those start at just under $3000 from the looks of things. they really don't sound that good to me

Doesn't sound much better than my line 6 DT25, I always think Kempers are a lot of money but they are in an a different league to my amp so I can see or hear even where the money is going but I'm really not sure about this thing:(

That's one of the best things about the whammy

Ethan's Whammy

My good friend EthanDOT

He got a whammy, I kid you not

It's big and red, just like a fire truck

You want subtle? You're out of luck

Have you heard his cover of killing in the name?

Give it a listen, your life will never be the same

If you don't, you're the only one to blame

You say it's not your style? Time to up your game

Did you hear him Jack White?

Yeah that was Ethan, he can sure put up a fight

Ethan uses his whammy night and day

Has it gone floppy yet? Too soon to say

Ethan has a digitech whammy 4th gen

Yeah that's right, glitchy whammies are for real men

None of this polyphonic shit to clean up your sound

There will be much whammying as long as Ethan is around

That's one of the best things about the whammy

Ethan's Whammy

My good friend EthanDOT

He got a whammy, I kid you not

It's big and red, just like a fire truck

You want subtle? You're out of luck

Have you heard his cover of killing in the name?

Give it a listen, your life will never be the same

If you don't, you're the only one to blame

You say it's not your style? Time to up your game

Did you hear him Jack White?

Yeah that was Ethan, he can sure put up a fight

Ethan uses his whammy night and day

Has it gone floppy yet? Too soon to say

Ethan has a digitech whammy 4th gen

Yeah that's right, glitchy whammies are for real men

None of this polyphonic shit to clean up your sound

There will be much whammying as long as Ethan is around

Brought a tear to my penis, thank m8 proper mint

Yeah, I've got a single channel bypass looper ready for it haha.

Also, for those interested, Royal Blood is currently doing a takeover of D'Addario's Instagram account (@daddarioandco) and posting some gear shots.

No pedalboard pictures?

He uses heistercamp straps :love: I think sherpa_man needs a few of those - they make you play awesomeness

Saw something about that on twitter the other day, but wasn't sure if it was real :LOL:

Also, an LS-2 is the best thing to get if I want to switch my KP2 in and out of the chain, isn't it? Discovered earlier that my Distortron sounds way better without signal going through the fanboi pad.

https://marshallamps.com/live-for-music/news/introducing-marshall-london/

Well that's a bit random, not sure if it's complete marketing rubbish or whether there are actually a few cool features in this phone :rolleyes:

I had a look at that page the other day, the one thing I had a problem with was the image at the very bottom. WHY DOES THE ARM HAVE RYAN GOSLING TATTOOED ON IT?!

Saw something about that on twitter the other day, but wasn't sure if it was real :LOL:

Also, an LS-2 is the best thing to get if I want to switch my KP2 in and out of the chain, isn't it? Discovered earlier that my Distortron sounds way better without signal going through the fanboi pad.

Yeah the kaoss really destroys the sound. any bypass looper will do - there might be some cheaper than the LS-2, which seems a bit unnecessary with all the other functions. Might be a good question for Jim (or rust_relic :ninja: )

I had a look at that page the other day, the one thing I had a problem with was the image at the very bottom. WHY DOES THE ARM HAVE RYAN GOSLING TATTOOED ON IT?!

A better question is WHY WOULDN'T THE ARM HAVE RYAN GOSLING TATTOOED ON IT?!

Looking to get a case for Kemper and stuff. On a site for some reason they have a shockmount 6U case £30 cheaper than a 4U one so I guess I may as well go for that. Is it worth getting a shockmount case or would a normal one do? Ain't no-one harming my Kemper

I saw a Lexicon MX200 for sale nearby for €150 and I seriously tempted to get it seeing as my amp is rackmounted and I'll be buying a rack head for it soon. The only issue is finding a way to control it. I was thinking of a MIDI footswitch but I'm new to the whole world of that. I just want to be able to move through patches and I'd like a space efficient option. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone know if it is possible to get Cosmo Chromed strap locks without buying those ugly Schaller types?

Schaller is the only one that does cosmo/black chrome strap locks as far as I know, and even those are difficult to find

Guessing you prefer dunlops?

Guessed right. I have some Schaller ones for the Delorean rep, but only because it's a detail of the original. I much prefer the low profile dunlops.

Dunlops are low profile? I much prefer the schallers, for both looks and design.

I have a few of those fender strap blocks as well - not the same as strap locks obviously, but if they're good enough for royal blood...

Went ack today and got some Loxx. They look pretty cool, but might still get some Schaller ones :|

Any good? I only really trust the schaller ones, but I've never tried those.

I don't even have strap locks on half of mine, so I usually end up using those strap blocks. There are other ways to source those as I'm sure you're aware...

slide1.jpg

Actually, those are cheaper too... Fender charges $5 for two of the washers, and that doesn't include anything else.

I haven't installed them yet, but they look nice, and don't ruin the look. They have ball ends instead of strap buttons, which is cool and makes them less bulky. Nice comparison shots on the loxx website. The dujlops are not as small though still preferable to schallers.

Macaroon: the avt50 is a fairly average solid state amp. They have issues with stress cracking of the power supply capacitors, see if it crackles at high volumes. Easy fix though.

Unless it's really cheap I'd skip it.