas "the current British prime minister" would line up with a hypothetical tweet from Matt that would read "this is the time and place".

If Matt knows the difference between i.e and e.g, which I imagine he does, then he means there is something happening on Sunday in Belfast

Now you may be right and he may not know that, but if he does know that then there really is only one context

Honestly I think that this was just a date given for the making of the song.

Matt Bellamy ‏@MattBellamy 13h13 hours ago

“@nisheFR: Make the most awesome riff ever made. Wait 16 years to make a song with it."there's a time and a place i.e. 9pm, Belfast, Sunday

I just thougt about this. What if he meant in reply to taking 16 years that it only took that one sunday at 9 PM in Belfast to make the song. Or I guess come up with the riff (was that the case in Belfast 16 years ago??)

Very good point. He could very well be addressing the lack of clarity where the riff was made. This also makes a lot of sense.

Honestly I think that this was just a date given for the making of the song.

Matt Bellamy ‏@MattBellamy 13h13 hours ago

“@nisheFR: Make the most awesome riff ever made. Wait 16 years to make a song with it."there's a time and a place i.e. 9pm, Belfast, Sunday

I just thougt about this. What if he meant in reply to taking 16 years that it only took that one sunday at 9 PM in Belfast to make the song. Or I guess come up with the riff (was that the case in Belfast 16 years ago??)

That was what I was thinking about too..

Whuttt.

Also, agree with the 'i.e.' vs 'e.g.' example.

Might be to hard for me to expain in english.

Maybe Belfast is not an imminent thing to happen but rather refers to the past!

As in. "YO, guess what. That riff you are talking about was made into the song in Belfast at 9 PM. Here you go useless information."

Could also maybe refer to the first time the riff was used? No idea about the history of this riff and Muse, guess that one is far fetched.

It's a perfectly correct and logical sentence if you remove the context, yes. But honestly, do you really Think it's a logical reply when we have a context, "Make the most awesome riff ever made. Wait 16 years to make a song with it."?

Considering the context has a meme structure and I have no clue how Matt responds to memes, I've no idea what a logical reply from Matt would look like. However seeing Matt use "a" instead of "the" is probably the closest thing I can discern as hinting towards vagueness rather than specificity unless it was assumed the time/place to be mentioned was obvious in context, which makes sense in the recent interpretation that he was just stating where the riff (or the song as we know it 'Psycho') was written.

Might be to hard for me to expain in english.

Maybe Belfast is not an imminent thing to happen but rather refers to the past!

As in. "YO, guess what. That riff you are talking about was made into the song in Belfast at 9 PM. Here you go useless information."

Could also maybe refer to the first time the riff was used? No idea about the history of this riff and Muse, guess that one is far fetched.

I got what you meant, my 'whuttttt' was because it's too far out for my brain to want to process!

Again, I don't know what 've been doing today at that time, 16 years ago!

unless they have records of what happened when while writing, which could be possible but I'm leaving this thread fro a bit before I start writing fanfiction.

My guess is album release date and/or tracklist today and then Psycho drops on Sunday with some kind of live performance in Belfast and then on itunes/youtube afterwards.

Then again that seems logical so it's probably wrong.

I've never seen "e.g." used anywhere other than academic texts, tbh... I know the difference, I just never see anyone use them correctly.

Anyways, my feelings when I first saw that were that that was where/when he wrote the actual song. Maybe the time was a joke, maybe it was so important he remembered it.

A gig is more likely, but it's still an odd answer to a "question" about when the song was made.

Did Matt make his "tomorrow" Tweet on 3/10? I have this awful concern that he wrote it after midnight, or was mistaken on the time, and he meant Thursday...