Do I have to decide now? I'm not completely sure if I'm coming over again next year, but I don't know how fast the tickets sell out

It would be my very first festival experience though.

As above, I'm considering going if I end up visiting again next year. I hope prophets of rage play too... especially since Bs wouldn't meet me at Mansons that time because of his tight schedule.

It's ok though. I probably would've been really nervous... but he would've done all the talking anyway.

:LOL:

I'm tempted by Leeds, but it's 200 odd quid for camping and there's not many other bands i'd like to see. HOWEVER, and i can't believe nobody has mentioned this, ATDI are playing. I would love to see them, so if Prophets announce, that makes a holy trinity and i'll have to go.

Do they do single day tickets for Reading or Leeds? I'm tempted to go on the tiny chance that Muse pull a 2011, but with BH&R.

Do I have to decide now? I'm not completely sure if I'm coming over again next year, but I don't know how fast the tickets sell out

Nando's and Mansons will lure you back. Apparently tickets are usually still available until a couple of weeks before.

I have no idea. I spy three diodes in parallel, so in guessing it's a big muff derivative, but there's also a lone He diode, so I'm not sure. Can you give me a clue?!

Will check that vid shortly.

It's meant to be an ultimate octave (modified foxx tone machine from what I understand) without the octave up option. Only getting some really light overdrive/fuzz from it.

The new song is pretty good I thought. I don't think they'll have the same energy as they did here, but that's expected I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2tWC8k-UzI

Damn, that would have been my next guess. And no, sounds like it's not working right, you should have more fuzz than you know what to do with.

Can we just ask ATDI to tour Relationship of Command again?

Yeah definitely. I can't tell what's going on, but it sounds nothing like you'd expect.

It also has this weird background noise which increases in pitch the longer it's on. I've only had that happen with one other pedal, but I can't remember which one or why. Not sure if it's related to the PSU or not, but it shouldn't be.

Are they on twitter? If so, you know what to do.

No idea. Budding hobbyist? (£100?)

Ok. If you can budget for a Electro-Voice RE20, that'd be perfect. There is the cheaper RE-320, but don't know enough about it, but both are well beyond £100.

Otherwise popular dynamic kick and guitar amp microphones are within your budget, or can be found easily second hand for that money. Kick mics do tend to have a smile-esque curve to them, so are far from flat. Trusty old SM57s are actually flatter in response in comparison, but can only use them rammed up against the grille for bass amps due to its low-end roll off.

Worth a read if you haven't come across it already: https://web.archive.org/web/20150608005446/http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar99/articles/recordingbass.htm

Damn, can't say I've seen that guitar thrown around much, certainly not that vigorously.

So sad.

I guess you don't want to see that video where he threw it up in the air. You can hear the sound of the chrome finish disintegrating when it hit the ground...

Also, this just gives me another reason to dislike JB

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/joe-bonamassa-hits-bouncer-rare-1951-fender-harassing-fan/30340

Fair enough if you don't like how the venue is treating the fans, but hitting security on the head with a guitar... I'm sure he could have handled it better, even if it was an axl rose style tantrum.

It's not just that, but essentially bragging about it on instagram afterwards (and of course, pointing out that it was a 1951 nocaster for the adult males on TGP...)

That's assault. Prick. And no, not sure I do. Or do I?

And Shadowkay, if you're on a budget, stop ducking about and just DI the bass. You will get much, much better results than a cheap Mic on a (guessing) budget cab, especially if you use some good prostate processing.

That's assault. Prick. And no, not sure I do. Or do I?

And Shadowkay, if you're on a budget, stop ducking about and just DI the bass. You will get much, much better results than a cheap Mic on a (guessing) budget cab, especially if you use some good prostate processing.

If anything, you can just go DI + SM57. Not ideal, but it works.

This advert just came up on my Facebook timeline. IT'S EVERYWHERE

What's the guitar on the right? Have you been looking at 51 nocasters???

That guitar's too pretty to throw :(. Still one of my favourites.

Not as bad as using a 65 year old Fender (or any guitar really) as a weapon though... only a complete fuckwit would do that.

Yeah, smacking someone with a guitar that probably cost a small fortune isn't exactly rock n roll.

I know Keith Richards did something similar with a tele, but that was because the guy was running towards him on stage. Plus it was a 70s tele, and those are worthless apparently. :facepalm:

And no, not sure I do. Or do I?

Do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycAxUQcEspQ

Are they?????

:$

Of course not, otherwise my strat from the same year would also be worthless. It just depends who you ask - there seems to be a myth that 70s Fenders are horrible guitars, but that usually only comes from people who have played a single poor example. Or not played one at all and are repeating what they've heard from someone else on the internet.