I just thought of something. A few days ago there was this thing where Tom's company or something posted on Facebook ''RENDER RENDER RENDER''.

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but now I think of it it's so obvious. I think they were rendering videos of the making of Drones. The album is finished (or nearly finished), the artwork seems to be finished as well, I'd say if there's going to be a making of, and I'm sure there is because some of you spotted camera's in the Instagram pictures of the studio in Canada, then around this time the making of the making of should also be complete or nearly complete.

So RENDER RENDER RENDER probably had something to do with the making of Drones :D

Or... it's for visuals for the upcoming tour? Although it may be too soon...

How hard is it to announce something?

That depends, really. The way things are going, I expect they'll announce everything at once (I bloody hope they do anyway), so they need to get everything in place and prepared for the big announcement.

They are now: MUSEMUSE

All existing products will now be updated with the new logo

Damn, you beat me to it! :LOL:

Or... it's for visuals for the upcoming tour? Although it may be too soon...

That depends, really. The way things are going, I expect they'll announce everything at once (I bloody hope they do anyway), so they need to get everything in place and prepared for the big announcement.

Damn, you beat me to it! :LOL:

:LOL:

It could be visuals, I don't think it's too soon for them to want to have those sorted. I'm expecting any announcement to be made by Dom, whilst diving backwards into a swimming pool wearing leopard-print trunks.

Still can't help feeling that something about this album will shock us. This whole 'game-changer' business. A concept album? A double album? The album just being one long song, therefore no lead single? The distribution method? I just feel there must be some reason behind all the confidentiality, that there's some closely-guarded secret that we haven't yet figured out.

Considering the source of the "for humanity" comment, the only possible thing he could have been referring to was the "political" content of the record (unfortunately.)

There's nothing strange about the album, other than it might be less politically vague than, like, Supremacy and Uprising, is what I'm taking that as.

They're allowed to not like the band put I noticed in their article about Coachella last year they didn't even mention Muse playing, despite being a headliner . Weird

Im not saying they aren't but as someone correctly stated on Instagram earlier, they've never made the same album twice yet they are routinely written off by Pitchfork each time. If you read the reviews, it makes you wonder if the guys themselves have made some slight at the publication in the past, such is their consistent, systematic dislike of the band. Your point about the Coachella snub only adds to this, that's just a bit weird imo.

Is it possible for you to make a non-snarky reply to an honest question?

Yes.

"Why do they hate the band so much" doesn't strike me as a honest question though. And actually I just checked, Showbiz got a 6.7 and HAARP got a 6.5 on Pitchfork. They didn't review OoS and Abso (don't know why) but I guess at least OoS could have got a 7. Then they gave 4.2 to BH&R, 5.9 to TR and 5.5 to T2L. That's not "hate".

Sounds like I'm defending Pitchfork but I really am not, just reporting the scores they gave to Muse.

Yes.

"Why do they hate the band so much" doesn't strike me as a honest question though. And actually I just checked, Showbiz got a 6.7 and HAARP got a 6.5 on Pitchfork. They didn't review OoS and Abso (don't know why) but I guess at least OoS could have got a 7. Then they gave 4.2 to BH&R, 5.9 to TR and 5.5 to T2L. That's not "hate".

Sounds like I'm defending Pitchfork but I really am not, just reporting the scores they gave to Muse.

I don't read their reviews anymore because I think most music criticism is pretentious to the point of nausea (especially Pitchfork), but I do seem to remember the actual content of some of their reviews being much harsher than necessary.

Anyways it's clear that Muse don't really make music that fits in with Pitchfork tastes. I'm not too bothered by it.

Yes.

I've just read the review again, they essentially wrote the entire album off as weak Radiohead rip-off. I must be one of the only people who really cannot see, in any universe, how they sound alike and I listen to a lot of both.

I've just read the review again, they essentially wrote the entire album off as weak Radiohead rip-off. I must be one of the only people who really cannot see, in any universe, how they sound alike and I listen to a lot of both.

Which album? That's especially laughable if it was for T2L.

Which album? That's especially laughable if it was for T2L.

Showbiz, but then the H.A.A.R.P review is littered with references as well, including this insufferably cringe-worthy closing sentence: "In their case, Muse are the kind of act that rarely serves as an endpoint but more often makes teens fall in love with rock hard enough to explore it further. And that's fucking important. I mean, we can't all start with Radiohead."

I mean just, wow.

Are you sure?

Fair enough if you can, but listening to their respective individual voices, I just don't hear the "vocal impersonation" people talk about. Not at all.

Personally I've never really liked Radiohead. The Bends was a good album, but that's about it. Too boring and depressing for me, whereas Muse always excite with their bombast. I can't understand the comparisons either, polar opposites for me.