It's so ridiculous/brilliant.

Brilliantly ridiculous or ridiculously brilliant?

Also, I'm guessing this is all bass with no guitar. Is it a coincidence that Chris is playing a gretsch?

Jaicen, did you get a chance to inspect everything? It's almost after breakfast.

Also, I'm guessing this is all bass with no guitar. Is it a coincidence that Chris is playing a gretsch?

Jaicen, did you get a chance to inspect everything? It's almost after breakfast.

#soon

#soon

Did you see these? Apparently the American Standards have been discontinued and replaced with American... Professionals :wtf: Looks like very little has changed spec wise though

7NCijvS.png

z8ipfBu.png

aXlCrrZ.png

On a side note, I've sent that tele off to be plek'd. It definitely needed the nut cut properly, but I have no idea about fretwork. Probably wasn't too bad though.

A bit of both :LOL:

Rich Costey said on twitter that it's just bass, so the gretsch must've been chosen because of that

A bit of both :LOL:

Rich Costey said on twitter that it's just bass, so the gretsch must've been chosen because of that

Exactly

Rich Costey has twitter? And I don't know if it was for the sound, or if it was a nod to Mike from the band Royal Blood.

Probably neither, as Chris' looks like a high end model of some sort.

Edit:

I'm sorry, but I need to rant for a second. Why does flash player have to be updated every other day? Fucking hell.

Exactly

Rich Costey has twitter? And I don't know if it was for the sound, or if it was a nod to Mike from the band Royal Blood.

Probably neither, as Chris' looks like a high end model of some sort.

Looks like this one? http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/bass/g6128b-thunder-jet-short-scale-bass-tv-jones-pickups-black

Edit:

I'm sorry, but I need to rant for a second. Why does flash player have to be updated every other day? Fucking hell.

You should activate HTML5 player for youtube, then disable flash. :D

Did you see these? Apparently the American Standards have been discontinued and replaced with American... Professionals :wtf: Looks like very little has changed spec wise though

7NCijvS.png

z8ipfBu.png

aXlCrrZ.png

On a side note, I've sent that tele off to be plek'd. It definitely needed the nut cut properly, but I have no idea about fretwork. Probably wasn't too bad though.

When did that happen?? I played a USA HSS just before i demo'd your new Manson. I wasn't that impressed. It had the new Shawbucker which I liked, but the neck and middle were abemic in comparison and the shawbucker squealed like a pig when I hit the red channel at very modest volume. I couldn't gig it I don't think. Very disappointed as had quite a nice open PAF tone.

Saw something about the American Fenders the other week but forgot about it, are they just renaming the series and tweaking the odd thing?

Also, that moment when you look at a pedal online, go to buy it a couple of hours later and find that the price has gone up by about 30% :facepalm:

Hey everyone, quick question. If I have a pedal with a dial that normally clicks between two settings, but now when I move the dial the setting doesn't change, is there anything I can do to sort it with no knowledge or skill of pedal repair or anything or am I stuck? It's an EHX nano style pedal if that helps. I think it was pretty cheap so. I could probably get a new one without too much trouble (it's just my line selector pedal) but it's a bit inconvenient at the moment. I tried clicking it back and forth but with no luck and I'm not sure if I can access anything else without breaking the pedal completely.

Looks like this one? http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/bass/g6128b-thunder-jet-short-scale-bass-tv-jones-pickups-black

You should activate HTML5 player for youtube, then disable flash. :D

yeah might be.

And wouldn't I have to do that for every website that uses flash? It's not just youtube that causes flash to throw a tantrum if it's not updated right away

When did that happen?? I played a USA HSS just before i demo'd your new Manson. I wasn't that impressed. It had the new Shawbucker which I liked, but the neck and middle were abemic in comparison and the shawbucker squealed like a pig when I hit the red channel at very modest volume. I couldn't gig it I don't think. Very disappointed as had quite a nice open PAF tone.

It hasn't yet. I'm curious about this shawbucker. Is it Shaw as in Tim Shaw, who designed those PAF type pickups for gibson in the 80s?

Also, on a somewhat related note, that supermassive I bought doesn't seem to be potted properly. I was playing with a backing track yesterday, and if I switched to that pickup, it would start coming through the amp.

Saw something about the American Fenders the other week but forgot about it, are they just renaming the series and tweaking the odd thing?

Also, that moment when you look at a pedal online, go to buy it a couple of hours later and find that the price has gone up by about 30% :facepalm:

#australia

And yes, as far as I can tell, unless they've done some other upgrades that we can't see in the pictures. The case does look a bit fancier too, but I haven't had one of the recent ones, so I don't know if that's new or not.

Hey everyone, quick question. If I have a pedal with a dial that normally clicks between two settings, but now when I move the dial the setting doesn't change, is there anything I can do to sort it with no knowledge or skill of pedal repair or anything or am I stuck? It's an EHX nano style pedal if that helps. I think it was pretty cheap so. I could probably get a new one without too much trouble (it's just my line selector pedal) but it's a bit inconvenient at the moment. I tried clicking it back and forth but with no luck and I'm not sure if I can access anything else without breaking the pedal completely.

Hi Bs,

It sounds like your knob is broken. Did you step on it by accident?

I'd replace it anyway. Maybe with something a bit better - is this the EHX switchblade? How is it being used in your setup exactly?

Yes, that Shaw. He's 'designed' the shawbucker to be the same as a hundred other paf copies, and left it imported. I suspect it would sound great into a deluxe or something like that. I just found the whole package uninspiring, and the microphonics issue is a deal breaker for me.

How loud were you playing the backing track? That's pretty funny and I'm sure it shouldn't be doing that. Could be a loose base plate.

Yes, that Shaw. He's 'designed' the shawbucker to be the same as a hundred other paf copies, and left it imported. I suspect it would sound great into a deluxe or something like that. I just found the whole package uninspiring, and the microphonics issue is a deal breaker for me.

How loud were you playing the backing track? That's pretty funny and I'm sure it shouldn't be doing that. Could be a loose base plate.

But then... why do those 80's pickups sell for so much? I have a set in my LP, and I could probably sell them for 1/3 of what I paid for the guitar. At least. They do sound a bit nicer than the other PAF type pickups I've tried though. Well, most of them.

And not that loud. Maybe it has to do with the different pole piece screws they put in (might not have been a perfect fit?)

Interesting... you can get this for about five grand less than the smashed up MB guitar. Surely EVH is a bigger name when it comes to guitars?

https://www.themusiczoo.com/collections/used-vintage-guitars/products/used-2012-charvel-evh-art-series-electric-guitar-black-yellow

Although he did rip off the tapping bit from reapers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7XOlPWsN8

Hmm still not a bargain is it.

Also, it's happened. My amp has sold :eek:

I wouldn't consider it a bargain, but considering the amount of people still chasing his tone and that are stuck in the 80's in general, it will sell. There are three, and one has already sold.

Wait, what? Good timing...

Also, unrelated, but I'm completely reworking my picking technique...again. I've found economy picking a bit cleaner sounding, and easier to use in general, but I need to build up some strength in some areas compared to alternate picking.

Hi Bs,

It sounds like your knob is broken. Did you step on it by accident?

I'd replace it anyway. Maybe with something a bit better - is this the EHX switchblade? How is it being used in your setup exactly?

Nope, it just stopped working one day. I was using it as an extra effects loop to take the Kaoss/MIDI stuff out of the signal path when I didn't want to use it, as there was a bit of a difference in audio clarity. I'll have to get something else I guess. Might also think about moving my Loop Station along as I've still never got round to using it as much as I intended to. Not sure yet though.

Nope, it just stopped working one day. I was using it as an extra effects loop to take the Kaoss/MIDI stuff out of the signal path when I didn't want to use it, as there was a bit of a difference in audio clarity. I'll have to get something else I guess. Might also think about moving my Loop Station along as I've still never got round to using it as much as I intended to. Not sure yet though.

You might be better with an LS-2 since they're nearly indestructible. I used to have one for putting my kaoss pad in/out and it worked pretty well.

Jaicen, I'm confused again. It appears that this USA professional thing was released, then discontinued, then released again but as a replacement for the USA standard.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-usa-professional-stratocaster-hss-electric-guitar

That's the one from 2015. This seems like the sort of thing Gibson would do... #innovation

although, since it's hardly different (from what I can tell), I don't think people will be too upset.

Also, they finished the plek job on my tele. Quite a bit more than a standard setup, so I doubt I'll have this done often.

So what's the difference between that and this apart from the S1

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/fender-american-standard-stratocaster-hss-shawbucker-3-colour-sunburst-maple-fingerboard-8917

This is the one I was talking about. I have played those fat 50's singles in a cs guitar and liked them more. Must be the body timber I guess.

Where does/did the professional sit in the range? Don't get it maybe nobody could tell them apart from the deluxes and standards and thy didn't sell. Assume they were priced higher?

So what's the difference between that and this apart from the S1

https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/fender-american-standard-stratocaster-hss-shawbucker-3-colour-sunburst-maple-fingerboard-8917

This is the one I was talking about. I have played those fat 50's singles in a cs guitar and liked them more. Must be the body timber I guess.

Where does/did the professional sit in the range? Don't get it maybe nobody could tell them apart from the deluxes and standards and thy didn't sell. Assume they were priced higher?

That and the shawbucker apparently. Finishes might be different too.

And which one? The 2015 professional I linked appears to be more or less in the same range as the US standard... which is why they're replacing the US standard with the professional :erm:

Also, how difficult is it to change magnets on a pickup? I have something I want to try with the duncan 59 in the irncaster.

That and the shawbucker apparently. Finishes might be different too.

And which one? The 2015 professional I linked appears to be more or less in the same range as the US standard... which is why they're replacing the US standard with the professional :erm:

Also, how difficult is it to change magnets on a pickup? I have something I want to try with the duncan 59 in the irncaster.

Which one what? I'm more confused now.

At the end of the day, they're just strats aren't they. Love the ad-blurb about the 'copper infused' sustain block, as if that's a positive :rolleyes:

Magnets can be easy, or hard depending on how they're mounted. In theory, they should just slide out from under the bobbins as they shouldn't be in contact with the polepieces. Depending on the potting material, this may be easy or it may be hard. I have a feeling Duncan glue their magnets in though. I guess there's no harm in trying it, I doubt you'd break anything.

Which one what? I'm more confused now.

At the end of the day, they're just strats aren't they. Love the ad-blurb about the 'copper infused' sustain block, as if that's a positive :rolleyes:

Magnets can be easy, or hard depending on how they're mounted. In theory, they should just slide out from under the bobbins as they shouldn't be in contact with the polepieces. Depending on the potting material, this may be easy or it may be hard. I have a feeling Duncan glue their magnets in though. I guess there's no harm in trying it, I doubt you'd break anything.

I meant the "old" professional from last year, or the one that's being released #soon

and what's wrong with copper infused sustain? it could be worse I gess. Like that preview that gibson did for their 2014 line. Looks like a 13 year old wrote it based on the wording alone.

maybe, but never underestimate boring_moderator when it comes to damaging things by experiment.

edit:

Access a World of Tones:

The innovative tuned coil tap affects only certain frequencies to provide standard tapped sounds and various scooped midrange timbres. In fact, switchable tuned coil taps on the neck and bridge pickups deliver eight different, unique pickup sounds without any kind of active circuitry or equalization—and maintain most of the pickup’s humbucking properties, too.

#innovation

Edited by james90