Also, anyone want to pay £20,000 for a smashed up Wolfgang?

I just checked to see what you meant.

Fucks sake. :facepalm: It has to be worth less than that to begin with, but also because it's been repaired, so it isn't exactly in the same state that it was when it left MB

Makes Frenchsockman8000euros look like a bargain.

I could see it making a couple of grand, but 20? GTFO.

Especially since he lowered the price to 4900 euros at one point.

Jaicen. Are you familiar with the plek? I've only had one setup done on it several years ago, but I'm considering doing it again. Not sure if it's worth it though... close to $300...

I'm not really, sorry. I understand the process and stuff but I think a quality luthier will do as good, if not better to be honest.

I think the only advantage with Plek is that it's consistent and cost effective for production.

A good luthier will cost $150-200 though?

I'm not really, sorry. I understand the process and stuff but I think a quality luthier will do as good, if not better to be honest.

I think the only advantage with Plek is that it's consistent and cost effective for production.

A good luthier will cost $150-200 though?

Hmm not sure then. I had one done several years ago, and it plays pretty well, but whether or not it's better than a good luthier setup I'm not sure

If you're including fret and nut work, then that sounds about right. A standard setup is usually in the $75 range, but I usually just do that myself.

I think that Plek'd guitars are great but a good luthier can work with you on setup in a way that it helps your technique and playing for the same amount of money or less. That being said a bad setup and bad attitude from your tech is a complete waste of money.

I think that Plek'd guitars are great but a good luthier can work with you on setup in a way that it helps your technique and playing for the same amount of money or less. That being said a bad setup and bad attitude from your tech is a complete waste of money.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering about. Not everyone likes their guitar setup the same way.

And that was a bit random. Have you had a bad experience with a tech too? I've had a few at this point...Worst one had to be the last one. Just wanted a basic setup, nut work, and slight fret leveling.

I won't tell the whole story, but there was some yelling and swearing involved (from him) and my guitar came back with an issue it didn't have before. Wouldn't give this guy a second chance based on his attitude alone.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering about. Not everyone likes their guitar setup the same way.

And that was a bit random. Have you had a bad experience with a tech too? I've had a few at this point...Worst one had to be the last one. Just wanted a basic setup, nut work, and slight fret leveling.

I won't tell the whole story, but there was some yelling and swearing involved (from him) and my guitar came back with an issue it didn't have before. Wouldn't give this guy a second chance based on his attitude alone.

I have paid for work that was a complete joke and I just didn't know any better at the time. After I made friends with one of the best vintage repair guys in my state and learned so much about the craft. I've gotten to see touring guitars and amps on the bench and it completely demystified it for me. I just can't ignore the personality in setup, for me the plek is just a fancy crown and level.

I won't tell the whole story, but there was some yelling and swearing involved (from him) and my guitar came back with an issue it didn't have before.

Sounds very professional :LOL:. I've only ever had good experiences with techs, even the time the guy left a washer inside the guitar's cavity.

Anyone looked at the new TC electronic pedals? They seem a bit of a bargain... might be time to finally get a flanger :eek:.

I have paid for work that was a complete joke and I just didn't know any better at the time. After I made friends with one of the best vintage repair guys in my state and learned so much about the craft. I've gotten to see touring guitars and amps on the bench and it completely demystified it for me. I just can't ignore the personality in setup, for me the plek is just a fancy crown and level.

Yeah me too. Years ago I took a guitar in to have the fret edges sorted, and... well, I don't think they're supposed to remove part of the fretboard edge in the process.

What did you find different about the touring guitars you've seen? I've not really seen many if I'm honest, and only one that was still in the artist's possession. Nothing unusual about it from what I remember.

Apparently in the shop here they have a guitar that once belonged to EVH. It's not one that I've actually seen him play (I'm sure he had several ones with the stripes) but I'm curious if the action is really as low as people have said.

Sounds very professional :LOL:. I've only ever had good experiences with techs, even the time the guy left a washer inside the guitar's cavity.

Anyone looked at the new TC electronic pedals? They seem a bit of a bargain... might be time to finally get a flanger :eek:.

Yeah, and it wasn't even related to the guitars. It's because I rang the bell to come in, he didn't answer, and then he came out yelling as to why I didn't come in :facepalm:

And I've seen those. Intriguing... but wasn't behringer taking them over?

Do it, the guitarist in my band has one. It's outstanding.

I guess that's that then

Yeah me too. Years ago I took a guitar in to have the fret edges sorted, and... well, I don't think they're supposed to remove part of the fretboard edge in the process.

What did you find different about the touring guitars you've seen? I've not really seen many if I'm honest, and only one that was still in the artist's possession. Nothing unusual about it from what I remember.

Apparently in the shop here they have a guitar that once belonged to EVH. It's not one that I've actually seen him play (I'm sure he had several ones with the stripes) but I'm curious if the action is really as low as people have said.

The vast majority of them I played were super boring, but I never really appreciated the blues and country guys as much as I probably should have. Usually most stories about guitars owned by famous people are way out of proportion.

The vast majority of them I played were super boring, but I never really appreciated the blues and country guys as much as I probably should have. Usually most stories about guitars owned by famous people are way out of proportion.

What do you mean about the blues and country guys? And name some names (unless you're sworn to secrecy!)

It is, but I can understand why some would be curious if they get something extra special from the manufacturer, or when it comes to old guitars, if they hunt down a proper nice example instead of an average one.

But no, the guitars themselves don't seem any different, and in some cases, they're not even in good shape from heavy use and not being maintained properly. Still, I haven't seen that many, so I can't make a fair judgement I guess.

Do it, the guitarist in my band has one. It's outstanding.

Is that one of the vortex pedals? The zero through thing on them seems pretty cool.

And I've seen those. Intriguing... but wasn't behringer taking them over?

Yeah it was behringer, must explain why the new pedals are like £50. Hmm...

Yeah it was behringer, must explain why the new pedals are like £50. Hmm...

I'm still tempted to try one. Doesn't seem like they've hit the US though... hopefully for a different reason than the bugera amps.

Also, always find these fascinating. Didn't notice the tempo change (around 2:05) as much in the actual recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlH3m3HkAI

I'm still tempted to try one. Doesn't seem like they've hit the US though... hopefully for a different reason than the bugera amps.

Also, always find these fascinating. Didn't notice the tempo change (around 2:05) as much in the actual recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAlH3m3HkAI

Same. Andertons seem to have them now so it probably won't be long before they're in the US.

And speaking of stuff that stands out in guitar only tracks

[YT]

[/YT]

The little ascending run in the background at 2:59 and 3:09. (and any excuse to post that video).

What do you mean about the blues and country guys? And name some names (unless you're sworn to secrecy!)

It is, but I can understand why some would be curious if they get something extra special from the manufacturer, or when it comes to old guitars, if they hunt down a proper nice example instead of an average one.

But no, the guitars themselves don't seem any different, and in some cases, they're not even in good shape from heavy use and not being maintained properly. Still, I haven't seen that many, so I can't make a fair judgement I guess.

A lot of the time I wouldn't get a name, he'd just say a big country band. I mean that I should have made a bigger deal because it wasn't a rock or metal guy. I have heard his story about selling a nocaster to John 5, I played Bugs Henderson's 85 PRS standard 24 and got to handle a few of Doyle Dyke's smoking custom Taylors. I was kind of impressed by a Hammer that was a Rick Neilson tourer.

Same. Andertons seem to have them now so it probably won't be long before they're in the US.

Good good

I wouldn't know what to expect. I rushed to buy a nova delay back when behringer bought them (coincidentally, the price dropped at that time for some odd reason, so it was a right bargain) but I don't know how it will affect the existing pedals. I've had a flashback on my board for a few years now and it's great.

And this is one of my favorites. So much crunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkTVtFxriA

Nothing really surprised me about this one, except the solo bit, which I always thought was played on the bridge pickup (seems to be in the middle position) and it's much lower gain than the rest of the guitars.

I'd love to hear a QOTSA isolated track, but this is the only one I can find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOjv2srpqxE

A lot of the time I wouldn't get a name, he'd just say a big country band. I mean that I should have made a bigger deal because it wasn't a rock or metal guy. I have heard his story about selling a nocaster to John 5, I played Bugs Henderson's 85 PRS standard 24 and got to handle a few of Doyle Dyke's smoking custom Taylors. I was kind of impressed by a Hammer that was a Rick Neilson tourer.

big country band... I honestly don't know any big country bands, so it could be anyone really. But yeah I get what you mean.

As for me, I haven't got a whole lot to mention, unless there are some that I've played or owned that have a history that I'm unaware of.

When I was in Manson's the time before last, they had Pete and Carl's guitars in. I didn't play them.

#tenuouslink

the melody maker with the broken headstock?

You're just trying to make me jealous. I've seen quite a few of MB's guitars up close (presented by MB himself), but I was much more fascinated by the #NotForSales

eWQ2bPY.jpg

nC2wkt1.jpg

Yeah, and I think Carl's Epiphone Wilshere(?) was there too, i'm sure Hugh mentioned knowing someone who'd like that. He took that off the wall and took it into the back whilst I was there.

He might have been thinking of you, which would have been awkward (yet convenient) as you were in the shop at that very moment.