There's me being an arse. Forgot about that one haha. Is it a guitar you have that you think may have inspired them or an idea that you put to them?

I was talking to Alpher about work on mine about a month ago so I half suspect they may be doing their own sorta version

That or

One of Jack's good mates was the housemate of the guy that made my guitar

That or

He's a muse fanboy after their little stint supporting

I was talking to Alpher about work on mine about a month ago so I half suspect they may be doing their own sorta version

That or

One of Jack's good mates was the housemate of the guy that made my guitar

That or

He's a muse fanboy after their little stint supporting

You have an Alpher?

Ima go for B, although it's not his good mate it's his yoga instructor.

You have an Alpher?

Ima go for B, although it's not his good mate it's his yoga instructor.

Nah, I have a partscaster, but after seeing Jack's ones I was talking to them about getting them to essentially remake it with an Alpher style body and neck. Think it was about £1500, they have finance options though apparently

I'm sure he had another new one delivered after the one above, as well as a quite similar older guitar with different body woods and pickup I think.

18 days is a joke, this guy could have delivered it faster...

e56a51bf7f420a36cf43ea6f9b67ef98.jpg

WITNESS

Nah, I have a partscaster, but after seeing Jack's ones I was talking to them about getting them to essentially remake it with an Alpher style body and neck. Think it was about £1500, they have finance options though apparently

Ah I see. That's not too bad to be honest. For fully custom guitars at the quality they appear to be they aren't really charging much. I'm definitely thinking about it!

Ah I see. That's not too bad to be honest. For fully custom guitars at the quality they appear to be they aren't really charging much. I'm definitely thinking about it!

That's with me supplying all the actual hardware though so probably a few hundred upwards of that

But yeah, they do always look incredible, the woods they use are insane and really love that 'jazz' shape

Did anyone see the other guy is playing one of these?

http://www.squierguitars.com/series/vintage-modified/squier-vintage-modified-baritone-jazzmaster-rosewood-fingerboard-antigua/

Not sure if sxc

I'm not too big on this. I've never liked burst fade pickguards like that.

To be honest, those alphers are among the few 'jazz' style guitars that I really like the look of, they are normally butchered with tacky looking pickguards and switches.

Just re-installed my Woolly Mammoth into my Bass rig. May have to keep it in there, compliments my OD so much better! It's much tighter-sounding than the Big Muff. :happy:

What OD are you using?

And yeah, I've got one of the russian EHX big muffs, but I rarely use it.

Also, sidious911, did you see this? I recall you were talking to these guys when I sort of snuck up on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_a0RgKTA9s

That gig was so much fun.

...judging by the comments, that might not have been water that hit the back of my arm during the show

Oh fucking hell that account

If they're gonna do those videos and gonna film a gig which was getting filmed anyway they could've at least done it in fucking landscape. Everyone knows that, it's lie the first thing you get taught in life nowadays. Portrait is for twats and snapchat. Not that the two are mutually exclusive

Edited by Dominic.

^^^^

Still hilarious :LOL:

On a seriousness note I'm finally looking at painting the Ronald McDonald les Paul I stripped months ago. So I have decided I'm going gold but I'm just looking at sourcing paint so my questions comes down to:

First who to buy from, I'm caught between

http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.co.uk/gold-top-guitar-paint.html

http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/shop/goldtop-metallic/

I'm swaying towards the first at the moment but any suggestions will be gratefully received.

A few more questions, the guitar is maple topped so if I'm correct the process is sand to some lovely smooth condition, then paint. It shouldn't need sealing or filling as it's maple but do I put a coat of primer on it?

Any help will be appreciated, but yeah the basic questions are where to buy paint and do I undercoat/primer it?

:D

Are you doing a full gold finish or leaving the back natural mahogany? Just curious, can't help with your questions :(

Also, I've never struggled this much getting a good recorded tone. This sounds amazing in the room (if not a little dark, though it's pretty much Dave tone) but sounds like a big muff with the fuzz on full when I play it back.

I must be doing something wrong.

Are you doing a full gold finish or leaving the back natural mahogany? Just curious, can't help with your questions :(

Also, I've never struggled this much getting a good recorded tone. This sounds amazing in the room (if not a little dark, though it's pretty much Dave tone) but sounds like a big muff with the fuzz on full when I play it back.

How are you recording? I've been debating how I am going to record stuff when I actually decide to buy something. I considered just mic'ing the amp but I imagine that's not a great idea in just a bedroom environment with other noises around?

Backs staying "El natural" :D it's a nice piece of wood plus it week use less paint that way :LOL:

Backs staying "El natural" :D it's a nice piece of wood plus it week use less paint that way :LOL:

Good move. This is a 1998 yes? I recall they only made those ronald guitars in 1998, and the usual wine red before and after that :erm:

The late 90s gibsons are consistently good though. I'm not actually sure how many DC lites (made from 1999-2001) I've owned at this point (too many...), but they've all been more or less the same as far as build quality, sound, and playability goes.

I've still got one of the yellow ones (sourced by sherpa_man). It's a nice guitar, though sort of the bastard child of an ES of some sort and a standard les paul with a few unusual features mixed in.

How are you recording? I've been debating how I am going to record stuff when I actually decide to buy something. I considered just mic'ing the amp but I imagine that's not a great idea in just a bedroom environment with other noises around?

Usually it's just a SM57 into a USB interface into my macbook pro with upgraded solid state hard drive.

Relatively simple I guess. I was getting a great recorded tone with my JCM 800 thing the other day, but the recorded tone of this combo is far from how it should be.

And it depends how loud those noises are. Sometimes I have a fan running in the background and it doesn't pick that up at all, but that isn't too loud I guess.

What are peoples setups for recording/listening at home?

I have Kemper >SPDIF> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 > MBPr 15 then back through the Focusrite to a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors.

Looking to get a new interface though with more in/outs that's also rack mounted

Good move. This is a 1998 yes? I recall they only made those ronald guitars in 1998, and the usual wine red before and after that :erm:

The late 90s gibsons are consistently good though. I'm not actually sure how many DC lites (made from 1999-2001) I've owned at this point (too many...), but they've all been more or less the same as far as build quality, sound, and playability goes.

I've still got one of the yellow ones (sourced by sherpa_man). It's a nice guitar, though sort of the bastard child of an ES of some sort and a standard les paul with a few unusual features mixed in.

Usually it's just a SM57 into a USB interface into my macbook pro with upgraded solid state hard drive.

Relatively simple I guess. I was getting a great recorded tone with my JCM 800 thing the other day, but the recorded tone of this combo is far from how it should be.

And it depends how loud those noises are. Sometimes I have a fan running in the background and it doesn't pick that up at all, but that isn't too loud I guess.

Correct you are :) It's a lovely guitar, very solid, build quality is top notch. I'm sure once it's painted a nice colour it will be a lovely guitar :D

Shame Gibson aren't as consistent anymore or as varied I love the fact that in the 90's Gibson gave the factory the freedom to knock out these weird one offs and experiments. I feel that Gibson has about 10 stages of planning before a guitar is even made nowadays.

Because I'm getting a DOD Meatbox, I'm trying to find the cheapest way of being able to run it full tilt (more as a factor of safety for actually useable settings). So far my options are wait until I'm playing with a full PA with decent sub woofers (unlikely), buying an Ampeg 8x10 or a cab with an 18" speaker.

The things I do for subs :facepalm:

Because I'm getting a DOD Meatbox, I'm trying to find the cheapest way of being able to run it full tilt (more as a factor of safety for actually useable settings). So far my options are wait until I'm playing with a full PA with decent sub woofers (unlikely), buying an Ampeg 8x10 or a cab with an 18" speaker.

The things I do for subs :facepalm:

What's your amp/cab setup now? I do wonder if something like that would have a negative effect on the amp too. Like if your amp's tranny doesn't have enough juice to handle the meatbox - it might end up blowing instead.

Boss ODB-3. It's a spectacular workhorse that I enjoy immensely.

Yeah I've got one of those as well - not bad at all.

Correct you are :) It's a lovely guitar, very solid, build quality is top notch. I'm sure once it's painted a nice colour it will be a lovely guitar :D

Shame Gibson aren't as consistent anymore or as varied I love the fact that in the 90's Gibson gave the factory the freedom to knock out these weird one offs and experiments. I feel that Gibson has about 10 stages of planning before a guitar is even made nowadays.

I take it the back of it will be clear gloss? I'd be tempted to put a slight tint on there, depending how light the mahogany is.

I don't think it's as light as this, where you'd need a really dark tint to get it to look like the wood it's meant to be :facepalm:

1531720_10152239730089758_1697951280_n.jpg?oh=46e95770f44886769c5d1a687f7d5813&oe=5627E402

see if you can spot the other issue as well (how can you miss it?!)

and I wouldn't say they're planned THAT well!

I take it the back of it will be clear gloss? I'd be tempted to put a slight tint on there, depending how light the mahogany is.

I don't think it's as light as this, where you'd need a really dark tint to get it to look like the wood it's meant to be :facepalm:

see if you can spot the other issue as well (how can you miss it?!)

and I wouldn't say they're planned THAT well!

Yeah I was thinking about having a sightly black or dark brown tint, it's a fairly dark piece of mahogany just a bit orangey. I kind of like the orange vibe but feel it may look better darker. And there are so many things going with that guitar that should have never happened :LOL: