Thanks Jaicen, I know for a fact it's better than my current imposter of an amp so if he doesn't want much for it I may as well grab it.

I'll try it out first to check for that crackling you mentioned. It just seemed attractive as a second-hand option because I won't have a huge amount to spend on an amp if I'm putting cash together for something else ...

I'm putting cash together for something else ...

The vile guitar strap?

I was flicking through eBay last night and looked at a Klon Centaur listing and now I hate myself for even being curious. Is this a common symptom?

They've never really captured my interest, especially at that price. It's just a glorified tube screamer clone, no?

But then I rarely use overdrive or distortion pedals anyway. I get my distortion from the op amps that are inside my all valve amplifier.

They printed the wrong documentation for my amp, so it's been stuck in a warehouse for the past five days. I think they reused an old tracking number and then printed all the stuff on that too (including £1000 of towels going to a business in the US). They could have called and sorted this out days ago obviously, but it took me phoning them to find out what was going on to find out anything. I've got my pedalboards all here and connected up again already, and my guitars too, but I can't do anything without the amp really. :facepalm:

They printed the wrong documentation for my amp, so it's been stuck in a warehouse for the past five days. I think they reused an old tracking number and then printed all the stuff on that too (including £1000 of towels going to a business in the US). They could have called and sorted this out days ago obviously, but it took me phoning them to find out what was going on to find out anything. I've got my pedalboards all here and connected up again already, and my guitars too, but I can't do anything without the amp really. :facepalm:

Never expect them to do that. Best thing is to contact them as soon as you see the problem.

Just the other day I had a phone call from fedex about an international shipment

"is the orange effects pedal the only thing in this package?"

"yes"

"oh ok, there was a mix up..."

If only it was that easy with guitars.

You haven't been shocked by that magic box yet, have you?

Ha, yeah, I wasn't sure while it was the weekend, which was why I waited to see if anything changed today. I haven't been able to test anything yet anyway, but I wired all my pedalboards back up the other night. Just waiting for the amp so I can start playing again. Leaving the guitars in their cases to acclimatise for now. Everything's here apart from the amp though. I got a huge import charge on the pedalboards, but I did manage to bring all my pedals in my luggage on the plane without any charges on those, so it probably works about equal really. Guitars came on the flight with me and I didn't have any trouble with those, just can't play them until I've got something to plug them in to. Looking forward to playing again though.

Yep! Got here last Thursday I think, but it already seems forever ago that I was in the UK. This place always has that effect on me somehow. Brought all my guitar and camera stuff, and as many clothes, books, DVDs, and random things from my old life as I could fit, haha! Getting through the airport was hell but worth it in the end, I'm sure! XD

Yep! Got here last Thursday I think, but it already seems forever ago that I was in the UK. This place always has that effect on me somehow. Brought all my guitar and camera stuff, and as many clothes, books, DVDs, and random things from my old life as I could fit, haha!

Is this a permanent move? Sounds amazing over there my best mate has family there and visits a lot. Just looks stunning

Yep, should be. I was supposed to have a job interview this afternoon but it's been delayed until next week now because they couldn't make it. Been here a few times before but it's nice to know I'm here to stay this time. Living in Bangkok at the moment, but will probably move somewhere a bit more scenic once we've had a couple of years to save some money up. I've travelled the country quite a bit on my previous visits and some of it is breathtakingly beautiful.

Yep, should be. I was supposed to have a job interview this afternoon but it's been delayed until next week now because they couldn't make it. Been here a few times before but it's nice to know I'm here to stay this time. Living in Bangkok at the moment, but will probably move somewhere a bit more scenic once we've had a couple of years to save some money up. I've travelled the country quite a bit on my previous visits and some of it is breathtakingly beautiful.

Sounds fantastic! Good that the guitars got over there okay as well, should be interesting to see how the humidity changes things :p . Hope the interview goes well :awesome:

Yeah, I'm just leaving them in their cases until I get the amp to give them as much time as possible to adjust before playing, but I'm really looking forward to getting them going again. Everything else is set up, though it took a few hours to get all those pedals connected again, haha! Cheers - I'll try and pop in here from time to time when I get the chance if I can. :)

Yeah, I'm just leaving them in their cases until I get the amp to give them as much time as possible to adjust before playing, but I'm really looking forward to getting them going again. Everything else is set up, though it took a few hours to get all those pedals connected again, haha! Cheers - I'll try and pop in here from time to time when I get the chance if I can. :)

You won't be able to resist. There will be too many crazy antics going on. Plus I think james90 would go into some sort of reclusive withdrawal which should probably be avoided if possible.

Haha, well, I opened the cases after the first flight, and they were fine, though I'd knocked them over a few times by mistake. On the second flight, they actually travelled in first class, because there was some kind of mix up, and they didn't get the message from the original airport that I was supposed to be able to take them on. I think I actually delayed the flight by about half an hour because it took a while for them to find out everything, haha! Apparently I should get some kind of compensation for it as well, but the last time I had to do that with an airline it took about six months, so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet.

Haha, well, I opened the cases after the first flight, and they were fine, though I'd knocked them over a few times by mistake. On the second flight, they actually travelled in first class, because there was some kind of mix up, and they didn't get the message from the original airport that I was supposed to be able to take them on. I think I actually delayed the flight by about half an hour because it took a while for them to find out everything, haha! Apparently I should get some kind of compensation for it as well, but the last time I had to do that with an airline it took about six months, so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet.

Wait, did your guitars travel first class while you traveled in economy or whatever?

I suppose you made the right choice after this incident with UPS. Did you have to buy extra seats or were they just put in the coat closet? Because I've looked into this when I went to the UK, and it would require purchasing extra seats because of the size. I imagine that would cost more than shipping them over, and I think it's too risky having them go under the plane with all the other luggage.

Ha, yeah, I bought an extra seat (you can fit 2 or 3 guitars on one seat I think), but on the second flight, they'd given the extra seat to another passenger because they hadn't got the message when I booked it for some reason. So my guitars were put in first class though I was in economy, because they messed up, haha! Interestingly though, the Emirates staff said they'd normally let people take guitars on anyway, even though the size restrictions say stuff like that has to be checked or whatever. They said they normally give extra leniency to guitars for some reason. Still though, the extra seat did give me extra cabin baggage allowance, which meant I was able to bring more with me still which helped. But yeah, I'm supposed to get the seat refunded because they messed up, but it might take months to hear back from them about it so I don't know. Even so, 2 guitars on one seat probably worked out about the same as it would have cost to ship them, except I don't have the worries about them getting lost or damaged, and I didn't have to pay any import charges. I put all my pedals in my suitcase for the same reason, so I didn't get charged on their value, but then the pedalboard cases got given a big charge because they were so big or something, so it probably works out about average. Just waiting for UPS to wake up and sort my amp out. Thursday and Friday this week are national holidays here apparently so if it's not sorted out by tomorrow, I'll have to wait until next week. :mad:

Edit - Looks like they've fixed the mix up, but they still need some more information and then it will take 3 working days to clear it before it can then be delivered. Can't see how I'm getting it before next Tuesday or Wednesday. I should have had it last Thursday. -_-

Edited by Bs