I meant the diff between the current models and the one that's being introduced. But like you say, they're the same really aren't they.

A world of Toanz innit.

When does Honeyburst arrive?

oh right. yeah pretty much.

Since copper infused ToneBlocks™ are no longer legit, what do you think of these?

http://g-gotoh.com/international/product/ev510t-fe.html

Not that I'm planning a build which could potentially include this, because that would be totally expected.

And not until mid december. Having a bit of work done first... don't worry, no internal kaoss box or anything.

Details! My inbox is ready.

Trem looks interesting, I wonder what that FST thing is like? I guess it results in less tension on the saddles as the break angle is less than the regular 90 degrees. A lot less metal there though.

Of course i'd buy the densest, largest milled steel block I could :facepalm:

Details! My inbox is ready.

Trem looks interesting, I wonder what that FST thing is like? I guess it results in less tension on the saddles as the break angle is less than the regular 90 degrees. A lot less metal there though.

Of course i'd buy the densest, largest milled steel block I could :facepalm:

Sorry to disappoint your inbox - it's basically what I mentioned before with the black pick guard, but with a single coil in the middle which needs to be ordered (this is what's delaying it). I'm not bothered though, but I know you want to see the finished product... #soonbutnotyet

And that's what I'm curious about. If I got one (hypothetically) it would probably be with the larger block in the second picture, but I wouldn't think the difference would be massive. I've switched out blocks before, and the difference in sound definitely wasn't worth the price of the new block...

No way, the crystalline lattice in a proper steel block gives you the ultimate harmonic excitation. Cannot be beaten.

I am not disappointed, except for the black part. Thought you had gone mad and had a refin. I'd put proper steel saddles on it too,

No way, the crystalline lattice in a proper steel block gives you the ultimate harmonic excitation. Cannot be beaten.

I am not disappointed, except for the black part. Thought you had gone mad and had a refin. I'd put proper steel saddles on it too,

Really? Maybe my ears aren't tuned properly. I upgraded the saddles and sustain block on a bridge a while back (the guitar has been sold since), and really didn't notice much of a difference. These were some proper fancy ones as well - pressed steel saddles like the ones from the 60s (when I started playing) and a massive heavy block with whatever fancy specs like the old ones. For what those cost, I wouldn't do it again. The guitar still sounded average at best, even after those upgrades. #hype

It's weird. One of the best sounding strats I've ever played is this '73. No upgrades or anything, so probably has the cheaper hardware that TGP despises for no logical reason...

And I'm really only adding the black plastic bits because of the pickups. Otherwise it probably would've stayed white. And I might do that, but I do think they will look nice with the black plastic parts...I never switch the saddles out because I'm breaking strings or because I don't like the sound. It's always because the black ones look nicer in some cases.

QOTSA @ 2:45

You know me so well.

I recall the guitarist from turbowolf uses these pedals. Not sure which ones exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY7zqDemqZo

So I keep seeing Green Screen Kid pop up on my FB feed and I keep wondering...

Do the original GSK videos exist somewhere?

James I'm sure you of all people are most likely to know. I really miss those videos

I'm sure Niel has all of them saved. He looks at GSK videos the way I look at Bs posts.

But to answer your question, the Facebook page that his original fans started might still be up.

So that frankentele guitar center special just came back from being plek'd with the new neck.

It does play pretty well, and they got the action really low without any noise...

DjrWPg0.jpg

might actually have to raise it a bit, as I'm not used to this at all.

Was it worth the expenditure?

In this case, yes. But it was a new neck that needed work anyway. I probably wouldn't do it on everything though, unless I wanted it to play at an unusually low action. Apparently this translates to 1.5mm on bass side, and just below 1.3mm on treble... and I requested medium action, expecting something closer to how I usually set it!

I'm slightly tempted to send in the irncaster™ as that was really just thrown together. It plays alright though - certainly better than I had expected, but for some reason it's struggling to stay in tune right now. Might just need new strings though.

I am unsure whether to get the Kemper Remote or some other MIDI footswitch (liquid pro because I am Muse fanboi, but not rich enough for the mastermind).

Kemper is cheaper, works straight off with the Kemper (obviously). However if I ever decide to delve more into a whole rack of shit and want to control other shit by MIDI, aka Whammy then the Kemper Remote cannae do that

I am unsure whether to get the Kemper Remote or some other MIDI footswitch (liquid pro because I am Muse fanboi, but not rich enough for the mastermind).

Kemper is cheaper, works straight off with the Kemper (obviously). However if I ever decide to delve more into a whole rack of shit and want to control other shit by MIDI, aka Whammy then the Kemper Remote cannae do that

Do you really need to control a Whammy by MIDI?

If you haven't got any other gear with MIDI, then it seems kind of pointless to worry about it as its very much a full on pro-thing anyway. Finely tuned-presets and immediate switching doesn't matter much in poor sounding small venues.

Do you really need to control a Whammy by MIDI?

If you haven't got any other gear with MIDI, then it seems kind of pointless to worry about it as its very much a full on pro-thing anyway. Finely tuned-presets and immediate switching doesn't matter much in poor sounding small venues.

Absolutely not! It's all purely for self indulgence. And when I'm in venues I'm either behind the desk or side of stage rather than performing. I've just always liked the idea of building a full rack mounted guitar rig, just for shits and gigs

It doesn't need justifying. "I want to" is perfectly legitimate reasoning.

Well yeah, but if someone has to ask...

Absolutely not! It's all purely for self indulgence. And when I'm in venues I'm either behind the desk or side of stage rather than performing. I've just always liked the idea of building a full rack mounted guitar rig, just for shits and gigs

That's fair enough. If its something you'd like to do, then go for it.

You can get the FCB1010 for £90. Might be a cheap way into this sort of setup: https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/foot-switch/behringer-fcb1010-midi-foot-switch?gclid=CNXN7_PwptACFfQK0wodQq8FVQ

Edited by haze015

Anybody get a chance to play one of these? I took a chance because I've been working on a pedal rig to play at church. It's unreal how good it is.

I backed the internal trim pot down to about 40% and with the gain knob on zero it's Clapton dream tone and on max it as good as any amp I've played.

Expensive but a very grown up tone, not fizzbox at all.

IMG_8755.thumb.JPG.6bf2a85259f0a5eab1d8370596e3ebf0.JPG

Anybody get a chance to play one of these? I took a chance because I've been working on a pedal rig to play at church. It's unreal how good it is.

I backed the internal trim pot down to about 40% and with the gain knob on zero it's Clapton dream tone and on max it as good as any amp I've played.

Expensive but a very grown up tone, not fizzbox at all.

sherpa_man did.

I have one, and I actually had a BE-100 up until recently (sold it, but intend to replace it with the newest version next year)

I don't know if it's just mine, but it has this really strange high end that I can only eliminate by turning treble all the way down and adding any brightness with presence (which really doesn't sound good either). I've also turned the gain trim down to about 25%, but that doesn't really change the sound.

I will say this much. The demos on youtube make it sound loads better than it does in real life. It's not a bad sounding pedal, but I think for that modded Marshall sort of thing, there might be better choices... unless you specifically want 65% of a BE-100 sound in a $200 pedal, which I guess is good enough?

I'm quite interested in this for a distortion pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7BPCBpf7M

Jaicen

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/pre-owned-1962-fender-duo-sonic-in-sunburst-9129

That finish is obnoxious. I love it.

Also, going back to distortion peddles for a minute:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/VH4/overdrive-pedals/diezel-vh4-overdrivepreamp-pedal

That's a burst alright!

My clean tone is pretty dark before I add anything to it. The funny thing is when i was running an Einstein or a VH4 I rarely left any pedals in my chain.

I do agree that the BE-OD is oversold in some of the videos and I'm probably not totally honest with myself because my always on signal these days is a Keeley Comp and a Wampler Tumnus, so maybe I just need 65% of the tone?

I would love to demo a few of the new amp in a box pedals, I did get a chance to try the Bogner uber one and was not impressed at all. Every time I see the VH4 pedals I ask myself if they model channel 3 or 4 and if they have the EL34 or the KT77 power section?

Jaicen

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/pre-owned-1962-fender-duo-sonic-in-sunburst-9129

That finish is obnoxious. I love it.

Also, going back to distortion peddles for a minute:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/VH4/overdrive-pedals/diezel-vh4-overdrivepreamp-pedal

Finally a pedal that sounds more MB than a fuzz factory. Didn't Diezel annnounce something like that a few years ago at NAMM? I don't remember hearing about it after that though.