11pm GMT and this thread is still packed ("All the pretty visitors came and waved their arms..." etc).

I've been reluctant to give an opinion on when stuff is gonna come out but I have to say I'm fairly sure something will come out this week. The hype train from the people around Muse themselves has just picked up a little bit and I like the idea of Zane going full circle by ending with a band he started with.

Also on the whole OOS thing, didn't the band say to the people in Vancouver that the album was sounding like a cross between BH&R and Abso?

Except he literally agreed in an interview that he tried to write a sequel to Citizen Erased. Nobody is saying it's going to be called that, but since there isn't another name for it, i'm sure it will do for the moment.

I know its just the way people are referring to it like its official idk maybe its just because its harder to read people over text. Not just on this board but I've heard people straight up say CE2 is coming and it makes me laugh. We have nothing more than a tweet and an interview right now (although the interview was refreshing). I agree with others that it'd be best left off the album if it doesn't fit into the style. Rather it be a b-side.

Of course it won't be called Citizen Erased II, Muse aren't Meat Loaf.

On another note (to avoid double posting) that large post was meant to be an absolute joke, I would delete it but it is pointless seeming as a few of you have quoted the whole thing. :$ I obviously knew Lowe would probably not see the post and just wanted to make a very joke out of literally listening to that show for two hours (the longest I've listened to a radio by choice - I actually find that an achievement). I knew it wasn't coming on that show; especially as Lowe and Muse are meant to have a good relationship. I remember seeing a clip on Youtube with Zane joking that they were gonna be the next big thing. This was during the Absolution/OOS era, can't exactly remember. If I find it I'll post it up.

I think realistically we could get a single announcement tomorrow for it to air on thursday

I find it rather odd that people still think after today's (lack of) events, that Thursday is the only reasonable possibility left. Did everybody already forget that today's "Hottest Record" was actually scheduled on Wednesday? Basically.. Wednesday is the new Monday, so we still have two possible dates for something happening. I'd even give Wednesday more plausibility because of the rescheduling.

I find it rather odd that people still think after today's (lack of) events, that Thursday is the only reasonable possibility left. Did everybody already forget that today's "Hottest Record" was actually scheduled on Wednesday? Basically.. Wednesday is the new Monday, so we still have two possible dates for something happening. I'd even give Wednesday more plausibility because of the rescheduling.

So Wednesdays hottest record was moved up today? I heard that briefly mentioned pages back but it got buried by more usual bs. This seems like a decent lead.

Except he literally agreed in an interview that he tried to write a sequel to Citizen Erased. Nobody is saying it's going to be called that, but since there isn't another name for it, i'm sure it will do for the moment.

I meant laughable in that people are literally insane in setting up unfounded expectations for something to happen, then being mad when it all falls apart. This is why people should listen to actual info and speculate rather than say "Zane Lowe!!!" like it'll be some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.

I know ill be laughing the more I see this stupid Zane Lowe Radio 1 trash because it's obviously not going to happen.

I meant laughable in that people are literally insane in setting up unfounded expectations for something to happen, then being mad when it all falls apart. This is why people should listen to actual info and speculate rather than say "Zane Lowe!!!" like it'll be some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.

I know ill be laughing the more I see this stupid Zane Lowe Radio 1 trash because it's obviously not going to happen.

"Muse are going to have a sonically consistent album"

"I feel X will happen in my gut"

etc.

Inb4 lol, don't worry about it.

I hope something gets anounced! Otherwise apparently I'm getting sacrificed.

You're the one who bet your life something would happen. :phu:

There was an album trailer for T2L because the album was over the top, bombastic and inspired by film music. There wont be one for this album.

There was a trailer for T2L because they could get everyone riled up with the dubstep thing for viral/social media publicity.

They're doing similar stuff this time, just with Instagram.

I can't imagine how much dissapointment will be here if we've waited so long for a single that sucks balls. :LOL:

We'll all hate it anyways, and then everyone who likes it will get harassed for being a fanboy, or "muse defender" with some cutsie misspelling.

We've been down this road before.

here shows proof its real with pictures of the magazine

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?p=10526051#post10526051

I don't think anyone was saying the article didn't exist. You could make a paranoid argument for whoever wrote it as having made up the interview, though.

It does seem to address a lot of the specific concerns/wants that have been rolling around the fanbase - not in the form of the questions asked, but specifically Matt talking about going back to OoS, trying to eliminate the cheese in the stageshows, and CEII.

And it talks about CEII - but then covers its ass (if we're taking the conspiracy theory that it's faked) by saying the song exists, but might not be released.

You'll only be able to know why I say these things when the single and the video come out.

You really think people haven't figured it out a long time ago? Really?

(First time I could get on the wifi in almost 24 hours... was really sure I was going to miss the single...)

Honest question though, how do you know the album will be sonically consistent if all you heard was the single? Or, how will the single coming out prove your statement?

Consistency is golden for anything good. Seeing similarities in all the right places, i.e. the clip with the "drones" shout + riff is a harbinger of good omen. I can't say anything until the time comes, but Muse as always found a way of being Muse without trying to copy themselves like Linkin Park