That looks pretty impressive. I sometimes wish they had a better music program (in the way of tech) here. The only real music course I ever took was the standard introductory one. It was mostly vocabulary from what I remember.

And when you say you're studying tech and pop music, do they let you focus on different genres for your study?

The 'pop' in the course title pretty much refers to anything that isn't experimental or classical. So yeah, I've made electronic, metal and rock tracks for my coursework.

That's pretty cool. I should've done something music related at uni. Wanted to do the production class at school but they didn't run it that year for some reason.

Unrelated, has anyone done a treble bleed mod to one of their guitars, and if so does it actually make much of a difference?

There was an audio production course that I wanted to take, but I couldn't fit it in because of other requirements. No idea what it actually covered, but it probably would've been more useful (to me) than the introductory music course I took. I went in knowing most of the vocabulary (mainly due to having guitar lessons prior) but we also covered a bit of music history. I can't say I remember much of what I learned in that area though.

I have tried it, and I believe Phill's favourite classic T has one. It does make a slight difference, but I didn't like the effect overall. Turning down while playing clean does what you'd expect (less volume but similar amount of brightness) but I really didn't like the effect it had when playing distorted. It thins out the sound a lot.

That's the good thing about the standard wiring. I think the fact that it's a bit darker when turning down while playing distorted helps fill the sound out a bit (if that makes sense)

A course can be a good primer, but there's nothing better than working in studios.

Most of the practical stuff I learned I got from volunteering in commercial studios.

And yes, depending on your amp it can make a big difference. I'd use a resistor in series too, otherwise it can mess with the taper.

Even if you have zero experience? I'd want to at least not know nothing before volunteering. Better tweet Dom etc.

The 'pop' in the course title pretty much refers to anything that isn't experimental or classical. So yeah, I've made electronic, metal and rock tracks for my coursework.

I see. That's good that it allows you to do pretty much anything besides experimental or classical - I guess it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to be restricted to one style.

And if you wish to do experimental or classical styles there are modules for that. One of the second year modules allows you to record a string quartet or brass instruments and practically combine the two.

Uni hosts the HMCF which is happening now, basically a load of crazy experimental and contemporary classical musicians playing their compositions.

I have tried it, and I believe Phill's favourite classic T has one. It does make a slight difference, but I didn't like the effect overall. Turning down while playing clean does what you'd expect (less volume but similar amount of brightness) but I really didn't like the effect it had when playing distorted. It thins out the sound a lot.

That's the good thing about the standard wiring. I think the fact that it's a bit darker when turning down while playing distorted helps fill the sound out a bit (if that makes sense)

I imagine the thinner distorted sound is more noticeable with a single coil, rather than a humbucker? Yeah it makes sense, might try it anyway at some point since it's a really simple mod. Putting a tone control on the bridge pickup could help add some thickness back if it doesn't sound that great... or I could leave it as it is now.

Just arrived. :D

How is it? Definitely on the list for when I completely redo my board.

MB bought an acoustic guitar

apparently this means we're getting an acoustic album next.

Looks like he's playing an A, but what does it mean? Album title being "ACE" confirmed I guess.

I imagine the thinner distorted sound is more noticeable with a single coil, rather than a humbucker? Yeah it makes sense, might try it anyway at some point since it's a really simple mod. Putting a tone control on the bridge pickup could help add some thickness back if it doesn't sound that great... or I could leave it as it is now.

Looks like he's playing an A, but what does it mean? Album title being "ACE" confirmed I guess.

Maybe, but the effect it has should be the same anyway. Be careful though... you'll end up deviating too far from the original project like I did with the Irncaster™

Add an extra tone pot, magic clipping diodes, and then something to bypass everything :facepalm:

As a Muse fan, I respectfully disagree. It wouldn't be called ACE unless he was playing an A minor chord in the picture.

Good news though. He can play city of delusion again now that he's got this guitar.

Maybe, but the effect it has should be the same anyway. Be careful though... you'll end up deviating too far from the original project like I did with the Irncaster™

Add an extra tone pot, magic clipping diodes, and then something to bypass everything :facepalm:

As a Muse fan, I respectfully disagree. It wouldn't be called ACE unless he was playing an A minor chord in the picture.

Good news though. He can play city of delusion again now that he's got this guitar.

I'm more likely to solder the wrong things together :LOL:

True, but AC#E would look ridiculous on an album cover.

I'm more likely to solder the wrong things together :LOL:

True, but AC#E would look ridiculous on an album cover.

It happens.

What if it was a two part album? One with major chords and one with minor chords?

Those are the chords they must have been talking about in the NME interview back when musecasters got his guitar signed. #relevant

Hi mansons I know a good idea for a guitar I don't mind if you use the idea but hopefully I was wanting you to give the idea to Matt Bellamy to see if he likes it and what it is,is just a gloss finish black MA-1 evo with gold pulsing lights to make it look like electricity running through the body of the guitar and add a fuzz factory and sustainer to it so pretty much it would suit the song plug in baby when Matt plays it live. Please get back to me on the idea and if you spoken to the best guitarist in the world about it

I think he must have been the one who posted in main muse the other day.

Oh its lovely.

Its replacing an RV6, which is probably a better choice if all the options of the Big Sky aren't necessary in all honesty. Only issues I've had so far is that it doesn't seem to switch very cleanly* and I wish the gated reverb was trashier, but Lexicon have that nailed.

*Though I'm intending to use it on an aux send on a mixer.

Edited by haze015

Jaicen

Any idea if the schaller bridges (like on the delorean) exist, but without the piezo? In other words, it would just be for looks. I know you can buy the roller bridges like this, but I'm not sure if the graphtech saddles exist

schaller-roller-bridge-chrome-2-560x400.jpg

?

edit: I am a liar