Does anyone have a good knowledge of wiring pickups ? I have a set of bare knuckles stockholm P90 humbucker, there's a diagram on their website for 2 volume and 2 tones that I used, but I would like to keep only 1 volume and 1 tone.

Does anyone have a good knowledge of wiring pickups ? I have a set of bare knuckles stockholm P90 humbucker, there's a diagram on their website for 2 volume and 2 tones that I used, but I would like to keep only 1 volume and 1 tone.

2H_3G_1V_1T.jpg

Just ignore the two wires taped off from each pickup since a P90 won't have those, they'll just have the standard two leads.

The Seymour Duncan wiring diagram database will have pretty much anything you ever need for guitar wiring!

Anyone able to tab the small run from 0:24 to 0:27?

It's totally escaped my mind

e|-----------------------------
B|-----------------------------
G|----------------------------- 
D|----------------------5------
A|-------------------5-----7---
E|-0--0--3--5--6--7------------

Shouldn't be difficult as a lot of airports probably fly to Paris. Even Exeter Airport.

Hmm need to check if Exeter airport can fly me there. I know they don't have flights coming from the US, but I imagine Paris would be different

I considered it, I do fancy going but not sure I can afford it.

Can you afford coming down to Exeter? Looks like we're going to have quite the meet up.

You can bring the ukuleles for the Muse covers we're going to play outside of Mansons. I've got the crash cymbals and tambourines covered.

I fixed it :ninja:

No he's right.

I'm not sure,I'm looking into it. What are the dates? I'm possibly in north Wales so not that far away.

Is there a Nando's in the offing?

The main meet up will be somewhere between the 26th and 29th. Looking like it will be the 28th, but not sure yet

And that depends if you want there to be a Nando's or not. There wasn't going to be, but we might be able to arrange something for you!

I wish I could score tix to Glastonbury, but I'm planning on going to the Eiffel Tower gig.

Nice

So it's actually impossible to get glastonbury tickets now?

I hope I didn't make a mistake by planning to arrive in Exeter on a Sunday... I guess it's best, as it doesn't mean I have to leave from London at 5:30 in the morning and run through the city center as fast as I can to get there right when they open.

My timing was perfect last time though. Got there right at 8:59, which gave me just enough time to get a picture of the sign at the front. :nerd:

I hope I didn't make a mistake by planning to arrive in Exeter on a Sunday... I guess it's best, as it doesn't mean I have to leave from London at 5:30 in the morning and run through the city center as fast as I can to get there right when they open.

My timing was perfect last time though. Got there right at 8:59, which gave me just enough time to get a picture of the sign at the front. :nerd:

I'm in Wales from the 25th July, so i'm around, it's really a question of whether the wife will let me abandon them for a day to drive a 10hrs round trip.

As for nandos, that would be an experience.

I'm in Wales from the 25th July, so i'm around, it's really a question of whether the wife will let me abandon them for a day to drive a 10hrs round trip.

As for nandos, that would be an experience.

Depends who else is around. I'm there until the 30th of June (only can meet until the night of the 29th really, as I'm leaving on the 30th)

I hope Nando's are open on Sundays.

Hmm need to check if Exeter airport can fly me there. I know they don't have flights coming from the US, but I imagine Paris would be different

Can you afford coming down to Exeter? Looks like we're going to have quite the meet up.

You can bring the ukuleles for the Muse covers we're going to play outside of Mansons. I've got the crash cymbals and tambourines covered.

No he's right.

I had a quick look and looks like they do fly to Paris but I expect there are limited flights per day and the timetable probably changes depending on season as it's a small airport.

Here https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/downloads/schematics/general/humbuckers/2_hum__1vol__1tone__3way.pdf

Ignore the green & white taped together. Your black & bare goes to ground, and your white is the red in the diagram.

I tried and it doesn't work :( Maybe my bad soldering skill caused some damage on the pots and switchs :( , I'm not sure if it's possible ?

I've thought about the second one since I'm in the UK during that time and don't have to leave for another couple of days, but 1) I have no idea what it's like to get over there and 2) already have a night out with the ladz planned.

Would recommend the Eurostar trains to be honest.

e|-----------------------------
B|-----------------------------
G|----------------------------- 
D|--------------------------5------
A|---------------------5-7-----7
E|-0--0--3-0--5--6--7----------------

I'm being pernickety I know but it sounds better to do it with the extra couple notes like that ^

I tried and it doesn't work :( Maybe my bad soldering skill caused some damage on the pots and switchs :( , I'm not sure if it's possible ?

any pictures?

I had a quick look and looks like they do fly to Paris but I expect there are limited flights per day and the timetable probably changes depending on season as it's a small airport.

cool thanks

the thing is that I really don't want to spend much on a third hotel, so i would just be going for the day... don't think it'll happen since the gig is surely at night.

Would recommend the Eurostar trains to be honest.

Might have to check that out then

any pictures?

Hmm, I ordered new pots and switch, so I'll change everything, I guess I need mistakes to improve :D

About the Eiffel Tower gig, If I were you, I would be careful with all the events that happened, as Paris is a " perfect target " during the UEFA Euro.

Bristol airport will almost definitely have flights. No need to specifically go from Exeter.

Eurostar is from London, not worth the bother.

Yeah Bristol or even Southampton are viable options for airports too.

Heck even Heathrow or Gatwick (and possibly others) are almost equally well linked to Exeter via train as Bristol and Southampton.

I travel from where I live near Gatwick to Plymouth quite often to visit my girlfriend which takes about 4 hours 45 minutes. From just Gatwick to Exeter would be nearer 3 hours or 3 hours 30 minutes I expect

I imagine if you considered multiple airports for inbound and outbound flights you'd find something which meant you didn't need a hotel in Paris.

Eurostar would probably be no better than than flying on cost/time basis, although there may well be more scope for travelling back after the gig at night and it's still pretty well linked to Exeter.

Yeah Bristol or even Southampton are viable options for airports too.

Heck even Heathrow or Gatwick (and possibly others) are almost equally well linked to Exeter via train as Bristol and Southampton.

I travel from where I live near Gatwick to Plymouth quite often to visit my girlfriend which takes about 4 hours 45 minutes. From just Gatwick to Exeter would be nearer 3 hours or 3 hours 30 minutes I expect

I imagine if you considered multiple airports for inbound and outbound flights you'd find something which meant you didn't need a hotel in Paris.

Eurostar would probably be no better than than flying on cost/time basis, although there may well be more scope for travelling back after the gig at night and it's still pretty well linked to Exeter.

Not sure about what the train times are from Waterloo, but last train from Paddington is half 11 at night, not sure if it even goes to Exeter. So no its not a great idea to take the train if you can help it as its safe to assume there'll be no way to get back after travelling from Paris after a gig.

Bristol isn't far away from Exeter, I think there's a Truro one as well. Travelling to Gatwick or any of the London ones just doesn't make sense from Exeter unless no other option. The train journey alone will take longer than the entire flight from anywhere in the South West!

Edited by haze015

Hmm, I ordered new pots and switch, so I'll change everything, I guess I need mistakes to improve :D

That might have been premature, you should have just tested the pots / switch with a meter to see if they were dead. Did you test your solder connections to make sure they were good too?

The problem is that I don't have a multimeter :/

Well, the components are a bit old, so it's not that bad to change them.

Get one. 15 bucks and it will save you so much time in the future trying to guess stuff like this.

Also to figure out which of your new pot is the volume vs tone, etc