Only thing I worry about is that they're selecting clips from 1 or 2 songs that they know fans will like, and then the rest of the album is gonna be nothing like these bits.

It's obvious they are gonna show the best parts, but it doesn't necessarily mean the rest is not good.

God forbid if they think chanting Drones is one of the best bits

Uprising was pretty popular and they seemed to have fun getting the crowd to chant along to that, so it wouldn't surprise me at all really. The chants never bothered me personally.

Only thing I worry about is that they're selecting clips from 1 or 2 songs that they know fans will like, and then the rest of the album is gonna be nothing like these bits.
for all we know all of those can be just random practice riffs ...

Right but what you're hearing is the sound of the strings which you won't hear in a mix so regardless if you think that sounds like the Godfather (it doesn't) it's a bit of a pointless comparison

How is it a pointless comparison :LOL: I said its reminiscent of the godfather theme, which it is...

How do you know how the track is going to sound anyway? You don't know how the mix will sound. Blackout had a similar kind of sound in the solo.

Edited by CatchHellBlues

i hear the godfather as well (it is faster, and on an electric guitar, let's not expect it to actually sound the SAME, just reminiscent)

I also always got that "italian" style vibe with blackout as well.

Exactly :LOL:

It's not just me that hears it, yeah exactly it's reminiscent not identical.

This to me sounds more like a warm up exercise before a take. It sounds more like one of them practises you do when learning a scale. im thinking this wont be on the album

Yeah I mentioned someone pointing this out a bit earlier, but as Im not too guitar-savvy I couldn't really speculate. I hope it is though, as Im sure most others on here do.

How is it a pointless comparison :LOL: I said its reminiscent of the godfather theme, which it is...

How do you know how the track is going to sound anyway? You don't know how the mix will sound. Blackout had a similar kind of sound in the solo.

It very loosely sounds like it, okay :rolleyes:

You know what they mean. All guitar playing could be referred to as mere scales.

Point being that even though you are a skilled guitar player, you can't possibly know this is an exercise or part of the song. The solo part on Save Me would also make an excellent scale training, but it's still part of the track.

It's part of the track, there is no point in muting the string above otherwise and posting it on Instagram.

Point being that even though you are a skilled guitar player, you can't possibly know this is an exercise or part of the song. The solo part on Save Me would also make an excellent scale training, but it's still part of the track.

It's part of the track, there is no point in muting the string above otherwise and posting it on Instagram.

No necessarily. Practice warm up exercise just before a take Or after a take. The fact that the muted string is there doesnt automatically means it a take or part of the song

No necessarily. Practice warm up exercise just before a take Or after a take. The fact that the muted string is there doesnt automatically means it a take or part of the song

It kind of does, as a guitarist I would never mute the other string if I was playing this just for fun. The only reason to do it would be for recording purposes where you want it to be completely perfect otherwise you would just play it normally.