I've got a question: how different is the Tele headstock from Manson?

Also:

main_113.jpg

+

brush-alum.jpg

=

main_39.jpg

:facemelt:

You're on to them. Adrian will currently be drafting plans to "get rid" of this problem. I'd be on your guard cider.

Flexing your financial muscle James I'm intrigued. I can feel the bru luring me south.

Final offer: I'll also bring a few bottles that we can have during our cheeky Nando's.

Imagine if Nando's offered IRN BRU... would you eat at Nando's more often?

Also, looks like it's going to be June 22nd to 30th. Just need to do all the booking and write down the different Nando's locations.

Final offer: I'll also bring a few bottles that we can have during our cheeky Nando's.

Also, looks like it's going to be June 22nd to 30th. Just need to do all the booking and write down the different Nando's locations.

If nandos did irn bru they'd be crossing over into a world I doubt they want to be a part of.

But yes, I would go more often.

Those dates are interesting. I'm in Amsterdam the week previous with a few friends, so it's possible that I may be low on funding. I'll do my best.

Macaroon, do IRN BRU stickers exist? I was wondering if you could put one on your guitar... would work quite well if you ask me.

Also, I do wonder what happened to Bobby. Did Jim win him back, or is he still going from shop to shop all over the world?

id4imrX.jpg

Macaroon, do IRN BRU stickers exist? I was wondering if you could put one on your guitar... would work quite well if you ask me.

Or maybe stencilling the logo onto the body? Like the drone guitars.

Both aberdeen ones do, bottles though i'm sure

This is quite a revelation. I'm going to need to investigate. Rumours of a celebratory Nandeggers after my exam on Friday. :ninja:

Dammit James, I was in Exeter for those dates. Last year.

Or maybe stencilling the logo onto the body? Like the drone guitars.

This is quite a revelation. I'm going to need to investigate. Rumours of a celebratory Nandeggers after my exam on Friday. :ninja:

I really have converted you from being "underwhelmed" in Nando's to enjoying it (when no one is looking at least)

What's sad is that I've only been there three times myself. I'll have to go at least five during my next visit, but with stuff like this in Exeter, it'll be difficult

zwlPPb3.jpg

I'll certainly go after breakfast anyway.

and if you don't do that, I'll do it with my vile orange wonky tele. I think the guy who made it is from Scotland actually... but I can't remember if I just assumed that because of his accent.

Dammit James, I was in Exeter for those dates. Last year.

Traveling across the country didn't seem like a big deal to me. Only around three hours one way.

I traveled four hours one way for that last Muse gig, which wasn't even that far away compared (we drive much slower over here as well)

I really have converted you from being "underwhelmed" in Nando's to enjoying it (when no one is looking at least)

What's sad is that I've only been there three times myself. I'll have to go at least five during my next visit, but with stuff like this in Exeter, it'll be difficult

zwlPPb3.jpg

and if you don't do that, I'll do it with my vile orange wonky tele. I think the guy who made it is from Scotland actually... but I can't remember if I just assumed that because of his accent.

Traveling across the country didn't seem like a big deal to me. Only around three hours one way.

I traveled four hours one way for that last Muse gig, which wasn't even that far away compared (we drive much slower over here as well)

But it's the INCONVENIENCE! Exeter is about 5-6 hrs from me.

In all seriousness, I think the UK has distorted views of travel, you guys drive 10hrs for a game of football for example.

I drove 4.5hrs yesterday from Bridgend and doing a round trip next week which will be 9hrs.

tl:dr - not that far.

But it's the INCONVENIENCE! Exeter is about 5-6 hrs from me.

In all seriousness, I think the UK has distorted views of travel, you guys drive 10hrs for a game of football for example.

I drove 4.5hrs yesterday from Bridgend and doing a round trip next week which will be 9hrs.

tl:dr - not that far.

Not all of us are like that

It looks like we'll be getting a few people for the Mansons meet up anyway, and if Macaroon is coming down all the way from Scotland just to have a Nando's....

I've got a question: how different is the Tele headstock from Manson?

Also:

main_113.jpg

+

brush-alum.jpg

=

main_39.jpg

:facemelt:

It's possible to change the telecaster headstock to resemble to the Manson headstock.

I did it on one of my guitars.

1462354992-12540659-1712963855614164-1980962527480084713-n.jpg

Not all of us are like that

It looks like we'll be getting a few people for the Mansons meet up anyway, and if Macaroon is coming down all the way from Scotland just to have a Nando's....

James, stop ruining my cultural stereotyping. I'm in Wales for those dates this year, wonder if I can slip away for a cheeky half day..

What's sad is that I've only been there three times myself. I'll have to go at least five during my next visit, but with stuff like this in Exeter, it'll be difficult.

Traveling across the country didn't seem like a big deal to me. Only around three hours one way. I traveled four hours one way for that last Muse gig, which wasn't even that far away compared (we drive much slower over here as well)

Well James that's just the thing, the food has never been the problem. There's something attached to the act of going to nandos in modern British culture, more often than not it is something that makes you feel a little bit dirty. In Edinburgh the place is crawling with reembots, gymLADS and ballers, none of which I know what they are or how to communicate with them. I have found somewhat of a haven in the Dundee Nandos, hence my comfort in now visiting it. I could go into more detail james but I wouldn't want to taint your next experience of the deggers. You'd spend half your time away from your dombow looking over your shoulder.

And 100%. If it's made in Scotland then it has the biggest claim to a bru stencil there is, more than mine certainly. It must immediately be renamed the Barr Guitarr and slapped with the Bru logo.

The drivers here are mad, I guess we're all used to being within an hour of the next city so we always leave it too late to actually get there. Damn I want to road trip round the states. If anything just so I can say I road tripped round the states like a true frat boi.

To stay slightly on topic, I'm looking into possible routes to mic up my acoustic so I can stop recording stuff on my iPhone 5. Damn ribbon mics are expensive. I want to try a mid-side layout for stereo so I'll need a ribbon figure-8 and a cardioid condenser from what I understand. I'll also need a decent entry level audio interface. It may be time to sell some junk at casa macaroon. Any tips from the resident K&T sound engineers would be lovely.

/bs post

To stay slightly on topic, I'm looking into possible routes to mic up my acoustic so I can stop recording stuff on my iPhone 5. Damn ribbon mics are expensive. I want to try a mid-side layout for stereo so I'll need a ribbon figure-8 and a cardioid condenser from what I understand. I'll also need a decent entry level audio interface. It may be time to sell some junk at casa macaroon. Any tips from the resident K&T sound engineers would be lovely.

/bs post

It has to be one figure-of-8 microphone (doesn't need to be ribbon) and any other microphone, doesn't matter about type or polar pattern, even managed it using the output from a mixer one time. If you can match the microphones, its better.

There are plenty of relatively 'cheap' ribbon mics. Quite liked the MXL R144 when I've used it.

Well James that's just the thing, the food has never been the problem. There's something attached to the act of going to nandos in modern British culture, more often than not it is something that makes you feel a little bit dirty. In Edinburgh the place is crawling with reembots, gymLADS and ballers, none of which I know what they are or how to communicate with them. I have found somewhat of a haven in the Dundee Nandos, hence my comfort in now visiting it. I could go into more detail james but I wouldn't want to taint your next experience of the deggers. You'd spend half your time away from your dombow looking over your shoulder.

And 100%. If it's made in Scotland then it has the biggest claim to a bru stencil there is, more than mine certainly. It must immediately be renamed the Barr Guitarr and slapped with the Bru logo.

The drivers here are mad, I guess we're all used to being within an hour of the next city so we always leave it too late to actually get there. Damn I want to road trip round the states. If anything just so I can say I road tripped round the states like a true frat boi.

/bs post

That's weird. I didn't notice any of those kinds of ladz at the Nando's I went to. But maybe that's because it was 11am and I was the first there :facepalm: It's almost like visiting Mansons... both times I HAD to be there right at 9am

(I really shouldn't be comparing the two)

No idea where it was made, but I'm pretty sure the builder was from Scotland. Maybe that explains why it's IRN BRU orange?

And that's the problem. At the rate we drive at, it takes an hour to get from here to NYC, and that's only about 20 miles :facepalm:

/bs post

Do you have a nice sounding room and a very expensive guitar? If not them you'll get perfectly serviceable results using a pair of regular condensors. I usually go for a bright one on the neck, over shoulder , and a warm one around the body/12th fret.

Try something like an NT1 / mk219 combo

That's weird. I didn't notice any of those kinds of ladz at the Nando's I went to. But maybe that's because it was 11am and I was the first there :facepalm: It's almost like visiting Mansons... both times I HAD to be there right at 9am

(I really shouldn't be comparing the two)

No idea where it was made, but I'm pretty sure the builder was from Scotland. Maybe that explains why it's IRN BRU orange?

And that's the problem. At the rate we drive at, it takes an hour to get from here to NYC, and that's only about 20 miles :facepalm:

Haha!! My rule of thumb is that if it's x amount of miles I can get there in less than x amount of minutes :LOL:

To be honest James, everything should be Irn Bru orange.

It has to be one figure-of-8 microphone (doesn't need to be ribbon) and any other microphone, doesn't matter about type or polar pattern, even managed it using the output from a mixer one time. If you can match the microphones, its better.

There are plenty of relatively 'cheap' ribbon mics. Quite liked the MXL R144 when I've used it.

Ah okay, I assumed ribbon and figure of 8 meant essentially the same thing. That's great though thanks. When you say match the microphones, would that not be an XY pattern? The chap I saw explaining mid-side was that one microphone was capturing directly from the source while the ribbon was picking up everything either side of it.

Do you have a nice sounding room and a very expensive guitar? If not them you'll get perfectly serviceable results using a pair of regular condensors. I usually go for a bright one on the neck, over shoulder , and a warm one around the body/12th fret.

Try something like an NT1 / mk219 combo

I have a rather nice Martin acoustic, but I've no idea about the acoustic qualities of my room haha!

That's interesting though. Audio engineering is something I've never looked into and the different techniques are pretty vast. I imagine though like any other musical-tech area, it gets to the "these cables sound better than those ones" stage! Thanks for the advice

Haha!! My rule of thumb is that if it's x amount of miles I can get there in less than x amount of minutes :LOL:

To be honest James, everything should be Irn Bru orange.

That's a much better rule to live by than the speed limit signs. :ninja:

And I don't know... we'd just end up like this

Oompa-Loompas-with-Willy--010.jpg